Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Guess who just passed me on a vespa out dalkey way...some lucky chick hanging off the back :)

Did you not take a pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Did you not take a pic?

No. I was too starstruck. I just froze.

Guess who just passed me on a vespa out dalkey way...some lucky chick hanging off the back :)

Bono?

Bono?

Nope. Someone much longer than Bono.

Nope. Someone much longer than Bono.

That doesn’t narrow it down much...

• Advertisement

Bono?

Couldn’t have been Bono unless Gavin Friday and Guggi were there too.

A couple more weeks of zipping around South Dublin on his moped, then he'll be back to tell us about all the kindess and joy he brought to people on his most recent month off.

My girlfriend thought he looked a bit scaldy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

MARTY’S PARTY!

plan-b-marty-morrissey-chats-about-his-new-big-adventure.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Joe Duffy?

One of the daughters?

• Advertisement

Nah, wasn't his daughter.

It was some dark haired mott - slim, seemed not bad looking, late 30s I'd guess. Didn't get the best look at her but she wasn't dissimilar to his ex Aoibhinn ;)

Nah, wasn't his daughter.

It was some dark haired mott - slim, seemed not bad looking, late 30s I'd guess. Didn't get the best look at her but she wasn't dissimilar to his ex Aoibhinn ;)

I hope he wears a helmet

He was wearing a helmet alright - and shades.

A disturbing cross between Quadrophenia and Willy Wonka. As seen here:

https://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/hey-tubs-wheres-the-jag-ryan-invests-in-a-vespa-to-get-around-after-salary-cut-26885509.html

As he sped away, kids and animals flocked behind him - the king of kindness.

Luckily he didn't go full-on Quadrophenia and zoom off the edge of Sorrento Point.

As he sped away, kids and animals flocked behind him - the king of kindness.

The Pied Piper of Montrose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭maebee

Was he not supposed to be back today?

maebee wrote: »

Someone said he’s off until September. I’m not joking.

next week according to Callan.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Just the three weeks holidays, modest enough by RTE standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

maebee wrote: »

Severe face freeze from the Vespa

• Advertisement

amlinopta wrote: »
    Just the three weeks holidays, modest enough by RTE standards.

These are not the first holidays he’s had this year.

He's pretty much off the entire summer, even the weeks he is on air. There's no LLS and the radio show cannot involve much effort on his part.

It would be interesting to know how many hours per week on average he works throughout the year.

He's pretty much off the entire summer, even the weeks he is on air. There's no LLS and the radio show cannot involve much effort on his part.

It would be interesting to know how many hours per week on average he works throughout the year.

If somebody does figure it out, could they please post it as a SPOILER, because I really have to be in the right frame of mind when I learn the awful truth. That will require me to have a significant amount of “quiet, contemplative, reflective time” in advance.

Thanks in anticipation.

^^ brilliant :D

If somebody does figure it out, could they please post it as a SPOILER, because I really have to be in the right frame of mind when I learn the awful truth. That will require me to have a significant amount of “quiet, contemplative, reflective time” in advance.

Thanks in anticipation.

For at least 2 years I compiled a Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat so to speak as they say, that made for interesting reading. Wouldn't have the time, patience or energy to do one for Tubs (esp. as I only very rarely watch The Late Late Show), but I'd imagine it would cause a minor heart attack to anyone of a senstitive disposition when reading it in December.

Genius.

I think we should crowdfund Butters to do that for Tubridy.

How did the Joe one work out?

Genius.

Ye couldn't afford me!

Let me dig out some links for you, give me a few mins.

Genius.

2-17 so to speak as they say:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105629563&postcount=9997

2-18 so to speak as they say:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109010494&postcount=2961

It was also featured in broadsheet.ie, though sadly the comments seem to be gone from underneath it now....
    https://www.broadsheet.ie/tag/rte-salary/

For at least 2 years I compiled a Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat so to speak as they say, that made for interesting reading. Wouldn't have the time, patience or energy to do one for Tubs (esp. as I only very rarely watch The Late Late Show), but I'd imagine it would cause a minor heart attack to anyone of a senstitive disposition when reading it in December.

That could be me. I have put my cardiologist on speed dial and am having his number engraved on a dog tag marked “ICE”. Give me a couple of days, Amazon’s still a bit slow on Prime deliveries.

• Advertisement

That could be me. I have put my cardiologist on speed dial and am having his number engraved on a dog tag marked “ICE”. Give me a couple of days, Amazon’s still a bit slow on Prime deliveries.

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement