Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

A skinny rod, with a tingy on the end that you would pass through a rifle/shotgun barrel in order to clean it caller. Mich like a very large cotton bud with one end removed

That's a pretty accurate description of the man himself too.

I literally caught 1minute before Bjork. In that minute I got:
    Hodges & Figgis bookshop
    Dubray books
    Kindness

Ffs.

Minted with kindness.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Am I alone in thinking there’s something slightly off when a 47year old man gets a little too excited about “Coke floats”? And yes, he meant Coca Cola.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

His well worn Patter is designed to be inoffensive and to garner praise.

It is also utterly insincere and self serving

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

sligojoek wrote: »
    Almost always someone in the papers who was a former guest on the LLS.

A LLS alumni.

I am an alumni of the shop I went into this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If you are a LLS alumni of the last few years, then you are either an RTE employee or a Z-list celeb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Gay Byrne wasn’t a slave to RTÉ.....he was a slave to money!
    Can’t quit sure I’d lose too much..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

boarddotie wrote: »
    A LLS alumni.

I am an alumni of the shop I went into this morning.
    Did he say "alumni" (the plural) in a singular sense? Surely not, as an eminent classical scholar. Or maybe it's some new woke thing?

Storm 10 wrote: »

Fair play to him managing to survive on just €500,000 a year. I don’t know how he does it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Don't worry Tubridy, you wont have to worry about balancing your 10 hour working week and your home life once the girls get their due jobs in Montrose.

It'll be Win Win.

Don't worry Tubridy, you wont have to worry about balancing your 10 hour working week and your home life once the girls get their due jobs in Montrose.

It'll be Win Win.

It’ll be win, win, win. I think you forgot about Noel Kelly’s cut

Mr. Tubridy on another break-een so to speak as they say. Will it be 2 weeks or 3, or more? It certainly won't be just the 1.......

I heard him at the end of his last show on Friday and I think I recall him saying mid August.

So looks like 3 weeks?

I read somewhere that he’s having an extended break after a few bonkers months, and won’t be back until the LLS returns in September.

Happy days.

I read somewhere that he’s having an extended break after a few bonkers months, and won’t be back until the LLS returns in September.

Happy days.

Am I getting the notion here that he might be stepping aside from presenting the show, or being asked to do? He couldn't be @rsed with the show going by the complete lack of effort he puts into any attempt at research. He already admitted he doesn't do much research. Is Dee Forbes seeing the light and getting someone cheaper to do at least no worse a job?

Am I getting the notion here that he might be stepping aside from presenting the show, or being asked to do? He couldn't be @rsed with the show going by the complete lack of effort he puts into any attempt at research. He already admitted he doesn't do much research. Is Dee Forbes seeing the light and getting someone cheaper to do at least no worse a job?

Not a chance.

Can't see Tubs giving up his radio slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

He can use the time to catch up on some reading

Callan achieving the great feat of having a half decent conversation about books without being a patronizing, self-absorbed little shít.

• Advertisement

A suitably "Beautiful and Delicious" tweet aimed at the same age group who are being primed for The Late Late Toy Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Callan achieving the great feat of having a half decent conversation about books without being a patronizing, self-absorbed little shít.

Heard him the first morning he took over. The usual stuff of blabbing on and on from the newspapers for twenty minutes (it feels like). Not at all interesting. Sounded a bit like Marty doing that story thing on Lyric. I switch off. Boring stuff. Dreadful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Sorry but Callan is no no for me. Too patronizing and opinionated.

Thought they might have given Ella McSweeney another go, she has a different perspective on a few things and was kind of interesting

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Sorry but Callan is no no for me. Too patronizing and opinionated.

Thought they might have given Ella McSweeney another go, she has a different perspective on a few things and was kind of interesting

That was the one that described her dog and later a herd of live cows as "delicious". :D

bobbyss wrote: »
    Heard him the first morning he took over. The usual stuff of blabbing on and on from the newspapers for twenty minutes (it feels like). Not at all interesting. Sounded a bit like Marty doing that story thing on Lyric. I switch off. Boring stuff. Dreadful stuff.

Yep, I agree. It is very boring overall. Not sure Callan can do much with show in general. Most of it is just reading the papers, sure . Can't say I ever found him patronizing but don't really listen to him much.

I can take or leave him in general, but he is much less irritating than the self-proclaimed Long Fella/Toyman/Young Fogey/any other moniker he's given himself in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Callan is way too much into the Shinners for a show like this.

He tried to use the platform early on to shill his political views.

Would think he got a shoe up the hole for that.

Unfortunately for him seems his Twitter persona has cut the chair from under him.

No loss in this posters opinion.

Highlight of the show is an 'influencer'?

Why are they giving these people the time of day?

Awful show made worse by Callan using the term "the thing" . Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Was it yesterday he was talking to the farmer that had his leg amputated?
    Says to him "fair play to you, you took it in your stride!"....d'oh !!!!:D:D
    Talk about putting your foot in it!!!......oh...eh....:o:o.

• Advertisement

Guess who just passed me on a vespa out dalkey way...some lucky chick hanging off the back :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement