Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Nobody stays in to watch tv on a friday night ryan

Tubridy would have more in common with the landed gentry landlords rather than the victims of the famine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He's looking forward to going on the famine walk ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

He's looking forward to going on the famine walk ;)
    He'll finally be with his people.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Cat?

I must put in an effort to cartoonise him some time, but the chap is a virtual caricature of himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,756 ✭✭✭✭walshb

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Tubridy would have more in common with the landed gentry landlords rather than the victims of the famine.

Jaysus, don’t let him know that...he’d wet himself..

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Nobody stays in to watch tv on a friday night ryan

Unfortunately there's less opportunity to do otherwise now :(

Answering his own stupid questions,in an even stupider voice. Thinks he's Gaybo or Marty, although they get away with it.

walshb wrote: »
    “As you’re such an avid reader.”

I really want to thump this shallow pretentious knob...

As a retired library staffer I am always rather disgusted how he gives minimal mention of the FREE public libraries service. He's only about promoting the booksellers industry, must have some personal connection with it. Don't think he ever darkens the door of a library. To give him his due in this respect, Joe Duffy IS actually a frequent library user and has always appreciated the service.

Don’t worry about the Leaving Cert after it?

Nobody ever asks about it?

No, it just appears on pretty much any job app form you’ll ever fill in

And if not specifically mentioned, education results/achievements will be..

This guy is an absolute flute..

• Advertisement

Dont worry about the leaving cert***

*** it you have a family connection with rte you dont have to worry is what he means

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Not sure what jobs you go for but I never once encountered anyone asking about my leaving once they saw I had a college qualification/professional qualification

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You're like a book doctor.

You're like a book doctor.

And he's the Toy Doctor

jay0109 wrote: »
    Not sure what jobs you go for but I never once encountered anyone asking about my leaving once they saw I had a college qualification/professional qualification

Plenty applications will mention LC, and as I said, if the don’t they will ask about educational results..

LC is the foundation..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Must be a record today for the amount of times the word "book" is used. "Books books books books books books books books"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Now for some ridiculous music"......what an absolute c#nt......

"So many texts so little time"

500k well earned.....absolute sickener

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Oh would you stop that hysterical laugh, what are you on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"Now for some ridiculous music"......what an absolute c#nt......

"So many texts so little time"

500k well earned.....absolute sickener

That's up there with his trademark opening lines:

"We have an absolutely hectic show ahead of us today. Jam-packed with intriguing stuff. There's so much to get through, so let's hurtle on"

This is inevitably followed by 30 mins of inane waffle, a couple of songs and various ad breaks (two of which may occur in the last 10 minutes of the programme)

Only heard a few mins this morning but caught the bit where he said a load of people sent him in glasses cases after he was "wondering where to buy them".

Is it a self-esteem thing? i.e. the more scented candles he gets sent each week, the more admired he feels?

I'd say those glasses cases will be heading directly for the nearest bosca bruscair

• Advertisement

Only heard a few mins this morning but caught the bit where he said a load of people sent him in glasses cases after he was "wondering where to buy them".

Is it a self-esteem thing? i.e. the more scented candles he gets sent each week, the more admired he feels?

I'd say those glasses cases will be heading directly for the nearest bosca bruscair

Forgot to include glasses cases and trips on the navy ship on the freebie list yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

As a retired library staffer I am always rather disgusted how he gives minimal mention of the FREE public libraries service. He's only about promoting the booksellers industry, must have some personal connection with it. Don't think he ever darkens the door of a library. To give him his due in this respect, Joe Duffy IS actually a frequent library user and has always appreciated the service.

If he did venture into a public library, he would have to mix with the “hoi Poloi”

If he did venture into a public library, he would have to mix with the “hoi Poloi”

He talks about libraries sometimes but no doubt it's all hot air.

A man whose desk is constantly adorned by stacks of free novels surely has no need to be sharing dog-eared books with the Great Unwashed.

If he did venture into a library, it would be somewhere like Marsh's or Trinity. The whole place would have to be closed down for the day so he could prance around expressing his loves for gorgeous leather-bound pages (which he doesn't read incidentally).

A little old librarian woman would need to be at hand to provide a hand-held guided tour. She would be informed that Tubridy likes plain cake and/or brack with his tea. Preferably she should have some connection to Charles Stewart Parnell (an ex maid of his maybe? edit: clearly an ex maid is impossible - but some descendant would do the trick!).

In other words, he won't be popping down to Tallaght Library to use the internet any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

118942126_3314883915233393_3829053220610663421_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=RZa12a8GJMAAX_ckwW0&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=6&oh=42da5282796338aac90860042729ee6a&oe=5F7CE794

118942126_3314883915233393_3829053220610663421_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=RZa12a8GJMAAX_ckwW0&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=6&oh=42da5282796338aac90860042729ee6a&oe=5F7CE794

What genuine bookworms/lovers do is not constantly ram it down people's throats that they read..

Just like his self professing himself as a nerd. Actual nerds don't even know they are nerds....they just are, and they don't give a flying fiddlers if they know, or others know...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭StevenToast

What genuine bookworms/lovers do is not constantly ram it down people's throats that they read..

Just like his self professing himself as a nerd. Actual nerds don't even know they are nerds....they just are, and they don't give a flying fiddlers if they know, or others know...

Top class analysis of the dainty little bugger

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The book thing is his “gimmick”. It fills air time with little effort on his part

Oh would you stop that hysterical laugh, what are you on.

;););)

I’m just wondering if I’ve lost the plot and can’t find the thread for this week’s Late Late. Or is everyone so fed up with it, there’s a game of who blinks first to start such a thread, or is it that we’ve all succumbed to ennui?

He’s actually got a half decent line up (as things go and in my opinion, anyway). I nearly said they look intriguing.

So what’s going on? Have we been so inoculated by the plugs and the forthcoming 3 month build up to the Toy Show that we have lost the will to live??

• Advertisement

was wondering the same!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement