Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Slane is usually big news but I loved how awkward tubs was in reading the Metallica press release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

"I have seen the Serena thing but I haven't come to a decision either way"

Oh grow a pair of b*lls once in your life man.

You think that f*cking cuck pussy would ever say anything negative about a "Woman" ... especially a "Black Woman" - they can't do any wrong on 2 counts, race and sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

He needs to stfu about American Politics as well. The only reason I'm listening to him at the moment is because I can't handle Pat Kenny and the endless queue of Democratic supporters Trump bashers and his bias. Seems like there is nowhere to go to get away from American politics at that hour of the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    You think that f*cking cuck pussy would ever say anything negative about a "Woman" ... especially a "Black Woman" - they can't do any wrong on 2 counts, race and sex.

There are few things more sad than an Irish person appropriating the language of the US far-right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Pero_Bueno wrote: »

You are not telling me that he is on the fence about Serena's meltdown at the US open? She was absolute cnut for not apologising to both Umpire and player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Red Fred

I was in the car on Wednesday and heard snippets of the show. His opening line was "I did a cull of books at home yesterday, which is good news, as I have too many books". It may be good news to you Ryan, but I have no interest in you decluttering activities. We all know that you love books and fair play to you, but no need to remind us at every opportunity you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

The books got a mention this morning but it wasnt that bad as the light heart entertainment magazine show dealt with child rape and domestic abuse. The misery factor was off the charts this morning!!!

Tubridy acting the hard man again "If I was sitting in the room with the domestic abuser, I don't think I would be able to sit still".

To quote Conor McGregor - "What are you gonna do? You're gonna do nothing".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭hawley

It's utterly disgusting how he is using the Emma Mhic Mhathuna case to promote himself, talking about visiting her on her death bed and receiving texts that she's dying. There are hundreds of other people dying of horrible illnesses and he decides to attach himself to the most high profile case. Even excepting how much it is in the media, he could have visited her and kept it private. I'm quite angry at how politicians and the media have used this case.

hawley wrote: »
    It's utterly disgusting how he is using the Emma Mhic Mhathuna case to promote himself, talking about visiting her on her death bed and receiving texts that she's dying. There are hundreds of other people dying of horrible illnesses and he decides to attach himself to the most high profile case. Even excepting how much it is in the media, he could have visited her and kept it private. I'm quite angry at how politicians and the media have used this case.

Man of the people is our Ryan!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Tubridy acting the hard man again "If I was sitting in the room with the domestic abuser, I don't think I would be able to sit still".

To quote Conor McGregor - "What are you gonna do? You're gonna do nothing".

Exactly the conclusion I came to, too.

Faux anger and faux machismo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

He said somethin similar before when he was talking about child abuse and he said he would "break the abusers legs" if he met him..... He seems to think he's telling it like it is. It's fairly embarrassing.

I'm sure like every normal person he's disgusted by any kind of abuse, but it's like he REALLY wants you to know just how cheesed off he is. He's desperate to be heard to say the right thing all the time. A real David Brent job.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He said somethin similar before when he was talking about child abuse and he said he would "break the abusers legs" if he met him..... He seems to think he's telling it like it is. It's fairly embarrassing.

I'm sure like every normal person he's disgusted by any kind of abuse, but it's like he REALLY wants you to know just how cheesed off he is. He's desperate to be heard to say the right thing all the time. A real David Brent job.

he wasn't on the same page as the interviewee at all, twice she had to remind him about the right to due process :)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

hawley wrote: »
    It's utterly disgusting how he is using the Emma Mhic Mhathuna case to promote himself, talking about visiting her on her death bed.........There are hundreds of other people dying of horrible illnesses and he decides to attach himself to the most high profile case....... he could have visited her and kept it private......

1. Emma quite rightly wished to go public and draw massive attention about all this to highlight the wrongs this state, and the HSE did to her and others. He was invited and it was her family’s wish for it to be discussed.

2. As you rightly say, there are hundreds of other people dying that nobody knows anything about. He has “attached” himself to some of those but you don’t hear about it because it was kept private as per wishes. You do see the irony in your post. You’re asking why doesn’t he visit people and not say anything about it? Well if he has visited and kept it private, then it doesn’t become high profile and thus you never hear that he visited. So the only visit you hear about is the one he discusses on radio.

More Music wrote: »
    1. Emma quite rightly wished to go public and draw massive attention about all this to highlight the wrongs this state, and the HSE did to her and others. He was invited and it was her family’s wish for it to be discussed.

2. As you rightly say, there are hundreds of other people dying that nobody knows anything about. He has “attached” himself to some of those but you don’t hear about it because it was kept private as per wishes. You do see the irony in your post. You’re asking why doesn’t he visit people and not say anything about it? Well if he has visited and kept it private, then it doesn’t become high profile and thus you never hear that he visited. So the only visit you hear about is the one he discusses on radio.

I would take issue a little with the word “wrongs” you use.

It was mistakes which were not handled correctly and the State is responsible for sure, but wrongs suggests to me that the State knowingly went out to do harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Looks like "History" is the mot de jour

Another f**king interview with someone about their new book!!!

Why do we need to hear he or any RTE head has visited any dying person, except maybe years later in a different context? The late Emma is high profile enough without what comes across as self-promo by any media person. I don’t doubt that Ryan is sincere, but it is better that media people keep their own personal profiles detached from the final sufferings of individuals, however high-profile they themselves intended to be.

I would take issue a little with the word “wrongs” you use.

It was mistakes which were not handled correctly and the State is responsible for sure, but wrongs suggests to me that the State knowingly went out to do harm.

Of course they didn't knowingly go out to misread smear tests or cause harm, and there is an internationally accepted error rate.

However, when the mistake was discovered it was kept secret from them, mainly due to a disagreement between the screening service and their individual doctors who had the responsibility to tell them. That was and is wrong in any language.

...... but it is better that media people keep their own personal profiles detached from the final sufferings of individuals.....

I would 100% agree with that. But I don't think Ryan went out and thought "I'm going to further my career here" on the back of Emma and her family's suffering.

• Advertisement

Of course they didn't knowingly go out to misread smear tests or cause harm, and there is an internationally accepted error rate.

However, when the mistake was discovered it was kept secret from them, mainly due to a disagreement between the screening service and their individual doctors who had the responsibility to tell them. That was and is wrong in any language.

You outed your own argument there,buddy.

There was a disagreement between the screening service and the doctors.

Of course that was not appropriate handling.

To extrapolate that this was a “wrong” by the State is ,for me , a step too far.

In any scheme like this there is a percentage of error, it happens, we are all human.

To put it out that it was baldly the State ‘wronging ‘ them is a bit unfair, in my opinion.

I heard the start of the show. "one of the benefits of the show is that I get my researchers to track down the authors of my favourite books so that I can interview. So they have managed to track down <insert some very British sounding name here> who wrote <equally British sounding book title> about victorian England. You can almost smell the smog and the fog and <insert more of Tubridy's pretentious bullsh1t here> . So we have that interview for YOU coming up later. "

Unbelievable levels of self indulgence.

I heard the start of the show. "one of the benefits of the show is that I get my researchers to track down the authors of my favourite books so that I can interview. So they have managed to track down who wrote about victorian England. You can almost smell the smog and the fog and . So we have that interview for YOU coming up later. "

Same again today. " I love reading books but it's even better when you're reading a book about the city you're in. Which is what I'm doing at the moment."

I would 100% agree with that. But I don't think Ryan went out and thought "I'm going to further my career here" on the back of Emma and her family's suffering.

It's gone as far as it's going to go

• Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I heard the start of the show. "one of the benefits of the show is that I get my researchers to track down the authors of my favourite books so that I can interview. So they have managed to track down <insert some very British sounding name here> who wrote <equally British sounding book title> about victorian England. You can almost smell the smog and the fog and <insert more of Tubridy's pretentious bullsh1t here> . So we have that interview for YOU coming up later. "

That sums him up. Such a tone of self entitlement from him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

was just wondering at what point he'd get to death with Attenborough. "are you afraid of dying David?"..........wait for it!

I really wanted that interview with Attenborough to be something better than it was.

Either Tubbs wasn't prepared or was just totally out of his depth and lacks advanced interviewing skills. He tried to drag Trump into it was just shut down.

He's in his element this morning, fawning all over his British heroes. I'm sure his grandfather would be proud.

I really wanted that interview with Attenborough to be something better than it was.

Either Tubbs wasn't prepared or was just totally out of his depth and lacks advanced interviewing skills. He tried to drag Trump into it was just shut down.

I’d say those interviews today and yesterday were just ’ fillers ‘ for tonight’s show.

Had all the ring of prepared questions from a clipboard about it, both today and yesterday.

In fairness I’d say Tubs was reading off a prepared list as there was little continuity about this mornings interview.

He hadn’t the freedom to change the play at the line of scrimmage one would opine.

I’ll throw him a bit of slack on those interviews.

• Advertisement

More grandstanding from Tubridy.

https://extra.ie/2018/10/14/news/irish-news/emma-mhic-mhathunas-kids

Can this stuff not be done in private?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement