Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Ryan and the Seamen.

I'm so happy young Ryan didn't end up in the water.
    He is filling me with kindness today. I thank him.
    He is filling me up with creamy goo and I'll be nicer than a ray of sunshine all day long!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Free essential oils set heading Ryan's way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Bryan never heard the word "lecky" (electricity) before. Seriously?

I was thinking the same thing, I've heard plenty of people here using it and not just British soaps but then he's so fixated on all things American it shouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Stop texting in about lecky, ok lads? Ryan doesn't want the show to get repetitive.

"A really good news story for me, and for us in general".

This is how he described his trip to see a boat ship yesterday.

God bless him for bringing this good news to us.

It's comforting to know that while the world is going to shíte, Tubridy is still living his privileged life.

Pee Wee's big adventure on the ship. "they came to my front door to collect me and they even let me press the buttons. And I prefer old ships to new ones".

They probably gave him a little souvenir hat or something as he was disembarking.

Vomit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

So fortunate to have decided to work from home on a day Ryan decides to have an author on...I hear he never discusses books.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

For someone on that much money, nobody at all seems to actually like him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Toats hillari

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Happy publication day.

Pee Wee's big adventure on the ship. " And I prefer old ships to new ones".

Vomit.

Pukingly cringeworthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭StevenToast

How does anyone pay the licence fee knowing Ryan Tubridy is in the employ of RTE?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

God bless him for bringing this good news to us.

It's comforting to know that while the world is going to shíte, Tubridy is still living his privileged life.

Pee Wee's big adventure on the ship. "they came to my front door to collect me and they even let me press the buttons. And I prefer old ships to new ones".

They probably gave him a little souvenir hat or something as he was disembarking.

Vomit.

He probably turned up like this:
    bd387486c8d2075953e7da385e8ba9be.jpg

(from Caddyshack btw)

I'd say McInerney is chuffed with her pat on the back from Tubridy this morning.

He's sure she'll 'find a home'.

Must feel good to be given the official seal of approval from a fella who does a fraction of your work for multiples of your salary :pac:

I'd say McInerney is chuffed with her pat on the back from Tubridy this morning.

He's sure she'll 'find a home'.

Must feel good to be given the official seal of approval from a fella who does a fraction of your work for multiples of your salary :pac:

Best thing she could do would be bring Noel Kelly out to lunch and ask him if he needs some new clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭elperello

How does anyone pay the licence fee knowing Ryan Tubridy is in the employ of RTE?

This is the Radio Forum.

There is no "licence fee" to listen to the radio.

The last great bargain free gloriously free.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

elperello wrote: »
    This is the Radio Forum.

There is no "licence fee" to listen to the radio.

The last great bargain free gloriously free.

Do you really think his one hour radio program is bringing in enough advertising to pay for his outrageous fees, not including the producer, researchers etc.?:pac:
    Next you'll be telling us Joe Duffy is generating his fees from the liveline advertising as well:D

That Navy woman last week wasn't long in fulfilling her offer to let him on board a Navy vessel. From the bit I heard I think they took him on a spin out in bay as well, all on the taxpayers dime.:rolleyes:
    He could at least have recorded it to video for the rest of us that might be interested, it all seems a bit pointless to just listen to him describe it on the radio.

Fishing for a trip on a boat now. Are there no bounds to it?

^^^ I hate to say, “I told you so”, but I did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭elperello

bossdrum wrote: »
    Do you really think his one hour radio program is bringing in enough advertising to pay for his outrageous fees, not including the producer, researchers etc.?:pac:
    Next you'll be telling us Joe Duffy is generating his fees from the liveline advertising as well:D

That Navy woman last week wasn't long in fulfilling her offer to let him on board a Navy vessel. From the bit I heard I think they took him on a spin out in bay as well, all on the taxpayers dime.:rolleyes:
    He could at least have recorded it to video for the rest of us that might be interested, it all seems a bit pointless to just listen to him describe it on the radio.

I don't know how much revenue they generate and I guess you don't either.

What I do know is that radio (not just RTE) is free at point of use.

No need for a licence, just buy an FM receiver and away you go.

The State Broadcaster does have to be paid for by means of the taxpayers' collective purse + advertising revenue. Personally I wouldn't know about the matter but one of our posters here has told us before that he dealt in radio advertising slots in his career and would know that ballpark figure. We have some excellent broadcasters and lucrative time slots in RTÉ that would be bringing in a lot more revenue than others.

Which would be fine if money from the tv license didn’t go towards funding RTE radio, but it does.

I’m going to bed now but you can google the RTE media rate card and it’ll show you the rates for a 30second ad (industry standard) for ads on every show on RTE radio. No-one pays rate card btw, all slots are sold at various discounted rates depending on how they’re bought, who buys them (agency wise/direct etc.), and other factors. Discounts are very generous btw.

I’ll dig one out tomorrow if no one does before then. Heading to bed. Long day today, another long one tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Which would be fine if money from the tv license didn’t go towards funding RTE radio, but it does.

I’m going to bed now but you can google the RTE media rate card and it’ll show you the rates for a 30second ad (industry standard) for ads on every show on RTE radio. No-one pays rate card btw, all slots are sold at various discounted rates depending on how they’re bought, who buys them (agency wise/direct etc.), and other factors. Discounts are very generous btw.

I’ll dig one out tomorrow if no one does before then. Heading to bed. Long day today, another long one tomorrow.

The Current Rate Card:

https://mediasales.rte.ie/wp-content/uploads/RT%C3%89-Rate-Card-2020-v8.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

One of the presenters of morning Ireland just apologised to Ryan for running over time... .
    With everything in the news this morning, not just the comedy show in cliften and the resignation. But Norma foley was interviewed about the schools reopening in 10days. Then the issue of Kildare, offaly and laois.
    Then Internationally, a Russian opposition politician is poisoned.
    Morning Ireland was brilliant this morning. I thank all the crew for their service.

"There is just so much going on."
    Ryan is flabbergasted but he's still gonna give everyone his expert opinion.
    His show is pointless. What is the point of this hour long show????
    Anyone know????

I am stupid Ryan. I am stupid because I haven't turned off the radio yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Ryan bending towards the people being 'cranky' for the eye being on lawmakers saying one thing and doing another.
    'We can't listen to too much negative noise', says Blessed Tubridy. <don't look in here so!>

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Get on with it....

People sweeping up their lives.

A golf event is infuriating

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the kids returning to school some kind of Covid experiment using children as guinea pigs?

Been listening to rte all morning SOR not mentioned once

Keep the show on the road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Let’s get those beautiful children back to school

Let's get those beautiful kids back to school...

What about the ugly ones? Do they not deserve an education? Feckin discrmination.

Lavender....beautiful and kind

• Advertisement

More quirky jewellery maker. I wonder where all this shyte is coming from?. His daughters maybe ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement