Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    Puffin anxiety

Are you a "Puffin denier" too?

The message was that it's not necessary to constantly obsess over covid.

And Tubridy sitting there nodding in agreement like a morón despite having spent almost every radio show and LLS since February talking about the virus.

Like Mr. Duffy, he had to check which way the wind was blowing with this contributor before committing to an interjection there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,038 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I hardly think about Covid

Ha I wonder what bad guy koolaid Covid drinker tubs encountered this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Sam Cooke is "just, delicious" now.
    FFS....I give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

What's this puffin denial crap? It's like some annoying teen trying to sound quirky, Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement

A delicious song.

Seamai wrote: »
    What's this puffin denial crap? It's like some annoying teen trying to sound quirky, Jesus Christ.

You should listen back to Dara from yesterday if you want "quirky".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I just turned back for the news.

What's all this sh1te about puffins?

Little meltdown there at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Seamai wrote: »

That's mature for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,410 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Wonderful, not content with our own Chief Medical Officer, Tubridy thinks the Irish public want to hear from America's Chief Medical Officer on a Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

That's mature for him.

I get what he is doing. It's the kind of game you play with a four year old or your hormonal teen. I just don't get why he is doing it on air. Another affection perhaps. Or after last week's state of the nation address on LLS is he hoping to be crowned Ireland's Dad?

Who we turn to in times of trouble for self absorbed tales of gum drops, books, JFK, strange affectations and wonderfully beautiful but peculiar remenisisng of everyday encounters with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Or after last week's state of the nation address on LLS is he hoping to be crowned Ireland's Dad?

I actually heard some presenter on one of the other radio shows big up Ryan's monologue at the start of the LLS show last week.

Can't remember the exact wording or who it was (another rte luvvee though) but it was basically along the lines of "did you hear RTs powerful message to the nation on the LLS " ....they all love to pat each other on the back in rte. Makes them all feel like they earn their wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭hawley

"In order, as he says, to get it 'into your bones', I've been driving along with the lyrics sitting on the passenger seat, blaring this track and singing like a demented person. Because it's a big song, and it asks a lot of the poor creature singing it.

"But we're getting there, so I'm going to meet Jim after this show for yet another go at it. He has the patience of many, many saints. Many."
    https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0923/1167097-ryan-tubridy-getting-there-with-big-toy-show-song/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭applehunter

This thread has picked up some traction in the last month.

Maybe knowing that Ryan Tubridy is a regular lurker is intoxicating for some posters.

Maybe knowing that Ryan Tubridy is a regular lurker is intoxicating for some posters.

Yeah applehunter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Why is there suspicion hes checking in? Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan contradicting himself - nice work *cough* Broadsheet!

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2020/09/24/staying-in-tomorrow-177/

Ryan contradicting himself - nice work *cough* Broadsheet!

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2020/09/24/staying-in-tomorrow-177/

Now THAT’s what I’d call an eclectic line-up. (Emphasis courtesy of Ryan himself)

Fauci - interesting - but probably on for <5 minutes. Kellie Harrington - great attitude, saw her before and she was infinitely more engaging than Ryan - 5 or 6 minutes if we are lucky.

Jedward - Dear Lord - 25 minutes of cringemaking insanity

15 plugs for the Toy Show, and what spiffing great fun and jolly japes it will be

All preceded by the 15 minute Sermon on the Mount Montrose from our host, the Toyman, lecturing us on how to behave.

Good Luck!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293d535fc15534fda170a2cb3035997ddf1f8a258d&rid=giphy.gif

This year's apt theme for Late Late Toy Show

• Advertisement

Yeah applehunter

I have a suspicion that he is modelling himself on a parody of what we think of him, it's the only explanation of why he's getting worse over time. I imagine he might be saying "they thought I was BAD, I'll show them what BAD actually is, <insert manic laugh> let them eat cake, they are paying for me through their taxes".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Now THAT’s what I’d call an eclectic line-up. (Emphasis courtesy of Ryan himself)

With a lot of fake laughing from the host.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Fauci - interesting - but probably on for <5 minutes. Kellie Harrington - great attitude, saw her before and she was infinitely more engaging than Ryan - 5 or 6 minutes if we are lucky.

15 plugs for the Toy Show, and what spiffing great fun and jolly japes it will be

All preceded by the 15 minute Sermon on the Mount Montrose from our host, the Toyman, lecturing us on how to behave.

Good Luck!

Jedward are only on cos of their recent tweets - great selection there Tubridy.
    Oh and they tweet approved stuff like mask wearing with accompanying pic of said mask hanging off one of their twinny chins and that JK Rowling's books should be burned beacuse she's a ... <well, you know the kind of mind numbing sh1t zeleb twitterers tweet>
    I wonder will Ryan Be Kind Tubridy ask them about the old delicious book burning and misogyny towards JKR?
    Hmmm.
    In other news, I suspect they have a CD to hawk (hence the recent tweets)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I'd agree with Cat that there is an element of trying to wind up his critics (including those on this thread), which IMO is a defence mechanism that thinly veils an awareness that he doesn't have anything substantial to offer audiences.

He's not a respected political analyst or film/book critic. He's not a comedian. He's not known for being a good interviewer. He's not an expert on anything. He's just a privileged waffler.

On some level he knows this, so he's desperate to brand himself as the eccentric Willy Wonka Toyman. Or BookMan. Or NerdMan. Or 'JimmyStewartMan.

And who could forget the 'Conscience of the Nation' persona. The fella who commends the people of Ireland for being 'good eggs' and scolds others for being mean like a third class múinteoir. He has really spotted an opportunity to ramp this one up with covid. That's why he's getting up people's noses more than ever.

he's getting up people's noses more than ever.

I think I see what you did there ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Did someone say turds reads this thread?

F*ck you Tubridy....youre the main reason I don't pay the TV licence....p1ss off to BBC radio 4 at 1am or somewhere else where none of us have to look at you again....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

He has really spotted an opportunity to ramp this one up with covid. That's why he's getting up people's noses more than ever.

He's just a a puppet. He just spouts whatever he believes will keep him his job. There are many many far talented people who would be far more suited to both his radio and TV jobs, but they wouldn't be as well behaved as him. It is such a shame because imagine how much fun the Late Late would be with Tommy Tiernan or something with an ounce of humour, spontaneity and courage.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,681 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does Ryan's studio really have a CRT tv on the wall, honestly what a bloody kip of place that should be leveled to dust.

0014c1d3-614.jpg?ratio=1.78

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

That dick think he is the afterlife of Gaybo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭applehunter

527367.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement