Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

Virtue signaling, yes Ryan, that’s exactly what you do all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

somebody is really pulling his strings

Yes Ryan you ARE talking about the toy show gratuitously. You have just announced that the show will be full of children who are on the margins of their school class etc, have lack of talent etc, so we’ll be able to know why they are not performing like Billy Barry’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

What's your favourite smell, Ted.

"The one thing in the world that you want to fix is a child's heart".

Dear god. Which Dicken's book did he get that one from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Calling for "civil discourse". He didn't show much civil discourse on Friday night. Oh sorry, are we still not allowed to talk about that on the show. Still burying head in the sand.

He was at this lark yesterday too. He's accusing others of something he's guilty of in an attempt to deflect criticism. It's weird because what he's doing is completely obvious.

First half of the show about American politics and second half about how brilliant books are. All this mixed in with a Miss World type speech about how all children are beautiful in their individuality.

Business as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Business as usual.

BS as usual.

BS is right.

And because they will not directly address the backlash after the Casey interview, he goes unchallenged as he projects his own flaws upon others by talking about the importance of fair and calm debate.

These comments he's been making all week are indirect references to the widespread criticism that he rightly received in the wake of the Late Late. So he gets to defend himself on air via these not-so-subtle messages without being questioned at all.

And so he'll sit back smugly, thinking that he's justified his impartiality, thereby setting himself up to churn out similar interviews in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

These comments he's been making all week are indirect references to the widespread criticism that he rightly received in the wake of the Late Late. So he gets to defend himself on air via these not-so-subtle messages without being questioned at all.

The fact he will not allow himself being challenged by anyone over his comments speaks volumes as to how weak and irrelevant an individual he is. I don't consume any RTE content especially because of Tubridy and his ilk. I watched the 20 minutes of the LLS because I knew Casey was on . Tubridy confirmed to me that night what a disgrace RTE is you even had Jenny McGuire tweeting a lie afterwards. John McGuirk and several other well know people called her out on her lie. She's been very quiet since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

"The one thing in the world that you want to fix is a child's heart".

Dear god. Which Dicken's book did he get that one from.

Sounds like he might have robbed a tag-line from Jim'll Fix It! " Now then, now then, we have a letter here from a lad in South Dublin who wants to sit on uncle Jimmy's lap and tell him all about JFK :) "

Tubridy's follow up to Patrick and the President is Patrick and the Paedophile Ring! A bit edgier than the first one, which involved Patrick wanting to give JFK his mammy's delicious swiss roll (seriously...i skipped through the book to see how demented, yet numbingly boring it would be. Thats honestly the story).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Other than 15 mins this morning, I haven't heard any of the show since Monday.
    Any mention of Peter Casey since? He never shut up about him last week. Has he mentioned the LLS at all? Any of the usual talk of the "Huge reaction we've had"?
    I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    Any mention of Peter Casey since? He never shut up about him last week. Has he mentioned the LLS at all? Any of the usual talk of the "Huge reaction we've had"?
    I doubt it.

Not that I’ve heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

sligojoek wrote: »
    I doubt it.

We're all waiting and wondering 'What happened next' I fear we'll we wondering and waiting 'til the cows come home.

I think it’s arrogant and pretty despicable of Ryan Tubridy not to mentioned the fiasco of last Friday’s LLS and to have offered some explanation or apology. To ignore it shows his arrogance and his belief despite everything that he is right .

He would have gone up on my estimation if he had tried to row back and admit things had gone wrong. Instead I think this really reflects badly on him I have no respect for him. I won’t be watching or listening to him anymore, he is a farce and has misjudged public opinion on this .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,575 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I think it’s arrogant and pretty despicable of Ryan Tubridy not to mentioned the fiasco of last Friday’s LLS and to have offered some explanation or apology. To ignore it shows his arrogance and his belief despite everything that he is right .

He would have gone up on my estimation if he had tried to row back and admit things had gone wrong. Instead I think this really reflects badly on him I have no respect for him. I won’t be watching or listening to him anymore, he is a farce and has misjudged public opinion on this .

Working for RTE ? Are you mad !!

This is a show that tortured lambs live on air, and I bet all are still in employment from researchers upwards. You could not make it up !!

More virtue signalling on "civil discourse" this morning, in light of Trump getting rid of the CNN reporter getting in a physical tussle with the white house intern. It may be the first case where Tubridy or RTE has taken the side of a white male in such a case, normally this would be reported as another #metoo event - but I guess it depends which bias takes precedence. And the Trump bias trumps all other biases, if you forgive the pun. Tubridy should have had his own reporting wings removed from his blazer after his interview last weekend. #StillNoAccountability.

Oh and I got my response back from Kate Fitzsimons as well this week. I'd say she is a busy woman this week.

Ryan as cute as a shotgunned fox, referenced gogglebox positively this morning - after a courtesy nod to another waster Brendan Courtney, couldn't resist casting light on his own appearance where he naturally came out shining.

Jesus his fixation with american stuff is unhealthy.

Now for the misery slot. I wonder who died belonging to the next guest.

Plug for the book

Ryan didn't have any trouble getting in RTE when he put his surname on the CV that is for sure. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭plodder

I thought the Nigerian chap was fairly impressive and could have a political career ahead of him if he wanted. Maybe a bit too idealistic though. That'd be knocked out of him fairly quickly.

More virtue signalling on "civil discourse" this morning, in light of Trump getting rid of the CNN reporter getting in a physical tussle with the white house intern. It may be the first case where Tubridy or RTE has taken the side of a white male in such a case, normally this would be reported as another #metoo event - but I guess it depends which bias takes precedence. And the Trump bias trumps all other biases, if you forgive the pun. Tubridy should have had his own reporting wings removed from his blazer after his interview last weekend. #StillNoAccountability.

Oh and I got my response back from Kate Fitzsimons as well this week. I'd say she is a busy woman this week.

What's the response may I ask?!

It's the 3rd or 4th day running that Tubridy has projected his impartiality onto others. He seems to believe that if he accuses others of disrupting fair debate, the audience will forget that it's him that's the guilty party. It's an unbelievably arrogant mentality.

It's like when he tries to trick the audience with qualifying statements like, "I'm not being facetious but" (followed by facetious remark) , "I'm not mentioning the Toy show or my book gratuitously" (followed by doing so).

He was also plugging his own book this morning. Grand that he can use his show on public service broadcasting to promote his own private interests all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

What's the response may I ask?!

It's the 3rd or 4th day running that Tubridy has projected his impartiality onto others. He seems to believe that if he accuses others of disrupting fair debate, the audience will forget that it's him that's the guilty party. It's an unbelievably arrogant mentality.

It's like when he tries to trick the audience with qualifying statements like, "I'm not being facetious but" (followed by facetious remark) , "I'm not mentioning the Toy show or my book gratuitously" (followed by doing so).

He was also plugging his own book this morning. Grand that he can use his show on public service broadcasting to promote his own private interests all the same.

No matter how much he plugs it, no-one in the history of broadcasting will ever plug a book like Joe Duffy plugged his “De Chislers Dat Did Doyed in De Rising and dat” buke from August 2-15 - December 2-16. He has been plugging his next buke (also about dead chislers) since sometime during this past summer - and it’s not even written yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,130 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

How long does the results of complaints take to come to light?

I was wondering how many or if any did actually complain about his treatment of Peter Casey?

Another shameless plug for the book this morning, Tubs abusing his platform yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Another shameless plug for the book this morning, Tubs abusing his platform yet again.

Yep, free publicity for all

And heres another thing.

What’s this “getting all emotional” bulldust that’s going on on RTE radio these days?

You had Tubs “getting emotional’ at the free (for him ?) U2 concert.

You had ‘Dezziee’ gettin a bit emotional on some sports programme recently.

Probably got the bang of the slaw from the staff canteen.

Treating people like Bono as minor deitys is for children surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Tubbs at his nauseating best this morning.

An "emotional weekend" because he brought his kid to a (no doubt free) U2 gig.

Plus another plug for his book..... the stickman is shameless.

Nepotism at it's finest in Montrose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

In fairness, who is going to buy his sh*t book? He needs to plug it relentlessly to shift a few copies. He'll probably give copies as Christmas presents to his RTE underlings and co-workers: in fact, I bet he will do that (a la Alan Partridge with his book Bouncing Back!).

One of my fav things to do when I am browsing in a bookstore is to find the Irish interest/RTE books and cover them with other books, or else hide them at the back of a shelf. It's petty but it makes my heart glow :) Why only yesterday I covered Des Cahill's stupid face in Tesco!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement