Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

So Shane Lynch's claims are dismissed because....he's Shane Lynch? The act of bullying is not what is intended by the bully, it's how the bullied person feels. OS it's all very well for Captain Kindness to say "it's all a bit of fun", but it's not the first time he's been shown up like this.

Lynch says in the piece they were told the clip would not be played. If that is true, it is incredibly unprofessional at the very least of RTE to play it.

I really want to see Captain Kindness discuss this tomorrow. Can we organise a mass texting asking him to address it? 51551.

Would love to hear him eat plain cake humle pie live on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I'm in.

Can’t listen. Will try and get in later but don’t forget to text in asking him to comment on Shane Lynch’s accusations of bullying!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Watched his first match in ages at weekend (leinster rugby)
    Forgets batman movies as soon as he steps outside the cinema
    Political anoraks like him are interested in republican convention
    So far no comment re the bullying of shane lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Watched his first match in ages at weekend (leinster rugby)
    Forgets batman movies as soon as he steps outside the cinema
    Political anoraks like him are interested in republican convention
    So far no comment re the bullying of shane lynch.

The rugby match was poignant;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If we all keep the head we'll win this one.

Music on now. Looks like he must have missed the lynch story with all the matches (radio or tv?) and movies (cant remember the actors names or what it was called). Interview with a cult member next so I'm going to bail out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Snobbery towards Cool Running this morning. Oh yeah of course, because it isn't based on a BOOK he isn't interested I suppose. But it is based on an Olympic story that has a lovely message behind all the laughs. A message of kindness actually!!

boarddotie wrote: »
    Snobbery towards Cool Running this morning. Oh yeah of course, because it isn't based on a BOOK he isn't interested I suppose. But it is based on an Olympic story that has a lovely message behind all the laughs. A message of kindness actually!!

Maybe coz its obliquely related to sport.

Hel end up watching it now and wel have a cool running themed toy show and relentless quotes and requests for free trips to Jamaica!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just turned on a few minutes ago. What's his problem with Cool Running? Is it not kind enough to black Jamaicans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,757 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tubridy thinks that not being interested in sport makes one nerdy and cultured and intellectual; he really is that shallow..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Is there any way we could get onto Drew Harris to dig up some dirt on Tubridy...

Get the 'outraged' after him...

Now there is someone id love to see hounded out of RTE....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just turned on a few minutes ago. What's his problem with Cool Running? Is it not kind enough to black Jamaicans?

There was some list of top Disney songs and cool running song was on it

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

PieOhMy wrote: »
    There was some list of top Disney songs and cool running song was on it

Yes! One song was something along the lines of "Rise above it". The bobsledders needed to rise above all the nasty remarks from the establishment (i.e. the sled judges and the East Germans!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Welcome to the family Claire.

(Cue godfather music)

Once again I couldn't get to sleep last night, got up this morning and fell back asleep on the couch with cold tea beside me. In that drowsing I had another dream/nightmare to accompany Ryan on the radio. I witnessed a Pilates PC12 aircraft being handled by an 8 year old boy at the controls, with a real pilot behind him telling him what to do. I was located in a crazy office somewhere in Marino/Clontarf and watched as the boy proceeded to take-off on the Clontarf seafront road in the middle of traffic. I was astounded.

I said I was going to report what I had seen, but seniors in the office suggested it wouldn't be in my interest to do so. One of them was Ryan Tubridy, who part-owner the airline, the other was Phil Hogan who was the pilot who allowed that to happen. Phil then offered me a go, myself, at flying the aircraft, and though extremely tempted, I refused on principal that I had no training on the the model.

Inspirations for my dream were recent scandal, the fact I had stayed in Station House recently along with the persuasive manner of the manager there, the parachute club air tragedy (although there is no suggestion in the AAIU report that the child was on the controls at impact, in fact he had hands out in front of him as an instinctive protective reaction, but that he shouldn't have occupied that seat), my fascination with flying, and Ryan's voice going on in the background. I calculated that the dream lasted about 4 minutes but seemed to me to span a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Welcome to the family Claire.

(Cue godfather music)

What a complete c@nt tubridy is

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She was already part of ' the family'.

An rte lifer.

I text the show re. Lynch but can see from the comments it wasn't covered. Did anyone else?

I got in touch. There was no way they were gonna address Lynch on air though

Had to laugh when he was going on about listening to rugby match with pre-recorded crowd sounds. He said he chose to believe the lie.

Of course you did Tubbo, sure isn't that your specialty!

• Advertisement

I got in touch. There was no way they were gonna address Lynch on air though

Had to laugh when he was going on about listening to rugby match with pre-recorded crowd sounds. He said he chose to believe the lie.

Of course you did Tubbo, sure isn't that your specialty!

I'd say there's a far greater chance of Bryan eating a rugby ball then voluntarily sitting down to watch the chaps running about chasing the oval pigskin.

The rugby match was poignant;)

Ah f*ck off. He didn't really say that, did he?

I text the show re. Lynch but can see from the comments it wasn't covered. Did anyone else?

Yep, texted in. Will never be addressed by Tubridy, he doesn't do humble pie. Brendan O'Connor, to give him his due, would much more likely issue a well-intentioned apology over something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

boarddotie wrote: »
    Yes! One song was something along the lines of "Rise above it". The bobsledders needed to rise above all the nasty remarks from the establishment (i.e. the sled judges and the East Germans!)

i pictured tubs and team in the studio in blackface during the cool runnings segment

Another one from the king of kindness today:

Keira Knightley looks weird when she cries.

He was watching one of her films and urging her not to shed tears on screen because it makes her look so unappealing to him.

Just as well he's got such damn good features himself otherwise he'd look like an awful moron passing all these remarks about people's appearances.

4cj1tj.jpg

He was watching one of her films and urging her not to shed tears on screen because it makes her look so unappealing to him.

Just as well he's got such damn good features himself otherwise he'd look like an awful moron passing all these remarks about people's appearances.

He’s on a roll. I might have to change the nickname I bestowed upon him from Captain Kindness to Captain Unkindness if he continues this.

BREAKING:

Keira Knightly opens up about bullying and body/face shaming from some Irish radio host that no-one outside of Ireland has heard of.

He really is a charlatan, it’s quite remarkable that he preaches kindness and practices the exact opposite. And gets away with it.

• Advertisement

The reformation of boyzone on the late late show was on reeling in the years just now. Just aswell it wasnt the original clip if shane lynch wasnt watching on a visit home!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement