Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I have to say I enjoyed his covering up getting annoyed at that dope on his quiz there!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Just in case anyone missed today's sermon:

We are to have a boutique Christmas.

This means having about 6 parties in the run up to Christmas to see all family members in a 'covid-friendly' way.

Also, for some reason using old style tree decorations will also help us beat COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

I hate these kinds of quizzes where the person can get the questions wrong and they still win.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Back briefly.

We also had a delicious book again. I can honestly say I've never met someone who claims to read so much display such a limited vocabulary and apply adjectives as incorrectly and inappropriately as The Boyman* does.

*(c) me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭StevenToast

This means having about 6 parties in the run up to Christmas to see all family members in a 'covid-friendly' way.

Also, for some reason using old style tree decorations will also help us beat COVID.

Thanks for that summary from Fr. Tubridy...

Im all for being careful about covid....

But this dainty little bugger preaching makes me want to break all the restrictions...

Talentless, overpaid hypocrite....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement

Back briefly.

We also had a delicious book again. I can honestly say I've never met someone who claims to read so much display such a limited vocabulary and apply adjectives as incorrectly and inappropriately as The Boyman* does.

*(c) me.

Welcome back Butters. Was starting to think that Tubridy had gotten the better of you and you'd given up posting.

You won't believe this but the Boyman title occurred to me when he said it this morning! (not trying to challenge your copyright or anything :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I'll go mad if I have to use last year's decorations..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Back briefly.

*(c) me.

"Don't look back, you can never look back"

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Why such a big fooking deal about Christmas? I know exactly what I'm doing, and not making a stupid song and dance about it. I live alone, excepting the cat. I would be going to my cousins for Christmas, but I have simply made up my mind not to as there are vulnerable people in the households, don't want to be an unnecessary spreader, but want to be part of society that copes & tries to do the right thing for where we are. Actually I am booked on a Caribbean cruise, but will have to forego that. Instead, to make Christmas novel and distinctly interesting for myself I've booked a luxury lodge with own hot tub, sauna etc at Center Parcs, Longford. Unless of course, I'm locked-down in Dublin.

amlinopta wrote: »
    Children of Ireland, Covid does not effect Santa Claus. FFS

Did he really say that, lol? All de little chiselers of Oireland gathered around de wireless listening to Tubridy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I am getting heartily pissed off with MrTubridy.

Talking about sitting down in front of the Telly and taking out a selection box.!!!!

FFS is the lad living in the 1940s.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I'll go mad if I have to use last year's decorations..

Good you have such a focus on the important things Dude .

I admire that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Given the current economic situation, I find all the talk of the Toy Show really in bad taste and demonstrative of the fact that the man lives in a completely disconnected, cosseted world from the public. The country is even broker than it was last year, so there should be no money set aside to accommodate the self-indulgences of The Boyman*. I think it would be more appropriate to do a remake of It's A Wonderful Life, where Bill Bailey DOES throw himself off the bridge because he loses his job, the Angel dies of COVID in spite of being an angel, and Mr Potter (being a member of the 1%) uses the crisis to buy up all of the properties that people can no longer afford their payments on.

* The use of the trademark The Boyman is with the explicit permission of the owner. Well I have to pm him about it but I'm sure it'll be grand. ;

I really can’t listen to him anymore because of the continuous stream of babble, drivel and inanity. He’s living in an alternative universe, where the song at the start of the Late Late Toyshow assumes an importance and relevance akin to the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls or the discovery of life on Mars. It’s a song, ffs, not the second coming.

My problem is, if the show was replaced by something more relevant and hosted by someone more connected to the planet (and maybe not from the NK talent pool) what would happen to this thread? This thread is a source of enjoyment. The programme is not.

Long live this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

When I log on to my work computer the home page on a new tab is similar to the old msn home page, lots of little articles published in the last while and sorted by an algorithm probably. After 3mins browsing this page I suspect i have done the same preparation as the Toyman for his show.

Some receptionist will just print out a few f those stories along with something trending on Twitter and highlight places for him to say "... and we like THAT". Then allude to some mainstream book / film that's being read / watched. Then a song- at which point the show actually starts for some reason. Then the cue cards are dusted off to ask the poor unfortunate person on the phone "how did xyz illness effect your life / it must be very hard with covid now too" etc. I dont really stay much longer than that so I'm unsure if that misery call / rte associate chat takes up the remainder of the 1 hour show.
    I'd love that job it seems like a absolute piece of piss

Edit - forgot to mention the portion of the morning dedicated to sort through the free items sent in to the studio

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Boutique Christmas

more mask preaching. There really is no end to it.

"i wont go on and on and on".

It's every bloody day.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Boutique Christmas

Id rather live in one of Eoghan Murphy's boutique hotels than have one of Tubridy's boutique Christmases

Free turkey sorted

and we're back to masks!

("i wont go on and on and on about it")

• Advertisement

It's the middle of September during an Indian summer.
    RTE/RT National Oracle - turkeys running around apple orchards, 'boutique' Christmasses.
    Man of the people.

Soda bread.

A trigger of beauty

Obligatory former LLS guest

“Revolut that to me”.The Boyman discovers 2015. Delicious.

Books.

Bryan empathizes with healthcare worker who works more in 12 days than he will for the rest of the year. Bonkers.

Books.
    Intriguing.

The Boyman talks soccerball with the same knowledge and interest as Alan Quinlan on Newstalk Breakfast Sports Bulletins.

Guess what now? More books.

Fock this, I’m out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Tubridy had COVID and survived. I mean if COVID can't take down a man with the immune system of a hatstand, then I think we can conclude that it really is not as fatal as RTE would have us all believe.

Tubridy had COVID and survived. I mean if COVID can't take down a man with the immune system of a hatstand, then I think we can conclude that it really is not as fatal as RTE would have us all believe.

You’re assuming he was telling you the truth that he had it. Like a certain female media radio presenter who also claimed to have it.

That fake laugh mid sentence is nauseating.

“Revolut that to me”.The Boyman discovers 2015. Delicious.

:D:D
    :D:D

"Women are front and central to the story"

Woke test passed.

• Advertisement

Boris isn't able for, what we call in Ireland, senior hurling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement