Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The maddest thing about that ike interview is that tubs thinks exactly 6m Jews were killed by nazis... Exactly 6m..

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

This was one of the crazier days on Ryan`s show

Did I really hear Tubs wish him well on his event in the Helix which is sold out. Bizarre, what sort of people pay to go and listen to his ramblings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Drifter50 wrote: »
    what sort of people pay to go and listen to his ramblings

jimcorr-390x285.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I really wish he would stop going on about f**king books!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

I really wish he would stop going on about f**king books!!!!

Yeah. Let's have him sing the praises of the Kardashians instead. Only losers read books, duh.

• Advertisement

davef1000 wrote: »
    Yeah. Let's have him sing the praises of the Kardashians instead. Only losers read books, duh.

I never said anything like that but dedicating 25 mins of one show to ramblings about books is a bit too much.

I never said anything like that but dedicating 25 mins of one show to ramblings about books is a bit too much.

Why? There are plenty of shows that dedicate as much or more time to politics, sport, technology movies, celebrity news, gardening, weather, music, farming, history, children's stories, pets, and sometimes - heaven forbid - books.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Heard the beginning of Ryan’s show. He commented about having to work and I just turned off - he has been off for a LOT of the Summer!

Why? There are plenty of shows that dedicate as much or more time to politics, sport, technology movies, celebrity news, gardening, weather, music, farming, history, children's stories, pets, and sometimes - heaven forbid - books.

You are clearly a book fan.

You are clearly a book fan.

I can almost smell your derision.

• Advertisement

I can almost smell your derision.

I feel like you are looking for an argument and you have come to the wrong place. You are clearly a book fan so therefore if anyone says anything negative about Ryan and his books you will be straight into defend him.

I feel like you are looking for an argument and you have come to the wrong place. You are clearly a book fan so therefore if anyone says anything negative about Ryan and his books you will be straight into defend him.

You gave out about him discussing books. Did you want everyone to stand up and applaud? Is nobody allowed to disagree with you here? Is that how this works? I thought this was a discussion board, but you seem to be looking for an echo chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

You gave out about him discussing books. Did you want everyone to stand up and applaud? Is nobody allowed to disagree with you here? Is that how this works? I thought this was a discussion board, but you seem to be looking for an echo chamber.

You got on your high horse when i mentioned he goes on about books a bit too much as well. Relax. No ones knocking him for liking books or promoting them nor are we "deriding" any books readers...(you seem to take personal offence)..in fact I would suggest most of us on here probably fall into the "book reading" category...the problem is Tubs CONSTANTLY goes on about books. And it's f*cking tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    You got on your high horse when i mentioned he goes on about books a bit too much as well. Relax. No ones knocking him for liking books or promoting them nor are we "deriding" any books readers...(you seem to take personal offence)..in fact I would suggest most of us on here probably fall into the "book reading" category...the problem is Tubs CONSTANTLY goes on about books. And it's f*cking tiresome.

Have to agree with you there,books and box sets.

Where does the guy get the time for all this reading and ‘boxsetting ‘

Has this poster baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

the constant talking about books is grating on the aul ears alright. It's not that I am not a reader. It's that he loves telling people how much he loves books and he loves telling them they should read and how important it is. As if people were unaware. He never really says anything interesting about books. It's more that books are a means for him to waffle for a while and try cement what he thinks is a endearing "young fogey" image.... Jelly beans is another thing he loves to talk about. He loves them and thinks its gas and cute that he loves them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

He’s going to hit the misery mother lode tomorrow, according to “Hi Gareth, Love the show!” and his meandering Facebook page, he’ll be appearing tomorrow to talk about his recent diagnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Maybe RTE could give him an extra hours show in the evening to review and talk about books?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

the constant talking about books is grating on the aul ears alright. It's not that I am not a reader. It's that he loves telling people how much he loves books and he loves telling them they should read and how important it is. As if people were unaware. He never really says anything interesting about books. It's more that books are a means for him to waffle for a while and try cement what he thinks is a endearing "young fogey" image.... Jelly beans is another thing he loves to talk about. He loves them and thinks its gas and cute that he loves them.

He might have said some interesting things when you weren't listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

He might have said some interesting things when you weren't listening.
    Yeah. That's it. I've just tuned in to his shows over the years just at the bits where he was waffling. In all the other parts he was probably giving some really thought provoking opinions on culture and society. What bad luck I have to only tune in when he's talking about jelly beans and how much he still loves Roald Dahl!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,630 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Damn those faceless keyboard warriors! :pac: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Your beaushiful beaushiful daughter
    Sorry. Wrong thread

Donald Trump to visit Ireland. Tubridy will be farting fire on Monday morning.

Just looking at a news report about Aretha Franklin's tribute concert. Bill Cliton could be seen laughing and chatting with someone while a woman was singing an Aretha song. Imagine if that was Trump. He'd be giving out about it for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

sligojoek wrote: »

Yeah no doubt he will be talking about the Trump visit so that he wont have to talk about this.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/aretha-franklin-funeral-internet-frenzy-at-bill-clinton-s-gaze-during-ariana-grande-s-performance-at-a3925066.html

bill1a.jpg?w968

Can you imagine the sneering he would be doing if it was Donald J that was gawking at Ariana's ar$e.

That was just a bitta banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

That was just a bitta banter.

Of course Joe, no doubt that will be assigned to the "Bill acting the maggot" category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭hawley

Since then, he's just become my guy. I'm an Elvis guy, I'm a Beatles guy, and Macca within The Beatles is my guy. So now I've seen him a total of eight times in concert, and I'm going to see him for the ninth time in London on the 16th of December.

The eighth time was strange. I had just returned from holiday, it was Monday morning, I was off work, and a text came to say 'Would you be free on Thursday to come and see Paul McCartney in The Cavern?' - and I've said this already, but it was like Charlie Bucket opening the Wonka bar and seeing the golden glow and thinking 'I can't believe it...' I still can't quite believe it happened.

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2018/0829/988359-ryan-on-the-run-paul-mccartney-me/

No Irish date on his tour, pity as I would love to see him in concert!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

hawley wrote: »
    Since then, he's just become my guy. I'm an Elvis guy, I'm a Beatles guy, and Macca within The Beatles is my guy. So now I've seen him a total of eight times in concert, and I'm going to see him for the ninth time in London on the 16th of December.

The eighth time was strange. I had just returned from holiday, it was Monday morning, I was off work, and a text came to say 'Would you be free on Thursday to come and see Paul McCartney in The Cavern?' - and I've said this already, but it was like Charlie Bucket opening the Wonka bar and seeing the golden glow and thinking 'I can't believe it...' I still can't quite believe it happened.

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2018/0829/988359-ryan-on-the-run-paul-mccartney-me/

I can relate to the sentiment. However my daughter would find it lame

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Just looking at a news report about Aretha Franklin's tribute concert. Bill Cliton could be seen laughing and chatting with someone while a woman was singing an Aretha song. Imagine if that was Trump. He'd be giving out about it for a week.

Interesting typo!

• Advertisement

Well spotted caller. A freudian slip, so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement