Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Once again I couldn't get to sleep last night, got up this morning and fell back asleep on the couch with cold tea beside me. In that drowsing I had another dream/nightmare to accompany Ryan on the radio. I witnessed a Pilates PC12 aircraft being handled by an 8 year old boy at the controls, with a real pilot behind him telling him what to do. I was located in a crazy office somewhere in Marino/Clontarf and watched as the boy proceeded to take-off on the Clontarf seafront road in the middle of traffic. I was astounded.

I said I was going to report what I had seen, but seniors in the office suggested it wouldn't be in my interest to do so. One of them was Ryan Tubridy, who part-owner the airline, the other was Phil Hogan who was the pilot who allowed that to happen. Phil then offered me a go, myself, at flying the aircraft, and though extremely tempted, I refused on principal that I had no training on the the model.

Inspirations for my dream were recent scandal, the fact I had stayed in Station House recently along with the persuasive manner of the manager there, the parachute club air tragedy (although there is no suggestion in the AAIU report that the child was on the controls at impact, in fact he had hands out in front of him as an instinctive protective reaction, but that he shouldn't have occupied that seat), my fascination with flying, and Ryan's voice going on in the background. I calculated that the dream lasted about 4 minutes but seemed to me to span a day.

Talk to Joe, with you're stories and Duffy's scribing skillz ye will come up with a best seller. You'd never know Cat Stephen Spielberg may even want to turn it into a fulm. NK. will be banging down your door begging you to come into his stable :)

Ah f*ck off. He didn't really say that, did he?

He did. He was referring to the canned crowd noise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

PieOhMy wrote: »
    The reformation of boyzone on the late late show was on reeling in the years just now. Just aswell it wasnt the original clip if shane lynch wasnt watching on a visit home!

It really grinds my gears how RTÉ without fail ALWAYS play that boyzone dancing clip any time anyone involved with them is on air

It’s boring stale and flogging a long dead horse trying to pretend that clip is still funny. It was NEVER funny

Talk to Joe, with you're stories and Duffy's scribing skillz ye will come up with a best seller. You'd never know Cat Stephen Spielberg may even want to turn it into a fulm. NK. will be banging down your door begging you to come into his stable :)

I'm hoping NK will cop what he's missing out on :D
    Could do with the pocket money :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

It really grinds my gears how RTÉ without fail ALWAYS play that boyzone dancing clip any time anyone involved with them is on air

If I was them I would have brought a 65 inch screen with this clip on it.

Then he'd back the f**k off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

If I was them I would have brought a 65 inch screen with this clip on it.

Then he'd back the f**k off.

Looked for the “Dainty Little Bugger” clip but couldn’t find it. Rhys Ifans, thank you for your service.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Good people at work doing good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Kindness klaxon. 09:08.

Kindness x 6 in the space of a minute.
    He wrote this email himself.

Former LLS guest in the papers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Maura Higgins clothes won’t keep people warm.
    What I saw her wearing on love island anyway.

• Advertisement

Kildare Bookshops. Support our friends across the border.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Kildare Bookshops. Support our friends across the border.

Ah, that's where Phil was going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Isn't Anthony Horowitz a childrens author?

The fire service are kind.

sligojoek wrote: »
    The fire service are kind.

I wonder how much she got out of that car park accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I visited the kind ambulance men.

I asked loads of questions. It was like a school tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Delicious. Describing anything other than food as 'delicious', is just wrong.
    "A delicious book".
    Did you eat it?

Oh yes, and I cant stop hearing the overemphasized "THAT"

I reckon he does eat books.

Why doesn’t he announce that he is closed for business at the end of the show. Like he announced 40mins previous that he was open for business.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    "A delicious book".
    Did you eat it?

Oh yes, and I cant stop hearing the overemphasized "THAT"

I'm sorry for bringing THAT to everyone's attention! :pac:

Couldn't listen this morning. I assume Shane Lynch and the topic of bullying were given a wide berth?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Isn't Anthony Horowitz a childrens author?

He does both adult and children's fiction.

Not my sort of thing but he is highly regarded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

elperello wrote: »
    He does both adult and children's fiction.

Not my sort of thing but he is highly regarded.

Which was the one Tubs recommended, adult or child?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Which was the one Tubs recommended, adult or child?

Didn't catch it, sorry.

Does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I thought he messed up his own analogy about covid triggers by including the school hub which he said was lovely and kind

THEN IT’S NOT A F**ING TRIGGER TUBRIDAAAAAY

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’d like Cuba gooding jnr comes over again after his metoo case

Go on do the show me the money dance go on

Found it:

15:25 on "DAINTY LITTLE BUGGER". There's a bit earlier, circa 14:50 where he comments on Bryan's "dainty little foot" too.

The last few minutes are a complete car crash. Bryan trying to be down wit the Kool Kidz and failing miserably.

The whole thing is worth a watch if you have time.

Bryan's facial expression in the attached file sums up the whole interview tbh. Completely ou of his comfort zone and #totesawks

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    "A delicious book".
    Did you eat it?

The first time I heard him using delicious inappropriately it was to describe a fire. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

There were two delicious donkeys at one stage as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    There were two delicious donkeys at one stage as well.

Are you sure it wasn't two delicious asses which he couldn't resist the urge to lick that he was referring to on that occasion ??

Are you sure it wasn't two delicious asses which he couldn't resist the urge to lick that he was referring to on that occasion ??

Oh, thanks for that, just about to have dins, might put it back half an hour and distract myself :eek:

• Advertisement

Rambling waffling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement