Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,508 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

A blast from the past, but still relevant:

http://www.rabble.ie/2016/08/17/gombeen-12/

Callan isnt much better.

Shilling the Shinners every chance he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Monsoon season in Dublin Ireland

No need to be embarrassed.

There's assholes in every country.

Beautiful black man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Berlin Bar or a museum??

Let me think

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

sligojoek wrote: »
    No need to be embarrassed.

There's assholes in every country.

Beautiful black man

How many times has he said 'beautiful'????
    Joseph and Ryan must make it a game to see whom can say it more!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Captain Jolly in the house talking about the Monsoon Season in Dubalin, Ireland - just in case you weren't sure which Dubalin he was talking about.
    Raining cats and dogs segue into pets.
    Berlin D2 bar - disgraceful. People are frustrated.
    "I don't need to get into it" - after talking about it for a few minutes, and then says he'll return to it later. :confused::confused:
    Royal Canal racism - horrible. Bryan thinks a class on racism would be the solution for these scumbags. :rolleyes:
    Pop-up museum gives him the horn.
    "Beautiful exhibition" that just happens to feature one of Bryan's relatives.
    Go forth, enjoy, and leeeeeeearrrrrrrrn!
    Timetables - a monster of a gig.
    People are nervous - and THAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT'S right!
    Sharing is caring - sharing is prohibited!
    Namedropping the author of a buke he got an advance copy of last week. I can almost taste the wine! Tally ho!
    LLS mention!
    I THIIIIINNNNNNK we're going to be OK!
    Lots of overemphasizing certain words today, even moreso than usual.
    I'm going on my walks and kids come up to me and say "Toyman" - yeah, right, sure they do. Christ, he's so desperate to make that a thing isn't he?
    Some texts from concerned callers.
    An hour in a class being told "that was really mean" - LOL. What a clueless idiot if he thinks that would help.
    Bryan wants his friends in the 3 lockdown counties to message into the show to tell him about their businesses - call out for freebies perhaps?
    Millionaire wishing businesses who are closing well.
    Teacher not looking forward to going back because of the thing. Talk to your principal about that.
    Niall Horan song - blandness personified, just like this show really.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I know, the poor sod was in need of a good re-energizing break.

I mean, it's been about 2 whole months since he took considerable time off due to being quarantined with a slightly sore throat.

And he was doing the LLS up until May so he hasn't really had time to get over that - just a month or two. And then before that he must've worked the entire month of Feb without a break.

A bonkers run!!:D

Hopefully he's re-energized enough to see him through the next few weeks of doing five hours of 'off the cuff' radio per week.

He did choose some good songs. Fair play to him. They should give him a bonus!

Thats just thick. He had a lot more than a slightly sore throat.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

09:28. Be kind klaxon.

He wasn't hospitalized. He said himself it was a very mild case. He wasn't exactly on death's door.

School
    School
    School

Beautiful little boys and girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Thats just thick.

Lets be kinder. Show kindness to one another.
    Let's make this thread beautiful.
    No personal attacks here.

Abel Ruiz wrote: »

What a gorgeous idea.

Captain Jolly in the house talking about the Monsoon Season in Dubalin, Ireland - just in case you weren't sure which Dubalin he was talking about.
    Raining cats and dogs segue into pets.
    Berlin D2 bar - disgraceful. People are frustrated.
    "I don't need to get into it" - after talking about it for a few minutes, and then says he'll return to it later. :confused::confused:
    Royal Canal racism - horrible. Bryan thinks a class on racism would be the solution for these scumbags. :rolleyes:
    Pop-up museum gives him the horn.
    "Beautiful exhibition" that just happens to feature one of Bryan's relatives.
    Go forth, enjoy, and leeeeeeearrrrrrrrn!
    Timetables - a monster of a gig.
    People are nervous - and THAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT'S right!
    Sharing is caring - sharing is prohibited!
    Namedropping the author of a buke he got an advance copy of last week. I can almost taste the wine! Tally ho!
    LLS mention!
    I THIIIIINNNNNNK we're going to be OK!
    Lots of overemphasizing certain words today, even moreso than usual.
    I'm going on my walks and kids come up to me and say "Toyman" - yeah, right, sure they do. Christ, he's so desperate to make that a thing isn't he?
    Some texts from concerned callers.
    An hour in a class being told "that was really mean" - LOL. What a clueless idiot if he thinks that would help.
    Bryan wants his friends in the 3 lockdown counties to message into the show to tell him about their businesses - call out for freebies perhaps?
    Millionaire wishing businesses who are closing well.
    Teacher not looking forward to going back because of the thing. Talk to your principal about that.
    Niall Horan song - blandness personified, just like this show really.

Bryan?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ok. But maybe also ask for kindness towards RT?

Terry Pratchet

What an intriguing post.

He is telling teachers to email their principals. He doesn't get organisational dynamics or politics. That not every teacher feels comfortable, secure or empowered to do this. The "why don't you" reply as if the teachers had not thought about that already!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He is really pushing this TOYMAN moniker isn't he?

A self-created one too, he is doing his absolute best to make sure the country will remember him as that when he gets old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

boarddotie wrote: »
    He is telling teachers to email their principals. He doesn't get organisational dynamics or politics. That not every teacher feels comfortable, secure or empowered to do this. The "why don't you" reply as if the teachers had not thought about that already!

Why don't they just say to the press that unless they get the gig they want in the school that they would just go to work in the UK or a private school elsewhere?

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Why don't they just say to the press that unless they get the gig they want in the school that they would just go to work in the UK or a private school elsewhere?

The Teachers Unions should hire Noel Kelly to represent them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Ok. But maybe also ask for kindness towards RT?

I listened to most of today's show and I thought it was a pretty good example of it's type of programme.

You can hear this kind of content on radio all over the world.

Some interesting interviews and a few good tunes.

• Advertisement

Bryan?

Are you new here? Obviously.

Bryan will regale us every once in a while of tales of how when he encounters the great unwashed on his merry walks between morning cinema attendance and purchasing a 99 from Teddy's before returning home to indulge in a cup of tea and some plain cake before reading a book in front of an open and delicious fire that said great unwashed think his name is Bryan.

Example from just last week:
    Did anyone catch Ryan this morning having a little stab at folk who call him "Bryan" as in "Bryan, I love your show".
    I think it's very disrespectful and unkind when people who clearly know his name is Ryan call him Bryan. I would never do that.

giphy.gif

Id say Ryan spent a lot of schooldays hanging by his JFK underpants in the cloak room

Wedgie.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I left the radio on after his show and have been listening to Sarah on the Morning Show.

I'm sure she puts in a lot of prep work for it, she has to be very involved in every topic obviously and ask a lot of questions off the cuff. And she is on twice as long as Ryan, and he basically just rambles on for the first half of the show off the top of his head with whatever is flavour of the day.

Yet he is earning multiples of poor old Sarah, who is likely to get dumped soon for the wonderful Claire Byrne because she is another of the chosen ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

NIMAN wrote: »
    He is really pushing this TOYMAN moniker isn't he?

A self-created one too, he is doing his absolute best to make sure the country will remember him as that when he gets old.

It reminds me of a lad in school when I was about 12 or 13. This fella made up a nickname for himself. It never stuck, and he just got a good jeering over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

He had little to no symptoms by his own admission.

I never suggested he shouldn't have self isolated, if indeed he did have covid as he claims.

However, the fact that he was feeling fine and not working during this time would counter his silly claim that he has had a 'bonkers run' since September.

He hasn't been on a 'bonkers run' at all. He has spent a considerable time out of work. When he is not absent, he does 5 hours per week of ad lib talk. Much of his work is a glorified holiday.

He has no idea what being busy or under pressure is. That's pretty clear.

Do you think that he has been flat out since September or are you just cherry picking elements of my post without actually acknowledging the point I was making?

NIMAN wrote: »
    I left the radio on after his show and have been listening to Sarah on the Morning Show.

I'm sure she puts in a lot of prep work for it, she has to be very involved in every topic obviously and ask a lot of questions off the cuff. And she is on twice as long as Ryan, and he basically just rambles on for the first half of the show off the top of his head with whatever is flavour of the day.

Yet he is earning multiples of poor old Sarah, who is likely to get dumped soon for the wonderful Claire Byrne because she is another of the chosen ones.

I have to admit to listening to the first 20minutes purely for sh*ts and giggles, and to see how many Alan Partridge-isms he can conjure up for merriment. It really is awful nonsense - to think he gets paid for that. Unintentional comedy it most certainly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"stick them into a class on racial relations for an hour"

Tubridy sorts out racism.

I think I'll have to retract my previous comment.

The man's contribution to Irish society is immeasurable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

elperello wrote: »
    I listened to most of today's show and I thought it was a pretty good example of it's type of programme.

You can hear this kind of content on radio all over the world.

Some interesting interviews and a few good tunes.

The music has been good recently alright

"stick them into a class on racial relations for an hour"

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »
    The music has been good recently alright

Hadn't put you down as a Niall Horan fan :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement