Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Another Toy Show reference!

How apt. Tubridy used to attend the Top Hat.

He really is Lord Snooty!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Ryan Tubridy has stamped out any rumours that he is planning to retire in the near future.

The Dubliner has no intentions of leaving his highly coveted role on The Late Late Show anytime soon.
    Last year, speculation was rife that Claire Byrne would be taking over from Tubs and she was forced to set the record straight at the time.

Asked how long he plans to stay on the show, he set the record straight as he told RSVP Magazine: "I might get to 150 years and then I will be out of here! [laughs]"

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/rtes-ryan-tubridy-responds-rumours-22803612.amp

Does Kelly use these pieces to send not so subtle messages to rte? I've noticed in the past others saying that they would be very interested in doing xyz in the future or whatever.

Also no shock hes going to hang on to that gig for dear life with the shocking wage associated despite seemingly being as bored with the show as the public are, apart from the weird weekly earnest faced encouragement to the nation that nobody asked for / wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Why don't they just fook off and have a chat in the library.

Nothing wrong with the clarity of that call. The content however !!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,631 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

More phone line issues on rte.

What is it with rte and phone lines? Terrible all the time.

No other station has so many bad lines.

Nothing wrong with the clarity of that call. The content however !!;)

Line was clear as a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Ryan Tubridy has stamped out any rumours that he is planning to retire in the near future.

The Dubliner has no intentions of leaving his highly coveted role on The Late Late Show anytime soon.
    Last year, speculation was rife that Claire Byrne would be taking over from Tubs and she was forced to set the record straight at the time.

Asked how long he plans to stay on the show, he set the record straight as he told RSVP Magazine: "I might get to 150 years and then I will be out of here! [laughs]"

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/rtes-ryan-tubridy-responds-rumours-22803612.amp

Does Kelly use these pieces to send not so subtle messages to rte? I've noticed in the past others saying that they would be very interested in doing xyz in the future or whatever.

Also no shock hes going to hang on to that gig for dear life with the shocking wage associated despite seemingly being as bored with the show as the public are, apart from the weird weekly earnest faced encouragement to the nation that nobody asked for / wants.

He'll have accumulated "generational wealth" by that point; seeing as his fees are outrageous, paid in the most tax-beneficial way possible AND that he spends nothing as everything is gifted to him for an auld plug-een. Not that the daughters will have to work of course as there'll be researcher jobs in RTE for lfe made available to them whenever/if they decide they want to work.

Cillian Murphy better look out. This caller’s voice is very sleep inducing.

PieOhMy wrote: »

But surely it is ultimately not his decision as to how long he stays on the LLS?

It's rtes.

If they think the show is stale and not working, they have the power to tell Tubs it's over. And put someone new in.

• Advertisement

Given his frequently outspoken opinions on the importance of education, Ryan should play ‘Hot For Teacher’. (RIP Eddie) :cool:

Like he's ever heard of Van Halen before this morning. :rolleyes:

I do love Panama meself......

Got to hand it to tubs here, he is combining reading and misery. His 2 favourite subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Jesus Christ. "Do you miss reading?" Of course he does. It's something you need to be able to do just to function in the world. Pay your bills, cooking instructions, what dosage of meds to take. What a knobhead.

Guy was reading at least 7 books at a time.

"A man after my own heart" says Tubs.

Ha. You pretend to be a big reader Ryan, but you are a lightweight and no way would you even have 2 on the go at the same time.

Is this a new format to The show?

20min of inane waffle.

Then a call, usually bit of misery. Or like yesterday a story about nothing.

Then another 20min of texts and waffle to finish on.

Easy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

NIMAN wrote: »
    Guy was reading at least 7 books at a time.

"A man after my own heart" says Tubs.

Ha. You pretend to be a big reader Ryan, but you are a lightweight and no way would you even have 2 on the go at the same time.

He cud have 7 on the go as in, starts one, doesn't finish it, reads an online synopsis and moves on. I'd class all the unfinished ones as 'on the go' still

• Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

How would you know unless you listen to all the other stations?

I can't compare other stations with RTE because I don't listen to it much. But Newstalk, BBC 5 Live, Ulster, and Radio 4 have had recent major difficulties with phones during my listening.

Over the space of a day I would have rte1, rte2, Todayfm and newstalk on at different times.

I hear most line issues on rte1.

The Claire Byrne show seems to be a major culprit of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I think this is exaggerated. I respect the work that is done by the defence forces, but I can't think of anybody that has been killed overseas in years. And I expect that it would be all over the RTE News if it were. I am open to correction if you have statistics that are contrary to my opinion.

Total of 87 have died in peacekeeping 11 in one battle in the Congo

Info below
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_military_casualties_overseas

Sorry for putting info here but it was requested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Texter spots Tubridy in Stillorgan cinema at TWO O'CLOCK in the AFTERNOON!?

He must've worked late that day. He usually hits the 11:30am screening.

• Advertisement

We need to stop complaining about Tubs Z's €495,000. It's not that long ago he was getting €723,000.

https://www.thejournal.ie/rte-highest-paid-presenters-tubridy-finucane-848015-Mar2013/

WTAF is that place (RTE) like? Can you imagine "earning" €723,000 in 2011?!!!!

20min of inane waffle.

Easy money.

Don't forget a toe-tappin' ditty from the Top 40 Hit Parade from times of yore!

Texter spots Tubridy in Stillorgan cinema at TWO O'CLOCK in the AFTERNOON!?

He must've worked late that day. He usually hits the 11:30am screening.

I'm just surprised he paid, he usually goes to the press screening - I've seen him at a few myself. Not a humblebrag btw, the press screenings are not "red carpet premieres", rather screenings for a few hacks and shown at stupid times, there's usually only about 10 people in attendance. I used to get invited by a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

We need to stop complaining about Tubs Z's €495,000. It's not that long ago he was getting €723,000.

To be honest, I find Tubridy going on about his "trying to hide what my song and dance is for the Late Late Toy Show" boll0x is so out of touch. The guy has no concept of what life is like for everybody who is actually affected by COVID. Given that the income to the State is going down because of the loss of private sector businesses, unnecessary overheads like Toy Show costumes and dance training really need to be re-evaluated.

20min of inane waffle.

Easy money.

Nothing new about it. It's been like that for yonks. Lots of money for fook all labour

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amlinopta

To be honest, I find Tubridy going on about his "trying to hide what my song and dance is for the Late Late Toy Show" boll0x is so out of touch. The guy has no concept of what life is like for everybody who is actually affected by COVID. Given that the income to the State is going down because of the loss of private sector businesses, unnecessary overheads like Toy Show costumes and dance training really need to be re-evaluated.
    If he’s trying to hide his song and dance routine for the Toy Show, why did he start waffling about them in around August. So far out of touch as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I'm just surprised he paid...

Not sure I'd be able to sit through a film knowing he was there in front of me planning his latest expert film review ("i liked it cos it was about history and stuff").

They seem to be insisting on using Skype or zoom. Interview just now on the news with a fella from ISME. NASA have clearer lines to the space station,and he was probably in Dublin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

They seem to be insisting on using Skype or zoom. Interview just now on the news with a fella from ISME. NASA have clearer lines to the space station,and he was probably in Dublin ;)

They love telling everyone else how to do their job, but can’t do their own.

• Advertisement

Imagine being stuck beside him on a long train journey!

If you travel First Class, know what to expect ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement