Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Free essential oils set heading Ryan's way!

Wow credit to an post they got the freebie to ryan in just 1 day.

3rd bespoke jewellery maker in 2 days. Is the countryside rural towns just full of hairdressers, chippers and bespoke jewelry makers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The altar of ryan tubridy

Hes a real sickener....

Heres €500,000....thats whats "GUBU"

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Democrat Party love in.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Democrat Party love in.

Majestic speech

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Hoooooooolllllllddddddddd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"Braveheart hold" again.

More quirky jewellery maker. I wonder where all this shyte is coming from?. His daughters maybe ??

Thought this yesterday. If u got a quirky jewelry gift from him you would know he didnt pay for it!

I know in my office when we get sent gifts we have to flag them and either return them or else they get raffled amongst the whole office. Is there any guidance in rte for gifts?

My ongoing search for an expenses paid trip to iceland continues

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Lavender....beautiful and kind

Not listening and can't listen at all at all today to Bryan or Mr. Duffy. Hope yisser all get GOLD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Nobody's mentioned SoR yet ;)

Like with the Allen’s, RTÉ don’t mention “the thing”.

About parents, schooling, learning, kids learn from everything.

RYAN

Our kids are FLOURISHING.

Must have missed this? Sor?

Must have missed this? Sor?

Sean O'Rourke was at the Golfing Event that led to Calleary's resignation. Waht about all the Senators and the other politicians that were there caller? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

About parents, schooling, learning, kids learn from everything.

RYAN

Our kids are FLOURISHING.

They’ll see their friends ALL THE TIME.

Well, no they won’t once everyone’s gone back to school and work.

Not listening and can't listen at all at all today to Bryan or Mr. Duffy. Hope yisser all get GOLD.

Not sure about gold but we got 3 Braveheart 'Holds'.

And the remaining 20 minutes was Covid preaching.

Sean O'Rourke was at the Golfing Event that led to Calleary's resignation. Waht about all the Senators and the other politicians that were there caller? :rolleyes:

Hes a private citizen now tho so not as bad? Irish times says there were other jurnnos (said in cockney green street hooligan accent) at it too. Who's the rat.

Hes a private citizen now tho so not as bad? Irish times says there were other jurnnos (said in cockney green street hooligan accent) at it too. Who's the rat.

I was sent a video showing the seating plan. I don't think I can post it here? Or can I?

Not sure about gold but we got 3 Braveheart 'Holds'.

And the remaining 20 minutes was Covid preaching.

What's the Braveheart Hold about? I missed that.

• Advertisement

What's the Braveheart Hold about? I missed that.

For some time now Tubridy's trademark streams of verbal diarrhea have incorporated the 'hold' quote from Braveheart.

It doesn't really make much sense a lot of the time. He's been doing it for ages but it's been worse in the last few days.

download.jpg

https://youtu.be/oxNtm9AbaFs

I was confusing it with 1.38 in this gladiator scene.

Duffy reminds me of the emperor in a way. Liveline naturally is the Colosseum where people battle for our entertainment. A simple thumbs up or down from from the emperor indicates if the caller dies (bad line) or lives (back after the break). The fights are often very one sided with a sensible caller gang up on untill they submit but the occasional wild animal gets through too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The hold quote is really apt for Leo and fg while ff strangle themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was sent a video showing the seating plan. I don't think I can post it here? Or can I?

You must, you must!

NIMAN wrote: »
    You must, you must!

Wasn’t able to post it, posted screengrabs of each table in the Lahv Lahn Thread instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

I see Shane Lynch from Boyzone accusing the "Toyman" of being an outright bully.

Kindness ??? :)

Uncharted wrote: »
    I see Shane Lynch from Boyzone accusing the "Toyman" of being an outright bully.

Kindness ??? :)

Oh? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Oh? Link?

On mobile here at the minute driving.

A quick Google search will throw it up Butters.

Boyzone’s Shane Lynch hits out at RTE’s Ryan Tubridy for ‘bullying’ his bandmates
    "RTE threw us under the bus and I have never spoken to Ryan Tubridy since"
    ByMegan Martin

Boyzone star Shane Lynch says he hasn’t spoken to Ryan Tubridy since a car crash interview on the Late Late Show which saw him explode at the host live on air for what he deems “bullying” behavior from RTE.

Shane said he and the rest of the band are haunted by an old clip of him, Keith Duffy, Stephen Gately, Mikey Graham and Ronan Keating freestyle dancing on the Late Late Show back in 1993.

The memorable moment, in which a couple of the lads are topless wearing denim dungarees, has been shown many times over the years, much to their dismay.

Shane explained that when he was asked to appear on the show in 2018, he agreed to do so under the condition that the broadcaster does not air the classic clip. However, during the late night interview with Ryan Tubridy, it once again appeared on screens, leading Shane to tell the host to “shove it up his hole”.

Shane told the Irish Sun: “I haven’t spoken to Ryan Tubridy since.

“RTE promised they wouldn’t show that clip. That it would be a positive interview but they threw us under a bus.

“Showing that clip was a massive bullying tactic in my eyes.

“You have to remember that at the time - we were young kids, only 17 years of age. We were vulnerable kids at the time. That wasn’t easy for us to come through.

“RTE showing that clip again was an attempt to squash us.

“They were trying to put us back in that position when we didn’t feel good about ourselves, where we were tormented.”

Shane said he received backlash from the public over his outburst, but his bandmates commended his bravery.

Shane explained: “When I did what I did, people said that was a disgrace and I let myself down but I feel the complete opposite, because I feel I stood up for myself.

“When we got back to the dressing room, the other guys told me they wished they’d had the b******s to do what I did.

“You see it’s harder for the other lads in Boyzone because they all have their own things going on in Ireland, and they stand up for certain communities and charities.

"I don’t have that because I live in the UK and I stand up for what I think is right.

“That night on the Late Late Show, I stood up against bullying.

“I never spoke to any of the producers or researchers afterwards. I said what needed to be said on the show.

"I have never spoken to Ryan Tubridy since. His ratings were great on the night and that show is about the ratings”.

Shane, you have done the state some service.:pac:

• Advertisement

BULLY:
    NINTCHDBPICT000515308163-e1567591104677.jpg

VICTIM:
    screenshot-www-rte-ie-2018-11-24-11-19-19-752x501.png

The incident:

Bryan: We see (bullying) as a bit of fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement