Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

To superfan Ryan the following are deep cuts on Beatles albums:

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

A Hard Day's Night on A Hard Day's Night.

Let It Be on Let It Be.

Magical Mystery Tour on Magical Mystery Tour.

Please Please Me on Please Please Me.

Help! on Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I listened for the last 15mins or so of today's show. He's just stated that he welcomes the opposing views on Peter Casey as these lead to questions and debate and isn't that a good thing? Yes, unless any questions or criticism is directed at Tubs or RTÉ it seems!

good point.

And there's further irony to be found in how condescending he can be when interviewing people who have interests or values that he sees as inferior to his own. The recent interview with the gamer comes to mind. There was a nonchalant "i'm proud that I don't like that type of thing" undertone to Tubridy's approach. I've noticed this kind of patronizing attitude on a few occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

To superfan Ryan the following are deep cuts on Beatles albums:

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

A Hard Day's Night on A Hard Day's Night.

Let It Be on Let It Be.

Magical Mystery Tour on Magical Mystery Tour.

Please Please Me on Please Please Me.

Help! on Help!

He'd be better off with a "Greatest Hits" album.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I think what annoys me most is not Tubridy, but the culture he exists in. He's just a slightly creepy buffoon, whose world involved growing up in Dublin 4, going to uni in Dublin 4, working in Dublin 4. It's not like he, or any other RTE presents, are super ambitious, but they are constantly handed all these opportunities, despite their lack of any talent or popularity. The incestuous media bubble in Ireland is full of people rewarding themselves with big money for nothing, so these people behind the scenes need their poster-boys to hide behind: they know none of the presenters will rock the boat, because they know that they too are on to a good thing. I imagine that none of these people would survive for long against any talented competition, but they will continue to fabulously reward themselves while they can get away with it in Ireland. They'll hype themselves up, but if they had any real talent, then wouldn't settle for RTE.

Having said that, there is no way I would let my (hypothetical) kids near Tubridy, and if one of them ever expressed a liking for Patrick & The President or The First Christmas Jumper (whatever the f*ck it's called), or indeed, even the christmas toy show, they would be straight to a psychologist or put up for adoption! If they want to see toys, I'll take them to a toy shop, not have them witness that weirdo at play.

I need to check have I opened a second account and am posting subconsciously.

You (you being me it seems) should join me on The Joe Duffy Appreciation Thread someday. You'd be most welcome there, though you may need to learn Dubalinese before you can understand the host...so to speak.

He'd be better off with a "Greatest Hits" album.

Nah, he prefers the more obscure stuff :D

• Advertisement

I need to check have I opened a second account and am posting subconsciously.

You (you being me it seems) should join me on The Joe Duffy Appreciation Thread someday. You'd be most welcome there, though you may need to learn Dubalinese before you can understand the host...so to speak.

Not a chance. I really do hate RTE, and have to avoid getting sucked into these threads. I am only getting thread updates because I posted some smart comment about sending Tubridy dog turds a few days ago. I'm unsubscribing from this thread asap, because it's not good for me :pac:

Seriously though, there is a place for a weekly YouTube video podcast of someone ripping the piss out of the RTE output for that week. It's okay us bitching about RTE here, but nothing changes. If there was someone making fun of RTE, and getting viewers and attention, RTE would sit up and take notice soon enough. And I'm not talking about gentle ribbing, I'm talking about merciless satire, Day Today/Chris Morris-style. I'd expect RTE to be on the defensive straight away: if, however, they tried to get in on the joke, be more merciless with the humour and commentary. Maybe I'll have to do it myself :p The great thing about the world we live in is you don't need the major broadcasters anymore to get your message out there :)

Not a chance. I really do hate RTE, and have to avoid getting sucked into these threads. I am only getting thread updates because I posted some smart comment about sending Tubridy dog turds a few days ago. I'm unsubscribing from this thread asap, because it's not good for me :pac:

Seriously though, there is a place for a weekly YouTube video podcast of someone ripping the piss out of the RTE output for that week. It's okay us bitching about RTE here, but nothing changes. If there was someone making fun of RTE, and getting viewers and attention, RTE would sit up and take notice soon enough. And I'm not talking about gentle ribbing, I'm talking about merciless satire, Day Today/Chris Morris-style. I'd expect RTE to be on the defensive straight away: if, however, they tried to get in on the joke, be more merciless with the humour and commentary. Maybe I'll have to do it myself :p The great thing about the world we live in is you don't need the major broadcasters anymore to get your message out there :)

subscribed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

If this man has any honour or decency he will read out an apology to Peter Casey for his despicable behaviour last Friday night.

https://twitter.com/Niall_Boylan/status/1058805415960551424

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Should be interesting to hear how he explains himself tomorrow. Or will we skip straight on to Macca, Anti Trump, Jelly Beans, JFK etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Jennifer Zamparelli should lose her gig on DWTS, Tubridy should have to read out an apology...but only if enough of us complain!

This insular broadcaster won't stop these stunts otherwise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Jennifer Zamparelli should lose her gig on DWTS, Tubridy should have to read out an apology...but only if enough of us complain!

This insular broadcaster won't stop these stunts otherwise!

Insolent more like

no mention of Casey as of yet anyway. It's gas because he usually never shuts up about the LLS e.g. he went on and on and on about the London show both before and after it.

Trump mention in there at 9.13am however. Can't be leaving that out can he!?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is yer man p1ssed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I am guessing that Tubbs was told to STFU about Casey until they deal with the complaints from the show on Friday night.

I am guessing that Tubbs was told to STFU about Casey until they deal with the complaints from the show on Friday night.

well there's a hell of a lot of them! Both to RTE and the BAI. Lets see if they can sweep this mess under the carpet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

well there's a hell of a lot of them! Both to RTE and the BAI. Lets see if they can sweep this mess under the carpet!
    I sent in complaints earlier to RTE. Haven't went to BAI yet until I get their response.

I sent in complaints earlier to RTE. Haven't went to BAI yet until I get their response.

send it anyway to BAI. You will only get a generic RTE response quoting a whole load of dross about their rules and regulations.

Mind you , you'll get the same kind of response from the BAI :mad: (but do it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,489 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

send it anyway to BAI. You will only get a generic RTE response quoting a whole load of dross about their rules and regulations.

Mind you , you'll get the same kind of response from the BAI :mad: (but do it!)

Correct, you won’t get anything from RTÉ other than a generic response.

And these are the people who in their day to day operations demand “transparency” from other organisations.

Difficult circle to square one would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,630 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ah, the Chinese...a great bunch of lads.

Talking about how he's so much in high demand these days, and how he's preparing for the Toy Show. Completely delusional again. Where is the accountability for the show on Friday night? Only Niall boylan has covered this. Has anybody on any other radio show spoken of the interview at all or are they afraid to attack one of their own ?

• Advertisement

I cant believe he was preaching about the importance of frank and honest debate. Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Tubridy set a trap & Peter Casey walked straight into it

I knew before the interview even happened that Tubs would go to town on Casey

Peter should have stayed well away from the LLS

Tubridy is not able to do a fair & balanced debate, never has & never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

gamecube wrote:
    Tubridy set a trap & Peter Casey walked straight into it

Casey might have walked into a trap, but he walked out looking a damn sight better than that idiot Tubs. What other clown of an interviewer would threaten his guest?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭sham58107

Casey might have walked into a trap, but he walked out looking a damn sight better than that idiot Tubs. What other clown of an interviewer would threaten his guest?

Ah …………. Mr Darcy ? The other BIG name on huge wage in RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

sham58107 wrote:
    Ah …………. Mr Darcy ? The other BIG name on huge wage in RTE

RTE says all you need to know.

Tubridy says that he watches a lot of American Politics. This got me wondering. Watching all of the Anti Republican bias on CNN and the other channels, I wonder is this what has influenced him in to his similarly biased interviews. By watching all that stuff, what is outrageous bias can probably become normal after a few weeks of watching.

Damn those keyboard warriors, Ryan :pac:

Damn those keyboard warriors, Ryan :pac:

Calling for "civil discourse". He didn't show much civil discourse on Friday night. Oh sorry, are we still not allowed to talk about that on the show. Still burying head in the sand.

Calling for "civil discourse". He didn't show much civil discourse on Friday night. Oh sorry, are we still not allowed to talk about that on the show. Still burying head in the sand.

Another poor pitiful me tirade this morning, when you stop being an impartial broadcaster you leave yourself open to criticism.

• Advertisement

‘Ambush’ and ‘Terrible Interviewer’ are other words we heard a lot of in 2018.

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement