Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Why do we need to hear he or any RTE head has visited any dying person, except maybe years later in a different context? The late Emma is high profile enough without what comes across as self-promo by any media person. I don’t doubt that Ryan is sincere, but it is better that media people keep their own personal profiles detached from the final sufferings of individuals, however high-profile they themselves intended to be.

Yes.
    When I heard about his visit at the back of my mind was that he was getting involved in something that it was better he stayed clear of. Maybe a bit of self promotion thrown in too. He's not the nation's conscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

More grandstanding from Tubridy.

https://extra.ie/2018/10/14/news/irish-news/emma-mhic-mhathunas-kids

Can this stuff not be done in private?

wouldnt put it past him to announce this on the toy show itself to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

If there was ever a reason not to listen to a radio programme, it has to be Derek Mooney. Jesus he's bad.

wouldnt put it past him to announce this on the toy show itself to be honest.

If he were to do the decent thing by them he would simply invite them to see the set & be in the studio, to take home some toys etc, without shining a spotlight on them. But no doubt he won’t do the decent thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Hard work being in London so Ryan needed a day off today!!!

• Advertisement

If he were to do the decent thing by them he would simply invite them to see the set & be in the studio, to take home some toys etc, without shining a spotlight on them.

My thoughts exactly
    But no doubt he won’t do the decent thing.

I have a feeling even RTE won't be stupid enough to think that it's a good idea. Unfortunately, however, it wont surprise me if I'm wrong and Tubridy starts trying to "tactfully" skirt around the death issue with them while playing his "i really identify with kids" card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Well when I heard Mooney on yesterday, it was straight for the channel switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I haven't heard him for a while.
    the London show.. the toy show. His new kids book. Woke stuff. Acting the maggot.

Rinse and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 72,630 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan gets the deaths of Michael Caine’s parents out of the way early.

:rolleyes:

Ryan gets the deaths of Michael Caine’s parents out of the way early.

:rolleyes:

I thought something was wrong, it was 15 minutes before he mentioned a book this morning.

• Advertisement

Ryan doesn't think you should have a big television in your sitting room. He says there are other things you can put in your sitting room, like BOOK SHELVES.

Reminded me of Ron Burgundy coming out with, "I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany" .

What a pompous person he is.

Now, here's Cecelia f*cking Ahern to talk about her book about feminism.

And a TRUMP mention in for good measure.

This is one boring show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I think Tubs must be a woman along with the girlfriend Darcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

HOT TAKE ALERT!!

Underdogs books kids history the famine
    He's going for the full house today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

sligojoek wrote: »
    Underdogs books kids history the famine
    He's going for the full house today

You forgot the Clintons. Still 40 minutes to go though.

Why doesn't he do a self indulgent book hour that's broadcast on a Saturday morning?

I'd have no problem with that. I read a good bit myself but I don't annoy the sh1te out of my friends about it

Someone text in this morning to compliment him on his music choices!!!!

FFS Girls aloud!!!!!!

Someone text in this morning to compliment him on his music choices!!!!

FFS Girls aloud!!!!!!

He claims to be a fan of real music. His 'love of the Beatles' is one of the things that he likes to constantly remind people about.

Nonetheless, he plays Westlife and other manufactored X-Factor type sh*te most mornings.

He claims to be a fan of real music. His 'love of the Beatles' is one of the things that he likes to constantly remind people about.

Nonetheless, he plays Westlife and other manufactored X-Factor type sh*te most mornings.

Which is a start contrast when Dave Fanning is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,489 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'd have no problem with that. I read a good bit myself but I don't annoy the sh1te out of my friends about it

Neither does Tubs, seems he annoys his listeners.

• Advertisement

Jesus, does Trump have to be brought into every interview?

"Echo chamber stuff". You'd know all about that Ryan.

"It's kind of a bookish morning on the show this morning, so ANYTHING GOES!"

(except anything that's not books)

(I love how he tries to put the topic of books across as a special Friday treat!!):D:D:D:D

5 mins before a Trunp story and 10 mins before a book story!!
    Gave out 2fm text number too.

9.30 and he's back to Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭applehunter

"Will you run for the White House?",

I hope Tubridy will give equal fawning questions to creators of the movie about Kermitt Gosnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭applehunter

This was a post 8th referendum interview.

A few months ago Tubridy would have dutivily acknowledged the actual constitutional provision and the majority of the population against abortion.

Now he can freewheel ; progressive politics on the rise, removing the "stigma" of abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

A new set of rules for how people should write letters to him. The man is delusional.

So basically if you’re nice to Tubbs he will be nice.

But if you in any way criticize him you will be blocked!!

Dictatorships have started like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

*Sound of everybody's printer NOT printing out thejournal.ie's guide to the American midterms*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,630 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Do you have your opinion on Trump ready, Stephen?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement