Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Free library scented candles coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Scent of a library and bookshop.

Peak Tubridy.

You're like the Willy Wonka of scents.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Free library scented candles coming up.

Bingo

The scent of €495,000 in fresh notes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Free advertising for annoying craft person on the national airwaves...Nice !!

sligojoek wrote: »
    You're like the Willy Wonka of scents.

Well done!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

All this trouble because one person did an awful fart in the K Club one time.

I hate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,633 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Free advertising for annoying craft person on the national airwaves...Nice !!

It seems to be a thing ok.

Allow free advertising of heavily overpriced items under the premise that it's great to shop local.

I'm all for supporting local businesses but if they rip the balls out of it and charge €8 for a bar of soap or €30 for a candle, then I'll buy elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Bringing up death now makes no scents.

The fresh smell of formaldehyde always takes me back.

• Advertisement

“Our friend and colleague Shane McIlhatton, who is leaving Morning Ireland. I don’t know where he is going”

Can’t be much of a “friend”, so.

Unless he's retiring I doubt he's going too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

What, did he just do a "gay voice" ? Before going to an ad break.

Just checked Scent Ireland’s website. I can’t find any domestic units, all for hotels, retail & offices.

No prices either.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Well, this a real toe-tapper. :pac:

Just re-release ‘Mandinka’! :)

In a flash of understanding, in a lightbulb moment, it’s now clear to me what Ryan’s ideal career would be

He could be part of a double act selling stuff that nobody wants to people who can’t sleep, turn on the tv at 4.30 in the morning, and watch teleshopping channels.

“I really don’t believe you can create the smell of an old library, stale whisky and rancid farts, it’s quite amazing. Where do I buy it?”

That was some dreary sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"You know who you are"
    What? Who is he talking about?

Nobody in particular.

He just wanted to remind us of what a self-righteous weasel he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Promoting Roundstone again... through quiz questions this time.

Giving away a prize which is a hotel break in Dublin. Which is in lockdown.

Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,045 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Giving away a prize which is a hotel break in Dublin. Which is in lockdown.

Right.

Dublin won't be in lockdown forever. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

elperello wrote: »

Pity :)

elperello wrote: »

That's right. According to expert virologist Ryan Tubridy, we'll have a vaccine very soon. He "promises" us.

Other promises of his include, "Santy is still coming to all the kids. Definitely. 100%.It's a promise" (wonder does he fancy footing the bill for the parents who have lost their jobs or seen their income fall this year?)

and

"it's only going to be a socially distanced Halloween/Christmas for one year".

Nobody in particular.

He just wanted to remind us of what a self-righteous weasel he is.
    That's right. According to expert virologist Ryan Tubridy, we'll have a vaccine very soon. He "promises" us.

Other promises of his include, "Santy is still coming to all the kids. Definitely. 100%.It's a promise" (wonder does he fancy footing the bill for the parents who have lost their jobs or seen their income fall this year?)

and

"it's only going to be a socially distanced Halloween/Christmas for one year".

I suspect you don't believe him.

Anyway Dublin is a great spot for a break. (post lockdown of course)

The point is that he has should not be trying to portray himself as some authoritative voice on the pandemic.

He is in no position whatsoever to be making promises to people. I have yet to hear an expert medical professional tell people not to worry because a vaccine is coming soon.

Tubridy, however, is absolutely desperate to be seen as Mammy of the Nation and has absolutely no problem coming out which this kind of empty-headed patronising shíte to build the Mr Kind image.

Dublin is decent enough for a break though, you're right about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

I've been thinking that he has started to see himself as an Irish Walter Cronkite. The person that the nation turns to for guidance in times of trouble and upheaval.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I've been thinking that he has started to see himself as an Irish Walter Cronkite. The person that the nation turns to for guidance in times of trouble and upheaval.

Indeed but if the nation ever faced the likes of what the french faced in 1940 when the tanks were thundering through the Ardennes he an his likes would be off down to Vichy with Petain or the Irish version of him Im certain of it, all talk no trousers country is full of em

Indeed but if the nation ever faced the likes of what the french faced in 1940 when the tanks were thundering through the Ardennes he an his likes would be off down to Vichy with Petain or the Irish version of him Im certain of it, all talk no trousers country is full of em

A strange assertion to claim to know what RT would have done in Vichy France.

Not that it proves much but if breeding counts for anything when there were stands to be taken closer to home it's worth noting that his grandad put his life on the line.

I don't believe that turns RT into a potential action man but Todd Andrews part in the War of Independence and Civil War are matters of historical record.

Level 5 looming. Tomorrow morning's sermon should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Tubs was book browsing when he got wind of Woodrow Wilson's ill health

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Incredible verbal horseshoyte from Tubs Z this morning, even by his own standards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement