Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

There is a massive hypocrisy among all these SJWs and woke radio presenters. They would be the Traveller's best friend on air, but wouldn't dare live within an asses roar of the Travellers in their personal life.

Not true! Ciara Kelly famously said she’d have no problem if they turned up and parked their caravans on her street in Greystones.

I’d like to see her reaction if they took her up on her offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Not true! Ciara Kelly famously said she’d have no problem if they turned up and parked their caravans on her street in Greystones.

I’d like to see her reaction if they took her up on her offer.

Time some folk called out these stults on stuff like that, Butthers.

Well done.....only gobdaws and challenged dudes would believe that bulldust.

And yet they gain traction.......:confused:

WHOY doesn't someone influential in the Travelling community bring the Hiace with caravan in tow and park wherever it is they can absolutely do so legally that is nearest to her dwelling or that of other "woke" folk who have the airwaves; and carry on minding their own business etc, just to see how far they are tolerated, and then document it. They could go out of their way to pleasantly greet the woke folk, make their presence known in pleasant community type ways, abide by all laws etc, and then say that they might have "a few friends" coming to visit over the weekend that they'd like to introduce. That would sort the wheat from the chaff of the woke harvest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,631 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There is a massive hypocrisy among all these SJWs and woke radio presenters. They would be the Traveller's best friend on air, but wouldn't dare live within an asses roar of the Travellers in their personal life.

Like the time 7 of the 8 presidential candidates said they wouldn't mind travellers moving in on their road.

Only Peter Casey had the balls to say he wouldn't be happy.

The other 7 were liars.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Like the time 7 of the 8 presidential candidates said they wouldn't mind travellers moving in on their road.

Only Peter Casey had the balls to say he wouldn't be happy.

The other 7 were liars.

Careful now............Bryan might lose control with Mr. Casey. And Jennifer Zamparelli will make up a tweet about something that never happened.

• Advertisement

Ciara Kelly can do no wrong apparently, partly or primarily because she's a woman. She even outed a rape victim and her followers excused that. And she knows more about the Coronavirus than anyone in the world, esp. mere Professors of Immunology and Virology - she receievd specail training as a GP apparently that no other GP in the world has received to grant her such knowledge. I'm at a loss to understand what she has to do to be criticised on certain parts of boards tbh. Some of her followers are more loyal to her than Trump supporters are to him.

She would never say anything just for attention so I believe her when she says she would welcome travellers to her street in Greystones.
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It was said in the constitution, on the steps of the GPO that you can't touch the bottom layer of a box of biscuits till the top one is finished.

How does he come up with this crap?

Neither the RTE App nor the Radio Player on the RTE website are working this morning so I can't hear Bryan tell us about his jolly japes over the weekend. I suppose with RTE spending north of €1.4m annually on Tubs Z, D'Arcy and Mr. Duffy alone it's hard to find a few bob to fix the auld internet and apps and dat that, you know, enable licence fee payers (sadly, I am one) to listen to the content they pay for.

sligojoek wrote: »
    It was said in the constitution, on the steps of the GPO that you can't touch the bottom layer of a box of biscuits till the top one is finished.

After reading this, perhaps I should be glad that I am unable to access said content today.

Neither the RTE App nor the Radio Player on the RTE website are working this morning so I can't hear Bryan tell us about his jolly japes over the weekend. I suppose with RTE spending north of €1.4m annually on Tubs Z, D'Arcy and Mr. Duffy alone it's hard to find a few bob to fix the auld internet and apps and dat that, you know, enable licence fee payers (sadly, I am one) to listen to the content they pay for.

The app on my phone is about 3 minutes behind the radio. Usually only a few seconds.

• Advertisement

Is he taking hidden digs at NPHET with his comments this morning?

Siding with the people perhaps? He obviously senses the wind is changing so he has to appear to be on the right side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Because he's puerile and reprehensible. I always presumed he hatched from an egg.

Very apt song. Buddy Holly and Raining in my Heart.

Oh misereeeeee, misereeeeee.

More freebies incoming.

SNAP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Here we go with the emails/texts that never happened segment.

So she has stopped listening to the news cos she is fed up of the negativity and talk of death.

Yet she enjoys listening to his show!

She is having a laugh.

Definitely written by one of the production team before the show.

Free pints

A gorgeous story
    Life can be so kind these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Free pints

So that's recently:
    Unknown volume of free books
    Free bespoke jewellery x 2
    Free essential oils for mask
    Free buns from bewleys
    Free trip on the navy ship
    Free 8 Glasses cases
    Free accessory for vinal record player
    Free flowers
    Yop Fruit of the Forest and Yakult
    Holland and figges supply
    Free Calm App
    Free Scents of Ireland commercial air diffuser and scents
    Epicurean Delights (i.e. Grub)
    Watercolour
    Candles
     A book about Elvis' comeback in 68
    Waterford Famine Buke
    Free pints

A big TYFYS to those who flag what I miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I think as the week progresses, it seems to that he becomes ever more excitable. Next week, I’m going to sacrifice my sanity and do a count each day to see if my theory that the ratio of words that are EMPHASISED increases as the days go by.

I’m becoming increasing worried about my own ability to cope. :eek:

I decided to join your experiment this morning. 38 over emphasised words. But I realise now that this is a stupid way to pass the time, so I won't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Here we go with the emails/texts that never happened segment.
    they seem to be from the same types of peeples, meiddle class artisan jewellery makers with wealthy partners full of kindness

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

I decided to join your experiment this morning. 38 over emphasised words. But I realise now that this is a stupid way to pass the time, so I won't do it again.

God bless you, I only made it to 15 before my blood pressure exceeded the normal range - and I turned off. :)

s1ippy wrote: »
    Because he's puerile and reprehensible. I always presumed he hatched from an egg.

It would be a quare hen that layed that egg :D

BoyMan's Boutique Christmases might become a thing you know, with less people allowed around the table, etc

As he suggests a chicken would replace the turkey, but other items would have to be miniaturised and diminished in keeping with the boutiqueness.

In Lieu of:
    Brussels Sprouts we may have Peas
    Ham we may have rashers.
    Roast potatoes we may have chips
    Melon starter we may have grapefruit
    Bread sauce we may have bread
    Christmas Pudding we may have Raisin Biscuits
    Prosecco we may have cider
    A Christmas Tree we may a houseplant with tinsel on it.
    Christmas Presents we may have the Presence of Kindness.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29094d89971d1232bebfe1e19b60b0e3556f063993&rid=giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think that is a good idea for a Photoshop competition, Cat. Who can guess the theme and design the promo for the Late Late Toy Show? Maybe you could put up 100 euro for the winner :-)

Focus on the good stuff.

How long will that last?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

2 “beautifuls” and 1 “beauty” in the first sentence. One “our friends” in the second sentence.

• Advertisement

Hurrah, we’re going to “dwell on the beauty of nature and focus on the good stuff, how about that?”

Let’s see how long that lasts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement