Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

amlinopta wrote: »
    Ryan just back from a week off but more holidays to follow no doubt. Oliver Callan now firmly established as the preferred replacement, whatever happened to that lady Maggie who filled in a few times?

I've heard her doing political reports on radio news a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Here's what I don't understand though.

If the radio is on in the background in the office day after day how can somebody pay so much attention to it. And if it's such rubbish surely everybody in the office would decide to change the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

my friend wrote: »
    Darcy condemned to his failing afternoon slot

i switched on RTE Radio1 the other day for 2 mins, and there was darcy hittin wrong buttons all over the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

More Music wrote: »

If the radio is on in the background in the office day after day how can somebody pay so much attention to it. And if it's such rubbish surely everybody in the office would decide to change the station.

Well as I alluded to above some like it and some don’t.

You would have to wonder how much work goes on between 9am to 10am, 1.45 pm to 4.30 pm...

• Advertisement

isn't there something in the charter about this topic?

isn't there something in the charter about this topic?

I doubt Boards can dicate what is listened to in the office.

I doubt Boards can dicate what is listened to in the office.
    :)
    i think it's in the charter about NOT asking people to switch off if they hate it so much

Trying to get back on topic, and talk about the RT radio show and its content, I used to be a pretty regular listener, but I ended up giving up on it because - in my opinion - it was so vacuous and repetitious, in terms of the main themes. Kindness (which I am all for, but in a real and honest way like Jacinda Ahdern of NZ, not in some crusading, tub thumping way) and then American politics, books, pots of tea, and so on. It’s too formulaic for me.

Good luck to those who enjoy it - I didn’t and it was starting to get at me, so I gave it up. And I feel the better for it.

I still enjoy the thread, though. :o

More Music is correct. You see yourself as some crusader speaking truth to power in relation to radio presenters when in reality you are an obsessed weirdo in a forum full of similar individuals. You were doing the same thing in the Ciara Kelly thread until you were warned off by mods when posters started calling you out on your predictable crap.

I wasn't actually warned off at all by the mods but fell free to costruct your own narrative.

• Advertisement

More Music is correct. You see yourself as some crusader speaking truth to power in relation to radio presenters when in reality you are an obsessed weirdo in a forum full of similar individuals. You were doing the same thing in the Ciara Kelly thread until you were warned off by mods when posters started calling you out on your predictable crap.

Thanks for the valuable contribution your 53 posts have made to the debate btw.

You've accumulated quite a number of Red and Yellow cards for a person with such few posts from memory. Maybe you should try debating without resorting to the insults, you know, show a little kindness lol.

.......It’s too formulaic for me.

Good luck to those who enjoy it - I didn’t and it was starting to get at me, so I gave it up. And I feel the better for it.

I still enjoy the thread, though. :o

Who could argue with that. You don't like the show, it got to you so you stopped listening.

Do you need a certain number of posts before you can comment in the radio forum?

You've accumulated quite a number of Red and Yellow cards for a person with such few posts from memory. Maybe you should try debating without resorting to the insults, you know, show a little kindness lol.

How could you possibly know if I received any warnings?

I remember the poster in question receieving cards because of their repeated personal outbursts at me and other posters. They are displayed in the bottom right hand corner of an offending posts.

Also, I wasn't referring to you - are you having difficulty keeping up with which account you're posting from Silly More Gilly Music?

MOD

My warnings have been ignored and bans duly issued for the baiters. Go off with yourselves, give your fingers a little rest.

Do you need a certain number of posts before you can comment in the radio forum?

Hmmmmm......again, having difficulty remembering which account you're posting from?

I remember the poster in question receieving cards because of their repeated personal outbursts at me and other posters. They are displayed in the bottom right hand corner of an offending posts.

Also, I wasn't referring to you - are you having difficulty keeping up with which account you're posting from Silly More Gilly Music?

MOD Warning. No trying to suppose who posters are or how many accounts they are posting from. I need some peace.

I hope the mod will allow me the opportunity to clarify something important which I have been accused of.

I do not have multiple accounts.

I never have in 13 years on here or never would consider such a thing. That is insane.

It is very easily proven by Boards using the MAC/IP adresses they are required to hold on users.

Somebody comes on here and posts positively and they are accused of being the presenter in question, a producer working for them and now the holder of multiple accounts.

There's a clique operating here who thank themselves and give each other "thanks" when they "take somebody down". They get upset when somebody comes on here with a different positive view and somebody else agrees with it.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

I hope the mod will allow me the opportunity to clarify something important which I have been accused of.

I never have in 13 years on here or never would consider such a thing. That is insane.

It is very easily proven by Boards using the MAC/IP adresses they are required to hold on users.

Somebody comes on here and posts positively and they are accused of being the presenter in question, a producer working for them and now the holder of multiple accounts.

There's a clique operating here who thank themselves and give each other "thanks" when they "take somebody down". They get upset when somebody comes on here with a different positive view and somebody else agrees with it.

Thank you.

As one particular part of your rant is directed at me please allow me the courtesy of a reply.

Silly Gilly wrote:

To which I replied:
    I wasn't actually warned off at all by the mods but fell free to costruct your own narrative.

And:

And:

So again - these were all directed at Silly Gilly, not you.

You however replied with:

And:

So YOU choose to reply twice to posts directed at and asking questions of another poster, not you. And YOU answered in the first person, specifically in the second reply - and you wonder why some might suspect you're posting from more than one account?

And despite your proclamations you as usual ignore the elephant in the room and fail to comment on one particular suspicion many/most regular users have of you - of which you are well aware.

There's also no clique here who collude to "take posters down" as you describe it. I think you'll find they're in the Ciara Kelly Thread. I could name them, but I suspect you know who they are.

I think you're seriously overestimating the investment anyone has in this if you think anyone would be "upset" if a poster liked a show. Mrs. Brown's Boys is apparently funny in the eyes of a lot of people in this country, so clearly there's no accounting for taste.

And again, not all my postings are negative. I'm a fan of Oliver Callan's Callan's Kicks. I have frequently posted positively on the show in that forum. Unlike however those who "support" certain broadcasters I don't throw my toys out of the pram when others disagree with me on Callan - and there are a few regulars in that thread who regularly come on to say they don't find him or the material funny or entertaining.

You might try that yourself sometime.

#justsayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Guys this is the Ryan Tubridy forum.

Please!

Can we not show some kindness to one another!

You're all gone ' bonkers ' it seems!

Now,someone head out and get some ' logs' for this antique open fireplace.

I want to read an intriguing book ( I wrote ) about Hilary Clinton.

Put on a Beatles vinyl and make a pot of tea.

........ because that's the kinda thing we like 'round here.

Yours,the Toyman.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Would you like some jelly beans with that?

I heard a bit earlier where he managed to mention

Cormac O Hara's radio show

The Doc on One

Callan's Kicks

and Normal People, all in one breath.

This was after the usual mention of a previous LLS guest who happened to be in the papers today.

No spontaneity at all. Tick the boxes as you go. I'm a politics nerd, books, Kennedys, Obama Trump, Blah Blah Blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Only heard a minute or two and there was some fella crying on it.

Tubridy will be treating himself to a big bag of jelly babies tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Used to like tubbs ...but arter reading all these posts ..yes I agree ...he is a fcukin cnunt !

Several times in the last few weeks (and as recently as yesterday) Mr. Turdriddy has complained aloud that modern documentaries are far too long with many being serialised and spread over many episodes when the "correct" (:rolleyes:) length for a documentary in his opinion is no more than 90minutes; to trim the fat and cut out the unnecessary parts that aren't interesting. He has also bemoaned the loss of editing and editors necessary to make such cuts.

This morning Captain Contradiction himself was talking about how wonderful, intriguing, and fascinating the 4 hour documentary series on Hilary Clinton was.

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Thank you.

no there isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Will tamara's show be a Jean Kennedy Smith love in ?. How she helped with peace in oireland, how the Kennedys are friends of the auld sod ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,053 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RIP Jean Kennedy Smith

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    RIP Jean Kennedy Smith

Actually met her as a child, then later as an adult - should I call in? Tubs would likely cream himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement