Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Rte making a documentary on the opening of the hairdressers. Jesus wept
    It would make you dye laughing.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It'll be the mane attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Cutting edge

Y'all comb back now, ya hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

It'll be the highlight of many people's week ,no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Offering his services to cut the ribbon at the opening of a children's Comic/Book exhibition which hasn't even been organised yet.

Counting chickens before they're hatched ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Fringe benefits

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Dafuk lads.!!!

Save the puns for Tamara, we'll have our own Funny Friday :)

Certainly be better than Duffy's one

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It's not that long ago that Mr. Duffy was asking listeners to submit the names of hairdressers around the country that were amusing in nature, so to speak. I have PTSD reading some of your efforts there. A plague on all of your houses!

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Offering his services to cut the ribbon at the opening of a children's Comic/Book exhibition which hasn't even been organised yet.

Counting chickens before they're hatched ??

NINTCHDBPICT000491442802.jpg?strip=all&w=960

Bryan is available for a small large fee to open anything so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Some of us have had the misfortune of meeting them, or being in their company.

Thank you for your service.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan pretending to care about going to pubs and Liverpool FC :rolleyes:

So you're a Liverpool fan now, Father.

Ryan pretending to care about going to pubs and Liverpool FC :rolleyes:
    sligojoek wrote: »
    So you're a Liverpool fan now, Father.

I assume Bryan's sporting knowledge is right up there with Mr. Duffy's?

I was tempted to say that he'd be a shoo-in for a role in Lord of the Rings,

I'm not sure the producers could afford him though

I assume Bryan's sporting knowledge is right up there with Mr. Duffy's?

he once mistakenly ended up at a Reading match with a copy of Matilda.

I was tempted to say that he'd be a shoo-in for a role in Lord of the Rings,

I'm not sure the producers could afford him though

Also being a foot taller than most of the actors might lead to some issues. I'd prefer to see him reprise his role as The Gimp in Pulp Fiction tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm due an Alan overdose weekend so to speak methinks.

I'm due an Alan overdose weekend so to speak methinks.
    Might do that as well. Nearly finished a Seinfeld S1 -9 binge.

• Advertisement

I don’t that often listen to Tubridy, it is the aural equivalent of eating an aero bar, not an iota of substance in it, even between the bubles of airy nothing.

I don’t that often listen to Tubridy, it is the aural equivalent of eating an aero bar, not an iota of substance in it, even between the bibles of airy nothing.

If Bryan was a chocolate bar he would eat himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Classic RTE putting a call out for people to take part in a documentary 2 working days before it's due to start filiming. A lot of thought must have gone into this one.

Or 4 normal days. I'd say that's plenty of notice if you want to put your name forward if that's your thing.

I though classic RTE was taking ages to do anything and having to form sub-committees before a decision is made.

More Music wrote: »
    Or 4 normal days. I'd say that's plenty of notice if you want to put your name forward if that's your thing.

I though classic RTE was taking ages to do anything and having to form sub-committees before a decision is made.

Yeah, I can imagine them frantically running around on Saturday and Sunday trying to orgaise shooting for Monday morning. :rolleyes:

More Music wrote: »

I'm not a barber, but thanks for the offer. How's retirement going?

Despite myself, I listened to Ryan this morning in the car on the way back from the weekly shop (sad, I know)

I had a light bulb moment (which many of you will have had already - I’m just late to the party...). It was, “why do I find the show (and, indeed, Ray’s) so hard to listen to. My answer is....

The monologue.

For whatever reason, they both start the show with a fifteen minute meander over the papers, their opinion on (please insert an incredibly oblique and off-piste subject here, with some tenuous association with some in-the-moment issue); what they read/saw/ate/encountered whilst shopping/riding their bicycle/ were talking to their offspring - you get the drift...

In the real world, when we meet up with someone, whether casually, unexpectedly or deliberately, we have a dialogue with them. We don’t sit there for fifteen minutes with our receiver on and our transmitter off.

So, the “exchange” we don’t have with Ryan (and Ray) means the whole thing is a falsity.

And that’s why I have stopped listening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Whoever mentioned the over-pronunciation of THAT on here ... thanks for THAT...I cannot unhear THAT now ...and we (dont) like THAT here!! :p

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Whoever mentioned the over-pronunciation of THAT on here ... thanks for THAT...I cannot unhear THAT now ...and we (dont) like THAT here!! :p

THAT was me. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Caught the last few minutes there, like some child that's wound up that lad. Heaven knows what he was like for the rest of the programme

• Advertisement

Despite myself, I listened to Ryan this morning in the car on the way back from the weekly shop (sad, I know)

I had a light bulb moment (which many of you will have had already - I’m just late to the party...). It was, “why do I find the show (and, indeed, Ray’s) so hard to listen to. My answer is....

The monologue.

For whatever reason, they both start the show with a fifteen minute meander over the papers, their opinion on (please insert an incredibly oblique and off-piste subject here, with some tenuous association with some in-the-moment issue); what they read/saw/ate/encountered whilst shopping/riding their bicycle/ were talking to their offspring - you get the drift...

In the real world, when we meet up with someone, whether casually, unexpectedly or deliberately, we have a dialogue with them. We don’t sit there for fifteen minutes with our receiver on and our transmitter off.

So, the “exchange” we don’t have with Ryan (and Ray) means the whole thing is a falsity.

And that’s why I have stopped listening

At least Ray sometines at least asks “what do YOU think!” With Ryan I get the sense more that he is telling you what you should be thinking, it doesn’t come across well at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement