Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Actually met her as a child, then later as an adult - should I call in? Tubs would likely cream himself.

Jesus dont risk it. Their still cleaning up the LL studio after yesterday's show ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Will tamara's show be a Jean Kennedy Smith love in ?. How she helped with peace in oireland, how the Kennedys are friends of the auld sod ?.

Here we go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Here we go with the dead Kennedys.

Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Yet another poxy modern version of a great tune...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Told the girl(Alexa) to shut the fork up as soon as that stuff started, after the books.

Very obedient lass………………

• Advertisement

Doctor H

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

Christmas!

plodder wrote: »
    Christmas!

Just around the corner

Tea and gorgeous biscuits

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jesus Christ, it's worse he's getting. This morning in a nutshell:
    Conversations Bryan had whilst doing his "messages"
    His "mammy's" birthday tomorrow
    Listener text (yeah, that happened :rolleyes:) saying Bryan's mammy must have had tremendous fun with Bryan growing up in the house
    Humblebrag Part 1 - "she's tremedous craic, shure where did you think I got it from?". Yes Bryan, "tremendous" and "craic" are not the first words that come to my mind when asked to describe you; "tremendous" maybe, followed by "twat"
    Books
    The Kennedys
    Books about the Kennedys
    Bryan's list and his "trusty" pen, complete with clicking noise - probably classed as a stunt in RTE for which he will possibly receiev extra fees.
    "Tremendous" x 10,0000
    "Intruiging" x 5,000
    No "bonkers" today (at least when I was lsitening)
    Trumpo bashing
    Icelandic author mention
    Humblebrag Part 2 - about being invited for dinner by said Icelandic author and "other authors" :rolleyes: when he visits, i.e. when you and I pay for it through our licence fee. WHOY don't you bring your Christmas buke with you Brian and see what your fellow authors think of that?
    "Tremendous love" audible on the cover version of "Dreams"
    Repeated over-emphasis on the word "THAT" again.
    Bit of de auld gaeilge - cúpla focail, basically the same level as Mr. Duffy's
    An "actual" pot of tea and gorgeous biscuits in a hotel! Wow! No mention of a delicious fire......
    Praise for RTÉ, agus na múinteoirí

And that was in the first 25mins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Listener text (yeah, that happened :rolleyes:) saying Bryan's mammy must have had tremendous fun with Bryan growing up in the house
    Humblebrag Part 1 - "she's tremedous craic, shure where did you think I got it from?". Yes Bryan, "tremendous" and "craic" are not the first words that come to my mind when asked to describe you; "tremendous" maybe, followed by "twat"
    Books
    The Kennedys
    Books about the Kennedys
    Bryan's list and his "trusty" pen, complete with clicking noise - probably classed as a stunt in RTE for which he will possibly receiev extra fees.
    "Tremendous" x 10,0000
    "Intruiging" x 5,000
    Trumpo bashing
    Icelandic author mention
    Humblebrag Part 2 - about being invited for dinner by said Icelandic author and "other authors" :rolleyes: when he visits, i.e. when you and I pay for it through our licence fee. WHOY don't you bring your Christmas buke with you Brian and see what your fellow authors think of that?
    An "actual" pot of tea and gorgeous biscuits in a hotel! Wow! No mention of a delicious fire......

Thank fuk I missed it. I'm wrecked after reading that :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Books
    The Kennedys
    Books about the Kennedys
    "Tremendous" x 10,0000
    "Intruiging" x 5,000
    Trumpo bashing
    Icelandic author mention

It looks like you typed it while listening and were taking notes. No way would you have remembered it all otherwise. :D

I have not listened to the show myself for a while. But I do find your posts entertaining as it seems to be the same gripes repackaged. The bit that is gas about this list to me: is your issue with how he says THAT. It seems to really annoy you. And it seems like a major issue for you. :D Never noticed it myself before.
    I am not sure if you are being serious but your take on it is funny.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

It looks like you typed it while listening and were taking notes. No way would you have remembered it all otherwise. :D

I have not listened to the show myself for a while. But I do find your posts entertaining as it seems to be the same gripes repackaged. The bit that is gas about this list to me is your issue with how he says THAT it seems to really annoy you. It seems like a major issue for you. :D
    I am not sure if you are being serious but your take on it is funny.

Nope, all from memory - I have a good memory apparently, too good at times (as in I wish I couldn't remember crap like that). I likely missed something though amidst all the waffle.

I'm 100% serious on his over-emphasis on "THAT" - it's like nails on a blackboard (can't say that anymore) chalkboard to me at this stage.

Nope, all from memory - I have a good memory apparently, too good at times (as in I wish I couldn't remember crap like that). I likely missed something though amidst all the waffle.

I'm 100% serious on his over-emphasis on "THAT" - it's like nails on a blackboard (can't say that anymore) chalkboard to me at this stage.

Jayus, I wouldn't listen to the show if it annoyed me that much.
    But I suppose it must be similar for you with people who watch horror films, they like to suffer. I have a sneaking suspicion, that you have to stop yourself saying 'that' like Tubridy this stage. :D

Just listening to the teachers section of the podcast: RTÉ Home School Hub Graduation.

Great to hear people doing positive stuff and helping people. Also nice to hear Clíona Ní Chiosáin AKA Aifric.

I did not hear one annoying 'that'. Just people trying to be positive, helpful and happy in thier work.
    No harm in THAT. :D

It's the exaggerated pronunciation of "wh" words that gets to me :D.
    Reminds me of the cool whip scene out of Family Guy.

Then there's the constant slurping... :(

It's the exaggerated pronunciation of "wh" words that gets to me :D.
    Reminds me of the cool whip scene out of Family Guy.

Then there's the constant slurping... :(

Never noticed it in his speech, seems to be fairly nondescript and RTE 'neutral' to my ear .

Jayus, I wouldn't listen to the show if it annoyed me that much.
    But I suppose it must be similar for you with people who watch horror films, they like to suffer. I have a sneaking suspicion, that you have to stop yourself saying 'that' like Tubridy this stage. :D

It's sort of like when you pass by a car crash and you don't wanna gawk at it but morbid curiosity gets the better of ya... :D

Never noticed it in his speech, seems to be fairly nondescript and RTE 'neutral' to my ear .

the slurping or the WHs?

lucky you cos once it strikes you, you can't unhear that shít.

Just listening to the teachers section of the podcast: RTÉ Home School Hub Graduation.

Great to hear people doing positive stuff and helping people. Also nice to hear Clíona Ní Chiosáin AKA Aifric.

I did not hear one annoying 'that'. Just people trying to be positive, helpful and happy in thier work.

Listen carfeully and you can't miss it - usdually in some sentence like

"....and we're all very grateful for......THAT!" or...."and THAT sort of thing."

Once you hear it however you can't unhear it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

personally positivity makes me want to vomit

"....and we're all very grateful for......THAT!" or...."and THAT sort of thing."

I think you are just getting a phobia about it. Wouldn't bother me/doesn't bother me. I think he is awful on telly though wouldn't watch the Late Late.
    But I find his radio programme nice and relaxing, easy going for background noise. Ages ago when at the dentist in waiting room - it was on. Took mind off impending teeth torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It’s ‘tòrists’ what gets me, Butthers.

Also nice to hear Clíona Ní Chiosáin AKA Aifric...:D

A sound lady. Used to bump into her from time to time.

It’s ‘tòrists’ what gets me, Butthers.

What about Christy MORE?

personally positivity makes me want to vomit

Ah I'd be as cynical as they come. But Tubridy does what he says on the tin, light hearted positivism with a few human interest stories. If I was not in the humour of listening to that I would not listen.

I think you are just getting a phobia about it. Wouldn't bother me/doesn't bother me. I think he is awful on telly though wouldn't watch the Late Late.
    But I find his radio programme nice and relaxing, easy going for background noise. Ages ago when at the dentist in waiting room - it was on. Took mind off impending teeth torture.

Good to hear what people who enjoy the show have to say.

But it tends to be a lot of comments like , "sure the show is grand" , "there are worse things out there", "it's good background noise", "sure he's harmless"...

At best people are just fairly indifferent to him.

5 hours work per week over the summer. 500k.

"a grand show - wasn't the worst , like" .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Fully agree on the above, credit where is it due as always, it was a nice piece and prefect light entertainment. It is possible for content not to be about illness, abuse and death and people like that.

Also Clìona is beautiful.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    It is possible for content not to be about illness, abuse and death and people like that.

Exactly enough of that stuff constantly in the news good to have something nice in general. And crucially with a bit of sincerity.

• Advertisement

Good to hear what people who enjoy the show have to say.

But it tends to be a lot of comments like , "sure the show is grand" , "there are worse things out there", "it's good background noise", "sure he's harmless"...

At best people are just fairly indifferent to him.

5 hours work per week over the summer. 500k.

"a grand show - wasn't the worst , like" .

Well I am kind of a new convert. Find myself flicking through the radio channels, Pat Kenny seems angry and looking for a row - these days very opinionated. So fed up of him . Trump on the brain.

Can't stick those radio male/female shows like Colm and Lucy on Nova. Where the 'banter' is forced and annoying. If I want music sure that is what my mp3 player is for.

Tubridy by his nature seems to look for positive stuff. So I put it on there few days ago thinking he might have a nice take on things or a nice story. Was ok for me until he read out the carers text/email - but it does not seem to be like that normally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement