Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

I assume these new visitors to the thread fail to see the irony in them taking the time to visit the thread to moan about something they don't like - in this case other people taking the time to come to the thread to "moan" about something they don't like.

There's no irony to see... a daily moan about Tubridy..the afternoon whinge at Duffy or maybe Ciara Kelly ...month after month. ..the radio always happens to be on in the background somewhere...made up most likely. ..long dreary repetitive self important posts .. I'd say most of ye are some crack all right

MOD - Don’t post on this thread again
    Catmaniac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

southstar wrote: »
    There's no irony to see... a daily moan about Tubridy..the afternoon whinge at Duffy or maybe Ciara Kelly ...month after month. ..the radio always happens to be on in the background somewhere...made up most likely. ..long dreary repetitive self important posts .. I'd say most of ye are some crack all right

Do you really not see any similarity in moaning about people posting comments and people moaning about a radio show?
    Maybe it's apparent to the lord of the craic like yourself but its unclear to me what the difference is between what you are actually doing and what you are complaining about.

MOD - Cards have been given, bans may ensue if further trolling goes on here.

Avoid backseat modding, please, it’s being handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Do you really not see any similarity in moaning about people posting comments and people moaning about a radio show?
    Maybe it's apparent to the lord of the craic like yourself but its unclear to me what the difference is between what you are actually doing and what you are complaining about.

I would guess that his point is that the same people post the same comments in these threads day after day, so to speak as they say. He doesn't post everyday pointing this out, so therefore there is no real irony in his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Brian Scan wrote: »
    I would guess that his point is that the same people post the same comments in these threads day after day, so to speak as they say. He doesn't post everyday pointing this out, so therefore there is no real irony in his position.

Cheers for clearing that up mate, doing it everyday is bad but only doing it sometimes is ok -gotcha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Cheers for clearing that up mate, doing it everyday is bad but only doing it sometimes is ok -gotcha.

Glad to be of service, so to speak, as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Would you say the repetitive nature of the thread is anything to do with the repetitive nature of the show?

Tubridy is like a broken record. He is really an unmerciful pain in the bollix. And that can't be stated enough as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,053 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Would you say the repetitive nature of the thread is anything to do with the repetitive nature of the show?

Tubridy is like a broken record. He is really an unmerciful pain in the bollix. And that can't be stated enough as far as I'm concerned.

He certainly takes a lot of abuse on here anyway.

I enjoyed what I heard of this morning's show.

The Best of LLS is on in the background and some of it is pretty good.

It's light entertainment he's doing not Chekhov.

elperello wrote: »
    He certainly takes a lot of abuse on here anyway
    He gets heavily criticised for his broadcasting output. The majority is fair. Im surprised it doesnt get more personal than it does.
    I enjoyed what I heard of this morning's show.

I listened back to the quiz after reading the thread. It was very funny. But that was due to the caller, not Tubridy. And it was a very rare moment.
    It's light entertainment he's doing not Chekhov.

This reasoning is as repetitive as anything else on the thread. The show is terrible by light entertainment standards unfortunately. Just because something isn't serious, doesn't mean you should just churn out any old sh*te.

IMO he's false, patronizing, pass-remarkable and generally an unlikable privileged chancer who is totally detached from normality and refuses point blank to accept criticism. The "toyman" stuff. The "look how much I read books and love JFK" stuff. Awful, awful shíte. Really abysmal.

What do you think are his strong points?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭maebee

I listened back to the quiz after reading the thread. It was very funny. But that was due to the caller, not Tubridy. And it was a very rare moment.

Mister,

Could you give a link to the quiz bit please?

• Advertisement

maebee wrote: »
    Mister,

Could you give a link to the quiz bit please?

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/11204307

quiz begins about 45-46 minutes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I'm struggling with the series on the "wonderfully interesting" Hillary Clinton sez he without an ounce of self awareness cool as ya like

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

He gets heavily criticised for his broadcasting output. The majority is fair. Im surprised it doesnt get more personal than it does.

This reasoning is as repetitive as anything else on the thread. The show is terrible by light entertainment standards unfortunately. Just because something isn't serious, doesn't mean you should just churn out any old sh*te.

IMO he's false, patronizing, pass-remarkable and generally an unlikable privileged chancer who is totally detached from normality and refuses point blank to accept criticism. The "toyman" stuff. The "look how much I read books and love JFK" stuff. Awful, awful shíte. Really abysmal.

I couldn't agree more. He is utterly devoid of ability or talent having been handed down the keys to the most viewed show here by dint of his family legacy and is contemptible by his nauseating air headed repetitive quirky idiosyncratic behaviour and his childman ambivalence towards sensible adult life.

An abject lightweight earning multiples of what far far more talented people do for inexplicably few hours or any apparent responsibilities. His predecessors actually worked hard for a living and were often cutting edge. Ryan is a blunt tool.

Although the point about repeated moaning by many here may be well made as evidenced on this forum, the point is that the cosseted protection by his employers and his utter rejection of any criticism whatsoever despite a deluge, and his complete lack of self introspection as a broadcaster as evidenced by 11 years of complete rubbish infuriates ordinary people who can see this garbage and contribute to his enormous salary through the state. That's why people are entitled to moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,053 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I guess it's fair to say that you don't like the guy and nothing I could add is likely to change your mind.

As far as I'm concerned it's just a magazine type daytime radio show of the type common on radio stations all over the world.

It's not the best I ever heard but certainly not the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’ve said this loads of times but when he got the late late gig Ian Dempsey said in clear language that he would be “found out” and he was but was also protected

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I’ve said this loads of times but when he got the late late gig Ian Dempsey said in clear language that he would be “found out” and he was but was also protected
    Didn't know Dempsey said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Didn't hear that at the time and realise it's a million years ago but don't suppose anyone has a clip of that? Would love to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

.....I have asked one of the show's Producers (on boards btw but I won't reveal his username) to debate the "standards" (or rather lack thereof) of the show with me, promising that I would only to stick to the facts and not engage in any slagging or mockery etc. That producer has refused to do so.

Do I slag Mr. Duffy? Yes, it's impossible not to given his output and outrageous fee arrangement.

Is this me by any chance? Let it go. I am under no obligation to reveal to you, Boards.ie or moderators where I work.

When posters didn't get an answer to this on the public forum they went crying to mods.

I assume these new visitors to the thread fail to see the irony in them taking the time to visit the thread to moan about something they don't like - in this case other people taking the time to come to the thread to "moan" about something they don't like.

Boards could just be on in the background.

It's a thin line between obsession and a passing interest.

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    I guess it's fair to say that you don't like the guy and nothing I could add is likely to change your mind.

As far as I'm concerned it's just a magazine type daytime radio show of the type common on radio stations all over the world.

It's not the best I ever heard but certainly not the worst.

That's the point, now you shouldn't measure a show by saying "there's worse out there", but it's not bad.

If you just don't like something or someone you are never going to like what they do and really should just move on. It will just drive you insane picking apart everything they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

More Music wrote: »
    Is this me by any chance? Let it go. I am under no obligation to reveal to you, Boards.ie or moderators where I work.

When posters didn't get an answer to this on the public forum they went crying to mods.

:rolleyes:
    To quote the actor who played Christy Browns father from the famous Irish movie of same name , " a shut mouth catches no flies " .

It's a thin line between obsession and a passing interest.

I know, I’m pretty confident I know which side of the line YOUR interest in ME lies.

Boards could just be on in the background.

In RTÉ, the parachute club, or the snooker hall?

Not to me, but you are to boards and the mods if you have a vested interest in the subject so to speak as they say. Allegedly of course of course.

Never said it was you. Feeling guilty though?

Uncharted wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    To quote the actor who played Christy Browns father from the famous Irish movie of same name , " a shut mouth catches no flies " .

I have no idea where this quote came from: "Silence is the virtue of those who are not wise" :)

I have no idea where this quote came from: "Silence is the virtue of those who are not wise" :)

It rubs the lotion on its skin.

I know, I’m pretty confident I know which side of the line YOUR interest in ME lies.

Well that's easy to quantify.

Of your 35,806 posts, what percentage relate to Duffy et al? 80% maybe? Higher?

Of my 789 posts, what percentage relate to you? 0.3% maybe?

In RTÉ, the parachute club, or the snooker hall?

No idea. But could be, if it's not blocked at the firewall at this stage.

• Advertisement

Well that's easy to quantify.

Of your 35,806 posts, what percentage relate to Duffy et al? 80% maybe? Higher?

Of my 789 posts, what percentage relate to you? 0.3% maybe?

I’m sorry that my post was too difficult for you to decipher, despite my putting “YOUR” and “ME” in caps for you. Not me and Mr. Duffy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement