Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Ryans self-congratulatory and completely self-unaware monologues are starting to remind me of the Ricky Gervais character in the UK office.

Chatting away to himself about how brilliant he thinks he is and telling us all how he's changing the world for the better.

He really annoyed me there a few weeks ago plugging some Icelandic Author basically fishing for an invitation to Iceland to be put up and chauffeured around Iceland like a VIP for a week.... So transparent and we have to pay for it thought the TV license.

This is from a man with Fianna Fail connections who got the job for unknown reasons as he couldn't interview capably then and still can't despite having had ample time and opportunity to pick up the basics. He literally just reads off a set series of questions and doesn't even listen to the persons replies....always failing to develop the interview and get the best out of his guest.

His character and personality are now screaming that he has shut out all negative voices and now only listens to the sycophantic yes-men/women on his production team.

He's paid a fortune...is always out on holidays..... and even when he's supposedly working he's always working his angles - He's the Marie Antoinette of RTE !!!

I'm waiting to see how much they paid Kat-Trinne Thomas to go on holidays in Ireland with her family, and also if they let her keep the €150,000+ Camper van she's driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

A delay on the line ??

He was talking to Galway ffs.

I'm waiting to see how much they paid Kat-Trinne Thomas to go on holidays in Ireland with her family, and also if they let her keep the €150,000+ Camper van she's driving.

Would this be on RTÉ Media Sales website, caller? Dja ever take a look there...., oh wait

Would this be on RTÉ Media Sales website, caller? Dja ever take a look there...., oh wait

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Wonder did he head down to Teddy's for an icecream?.
    Did he mention it yesterday or did he miss that bit whilst perusing the papers on our dime.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Heard an ad for his show today and it was a few seconds clip of him slagging off Elton John again and the "Dill Danding" thing.

So theyre using Bryan having a laugh at a 70 odd year old man to sell their show??
    What happened to be kind?? Very unprofessional by a national broadcaster.

It must be quiet on the liveline thread...Most of the crew are here...😅😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Woke McDermott was described as "a good egg" recently too. Tubs mentally lives in a county village in 1950s England methinks. He would likely describe me as "a rotter".

PG Wodehouse territory.

Great books. Non PC .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Woke McDermott was described as "a good egg" recently too. Tubs mentally lives in a county village in 1950s England methinks. He would likely describe me as "a rotter".

‘ Bounder’ I’d say mesell.

‘ Bounder’ I’d say mesell.

Why so Brendan? Why would I be thus? Or are you referring to McDermott?

• Advertisement

Straight in with American politics. He had no idea how to pronounce her name but he knows she will be president some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

The vice presidential democratic nomination is defiantly going to be the talk of the town across ireland today. I looked out the window and saw huddles of people gathered around reading from newspapers on the street. I had a dozen missed calls all seeking to discuss this topic. I'm only sorry I didn't get up at 3am to get a head start on this truly earth shattering news.

*may not have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This is like children’s radio

sligojoek wrote: »
    Straight in with American politics. He had no idea how to pronounce her name but he knows she will be president some day.

I thought I had tuned into an American radio station. He actually he didn’t know much about her but he was sure she would be president some day.

Then he plays a clip on how to pronounce her name as “Comma-la”, then repeatedly says Kam-ala, even says its like Pamela. FFS.

Now he’s reading her Wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

November will be fun

November will be fun

November? He’ll be in election mode from Sept. 1st - if he’s not on holidays.

November will be fun

Between the election in america and the toy show his little heart will be beating like a humming birds with excitement

November? He’ll be in election mode from Sept. 1st - if he’s not on holidays.

On reflections it's already started

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"This is not my professional knowledge or anything. This is just me talking on the hoof"

Where do you start with that.

This is like children’s radio

Well, it is the Toyman, after all

• Advertisement

Remember how rude you were to the bald guy on the late or 'him with the nose'? How badly were you brought up you hypocrite.

"This is not my professional knowledge or anything. This is just me talking on the hoof"

Where do you start with that.

Or it could be “off the cuff”, too. He doesn’t know whether he’s on foot or on horseback.

Or as one of my colleagues at work said, in describing a guy who worked for him who was always mumbling on randomly, “and so saying, he got on his horse and rode off in all directions”

If it wasn't for the american politics and lecture on rudeness this hasnt been too bad this morning, grand for morning lightweight stuff.

He’s talking pollocks, now

Big call out to all the businesses that gave him freebies.

Tubs now listing some of the freebies he got on his jollies.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Big call out to all the businesses that gave him freebies.

Steady on, he’s only got an hour long show. Could run over into tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Or it could be “off the cuff”, too. He doesn’t know whether he’s on foot or on horseback.

Roughly translates to :

I don't bother doing any research for the show, nor am I half the " political anorak" I claim to be, so indulge me here as i waffle aimlessly about something that is not of much interest to anyone listening.

I saw this guy in the Olympia a few years ago. I didn’t see Tubs there though.

• Advertisement

Steady on, he’s only got an hour long show. Could run over into tomorrow.

There'll be an interview with a woman who lost a child next.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement