Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Cummings as a man o de peeple ,is a complete spoof...bit like yourself and Duffy ryan !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

"Hes a big guy - just the right side of obese" - so kind to boris Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A free weekend for Bryan in Ashford Castle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

A charity boxing match for front line workers.
    Between Ryan and Shane Lynch.
    12 rounds.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    A charity boxing match for front line workers.
    Between Ryan and Shane Lynch.
    12 rounds.

12 ;)

• Advertisement

15mins and no mention of a book. Maybe we have turned a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Jiminy jillickers

I see the toy man is on the RTÉ app hinting about songs he will be performing on the toy show

PieOhMy wrote: »
    15mins and no mention of a book. Maybe we have turned a corner.

Page caller...turned a page :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I can picture him in his house talking to himself in those stoopid american accents he does. The man is obsessed with US presidents and books.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I can picture him in his house talking to himself in those stoopid american accents he does. The man is obsessed with US presidents and books.

It’s a way of filling space on his shows with minimal effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Gwynplaine wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5823136/rte-ryan-tubridy-late-late-toy-show-chosen-opening-delicious/?utm_source=pushly

TOY TEASER RTE’s Ryan Tubridy reveals theme for Late Late Toy Show already chosen and teases opening will be ‘delicious’

RTE'S Ryan Tubridy has revealed that the theme for this year's Late Late Toy Show has already been chosen and teased a "delicious" opening.

The presenter told how he has tried on his costume for the highly anticipated musical performance at the beginning of the Christmas special.

Ryan Tubridy teased that this year's Toy Show theme has already been picked
    He revealed that the opening will be 'delicious'

He reassured fans that the Toy Show will go ahead with Covid measures in place.

He said on his RTE radio 1 show this morning: "I had my first costume check with Bridgette and Stacey over in the costume department for the Toy Show.

"Because we've got the character decided upon, we're ahead of ourselves.

"People were concerned is it going to happen, not only is it happening, the costume check went really well.

LATE LATE CHANGES
    "The character's good, the opening is going to be delicious and different.

"We've been having meetings about how do we have a really careful, Covid conscious opener and full Toy Show."

Ryan will be returning to screens on Friday evenings with the Late Late Show very soon but admitted the "landscape" is very different this year.

He said: "Nice to see in the papers this morning Maura Higgins who you'll know of Love Island.

"She was one of the first guests on the first show back of the Late Late Show.

"Our first show back and we were reflecting on what a different landscape it is - there's no Love Island, no Irish people in Love Island to talk to.

"It's just a very strange place to be but we're on it. We're very excited about coming back."

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294d9a92e793d39cf4bf1488364f8fcf0d18f04d51&rid=giphy.gif

https://youtu.be/iaHBuzZoYKQ

What “Kindness”, and a few other very worthy traits, actually looks like - and what it doesn’t

I’ll admit I’m a big fan of Jacinda Ardern, because her sincerity, personality and her world view shine through in this.

No, I’m not going to comment on Ryan - or the Donald!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294d9a92e793d39cf4bf1488364f8fcf0d18f04d51&rid=giphy.gif

That emanates from a very unfortunate area.....

That emanates from a very unfortunate area.....

I assume that was deliberate.....

I assume that was deliberate.....

Ah, silly me. :p

A gorgeous cup of tea and a packet of fig rolls.
    Bukes.
    RTÉ backslapping and circle-jerking.
    How can we make Amy Huberman richer through crap content?
    “Beautiful picture of me”
    Late Late Show - what is going to happen? Who cares? I’m out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,636 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nice to see Maura Higgins in the paper?

We all know the very educated Tubs would have no interest in such a low brow show as Love Island, yet it's great and Maura is a great girl when she is filler for his show which can't get any real celebs on any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

A gorgeous cup of tea and a packet of fig rolls.
    Bukes.
    RTÉ backslapping and circle-jerking.
    How can we make Amy Huberman richer through crap content?
    “Beautiful picture of me”
    Late Late Show - what is going to happen? Who cares? I’m out.

Think that cup of tea might have actually been 'glorious' :(

A covid-friendly book. What the fúck is that exactly? Such absolute nonsense.

And then,

"we're just one big KRAYZEE family here in the madhouse of Montrose. Out of our cages to promote autumn season. Wait til you see the craic we have with each other. We're just gas altogether"

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Nice to see Maura Higgins in the paper?

We all know the very educated Tubs would have no interest in such a low brow show as Love Island, yet it's great and Maura is a great girl when she is filler for his show which can't get any real celebs on any more.

And she can say some Twitter friendly soundbite that they can use in ads and promotions and show him laughing and slapping the desk with his hands coz it realy is tremendous banter.

Think that cup of tea might have actually been 'glorious' :(

Upon recollection I think you are correct. He interchanges his limited set of radio-friendly adjectives so frequently it’s hard to keep up.

Strangely it wasn’t a “delicious” cup of tea - the only one of the interchangeables that would actually be appropriate. Intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭hawley

https://goss.ie/featured/ryan-tubridy-responds-to-shane-lynchs-bullying-claims-221140

"He’s a lovely fella" he added.

When asked whether he would play the clip of Boyzone in future, Ryan responded: “If Shane is triggered by it, it’s something we’d have to surely discuss with him in advance because I wouldn’t want him to be upset by seeing himself as a young man auditioning on The Late Late Show.”

hawley wrote: »
    https://goss.ie/featured/ryan-tubridy-responds-to-shane-lynchs-bullying-claims-221140

"He’s a lovely fella" he added.

When asked whether he would play the clip of Boyzone in future, Ryan responded: “If Shane is triggered by it, it’s something we’d have to surely discuss with him in advance because I wouldn’t want him to be upset by seeing himself as a young man auditioning on The Late Late Show.”

Nice victim blaming AND an “apology” from the Phil Hogan School of Apologies.

Classless. He could have apologized properly, admitted it was wrong, and promised never to play it again. Instead he attempts to put it all at Lynch’s door - “if he is triggered by it”. An arrogant reply from an arrogant and deluded, entitled, and tolerated twit.

"he's a lovely fella and he's good craic...but I don't know him and only ever met him briefly" (what?!).

"If he was triggered..." = he thinks Lynch is too sensitive.

"It's played every time they're on TV" = it doesn't matter if Lynch was told the clip wouldn't be played. He should have known it was going to be played.

Tubridy hasn't got the gonads to come out and say what he means. Prancing around the subject like the dainty little bugger he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

"he's a lovely fella and he's good craic...but I don't know him and only ever met him briefly" (what?!).

"It's played every time they're on TV" = it doesn't matter if Lynch was told the clip wouldn't be played. He should have known it was going to be played.

Tubridy hasn't got the gonads to come out and say what he means. Prancing around the subject like the dainty little bugger he is.

Lynch comes out of this kerfuffle as a class A cnunt in most peoples opinion...........

.....and mine .

“I’m sorry you were upset Shane”, not “I’m sorry I upset you”.

Lynch comes out of this kerfuffle as a class A cnunt in most peoples opinion...........

.....and mine .

I’m no fan of Lynch’s, but he comes out of this looking far better than Tubridy.

.....and mine .

It's no secret that Lynch is a Grade 'A' plonker.

• Advertisement

It's no secret that Lynch is a Grade 'A' plonker.

He is, but he’s not the one constantly preaching kindness, and a kindness he fails to live up to himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement