Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

Bryan: We see (bullying) as a bit of fun.

Be kind to one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Be kind to one another.

It's only bullying when others do it, not when Bryan does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

.... and we all like THAAAAAAT kind of thing.

Boyzone’s Shane Lynch hits out at RTE’s Ryan Tubridy for ‘bullying’ his bandmates
    "RTE threw us under the bus and I have never spoken to Ryan Tubridy since"
    ByMegan Martin

Boyzone star Shane Lynch says he hasn’t spoken to Ryan Tubridy since a car crash interview on the Late Late Show which saw him explode at the host live on air for what he deems “bullying” behavior from RTE.

Shane said he and the rest of the band are haunted by an old clip of him, Keith Duffy, Stephen Gately, Mikey Graham and Ronan Keating freestyle dancing on the Late Late Show back in 1993.

The memorable moment, in which a couple of the lads are topless wearing denim dungarees, has been shown many times over the years, much to their dismay.

Shane explained that when he was asked to appear on the show in 2018, he agreed to do so under the condition that the broadcaster does not air the classic clip. However, during the late night interview with Ryan Tubridy, it once again appeared on screens, leading Shane to tell the host to “shove it up his hole”.

Shane told the Irish Sun: “I haven’t spoken to Ryan Tubridy since.

“RTE promised they wouldn’t show that clip. That it would be a positive interview but they threw us under a bus.

“Showing that clip was a massive bullying tactic in my eyes.

“You have to remember that at the time - we were young kids, only 17 years of age. We were vulnerable kids at the time. That wasn’t easy for us to come through.

“RTE showing that clip again was an attempt to squash us.

“They were trying to put us back in that position when we didn’t feel good about ourselves, where we were tormented.”

Shane said he received backlash from the public over his outburst, but his bandmates commended his bravery.

Shane explained: “When I did what I did, people said that was a disgrace and I let myself down but I feel the complete opposite, because I feel I stood up for myself.

“When we got back to the dressing room, the other guys told me they wished they’d had the b******s to do what I did.

“You see it’s harder for the other lads in Boyzone because they all have their own things going on in Ireland, and they stand up for certain communities and charities.

"I don’t have that because I live in the UK and I stand up for what I think is right.

“That night on the Late Late Show, I stood up against bullying.

“I never spoke to any of the producers or researchers afterwards. I said what needed to be said on the show.

"I have never spoken to Ryan Tubridy since. His ratings were great on the night and that show is about the ratings”.

Shane, you have done the state some service.:pac:

Maybe Shane is amongst us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

So, Bryan, how do you respond to Shane Lynch's comments about your tactics as Late Late host?

headinsand.jpg

• Advertisement

It will be amusing if he addresses this on Monday.

He'll probably go on about "some people are troubled by a lack of sense of humour".

He might sneak some snarky comment into his trademark, scutter-stream opening monologue

"there's fun and there's enjoyment and there's messing and there's acting the maggot... and then there's bullying. And they're different things. So before you go getting mixed up about it just HOOOLD'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

In fairness Shane Lynch takes himself far far too seriously... Hes a lucky man Boyzone entered his life, otherwise he'd probably be a warehouse manager somewhere (a fine job btw)

Don't know if I posted this here before, but somebody I know, who knows the Tubridy family so to speak, told me that they were close friends of the the Kennedy dynasty. That somebody I know has a radio presenter (now in UK) in the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Shane Lynch not in the Noel Kelly mafia. For play to him, hed go through the toyman (bullyman) for a shortcut.

BULLY:
    NINTCHDBPICT000515308163-e1567591104677.jpg

VICTIM:
    screenshot-www-rte-ie-2018-11-24-11-19-19-752x501.png

The incident:

Bryan: We see (bullying) as a bit of fun.

Great format. We need this for the bald guy he took at dig at, and the guy 'with the nose'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

He’ll have to change his hooooold. To hooooooole.

In fairness Shane Lynch takes himself far far too seriously... Hes a lucky man Boyzone entered his life, otherwise he'd probably be a warehouse manager somewhere (a fine job btw)

Warehouse manager. I’d reckon the joy.

Think he was heading down the mechanic route pre boyzone days.

Think he was heading down the mechanic route pre boyzone days.

He's a racing/rallye car driver/mechanic/enthusiast. Has his own non-entertainment niche.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Baaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa.

Thanks Butters,I needed that.

He's a fairly amusing brand of plonker IMO.

In that Late Late episode he showed up half way through the song and just jumped in.

Thinks he's rock n roll.

isn't he also really religious? One of these born again lads.

He's a fairly amusing brand of plonker IMO.

In that Late Late episode he showed up half way through the song and just jumped in.

Thinks he's rock n roll.

isn't he also really religious? One of these born again lads.

Tubridy is it?

Nah I meant Lynch.

• Advertisement

Don't know if I posted this here before, but somebody I know, who knows the Tubridy family so to speak, told me that they were close friends of the the Kennedy dynasty. That somebody I know has a radio presenter (now in UK) in the family.

Would that be the lovely Mary Kennedy? :D

Would that be the lovely Mary Kennedy? :D

Nope, in de Bee Bee See, so to speak.

Let's all keep calm and start a painting (great therapy)...

I may have de artistic streak buried within, but I'm a bit clumsy, so to speak, with the photoshop; so one may expect uncanny hybrids. Here, I reckon, might possibly be de bastard child of a Duffy, Tubridy and McDonald.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Nah I meant Lynch.

Would be funny it was tubs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Big big big big money in warehouse management

• Registered Users Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭elperello

This story is a bit like the "feud" between Johnny Logan and Dickie Rock.

Only winners are the red tops.

elperello wrote: »
    This story is a bit like the "feud" between Johnny Logan and Dickie Rock.

Only winners are the red tops.

So Shane Lynch's claims are dismissed because....he's Shane Lynch? The act of bullying is not what is intended by the bully, it's how the bullied person feels. OS it's all very well for Captain Kindness to say "it's all a bit of fun", but it's not the first time he's been shown up like this.

Lynch says in the piece they were told the clip would not be played. If that is true, it is incredibly unprofessional at the very least of RTE to play it.

Big big big big money in warehouse management

Esp. if you're storing E Voting Machines.

• Advertisement

Esp. if you're storing E Voting Machines.

Or cocaine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement