Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

“Consider myself suitably chastised”

What a witty riposte from the 1940s.

How many cheques have you sent out Bryan?

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f224df9a655f3ec35b94dbc9231fb2cbd76cac1b&rid=giphy.gif

Delicious Late Late BoyMan Toy Show 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Wonderful, beautiful even, but sorely lacking in DEATH, MISFORTUNE, IMPENDING PAIN, WORRY, ANXIETY, FRAILTY.

All things that make up this gangly fvcker's day while he mindlessly trills about cheering us all up.

It seems to have become a trend to relate anecdotes here, so I'll do likewise. And maybe the crowd in RTE will harvest this, and put it to a committee or something. (Some hope).

I spent a weekend, some years ago at what I can only describe as a living wake, with an aunt of mine, a dear friend. Terminal lung cancer. Certainly not the first, or alone in that. We soldiered together for many years. The conversation ebbed and flowed as it does-and the telly was on.
    On Friday night she said turn on the late late. I cringed. Ten minutes in. Cancer awareness. Pretty sure she knew what cancer was, as did a hundred who knew her.

And a hundred thousand others.

-We'll throw on Graham, Marie.

-Aye.

(This was Newry so she had RTE & BBC, unparalleled luxury!)

Anyway, the following night (Saturday). RTE on again for the news, and left on afterward for the Saturday Night Show this fifty five year old woman rasping in the chair-on comes Beefy (it was pre D'Arcy,-Brendan O'Connor).

First guest after his usual monologue. Terminal cancer.

What is going on with the national broadcaster?

• Advertisement

Sounds like Ryan’s having the hour off (I was going to say “day” but of course, that only applies to ordinary folk). I think I just caught a promo that Oliver Callan is taking today’s show

Oliver says Ryan will be back again tomorrow to continue the "confectionary debate".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Coffee cremes and barn brack.

Is he in Tubbs mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Sounds like Ryan’s having the hour off (I was going to say “day” but of course, that only applies to ordinary folk). I think I just caught a promo that Oliver Callan is taking today’s show

That made me giggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

The show is only one hour of 24 in the day. Is his day really that full of Toy Show stuff that he can't put in one hour in the morning. The indulgence of this man knows no bounds.

• Advertisement

Should really be in Black & White, no? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

God this is the longest story ever.

Wonderful, beautiful even, but sorely lacking in DEATH, MISFORTUNE, IMPENDING PAIN, WORRY, ANXIETY, FRAILTY.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299a2160cbdf8d79844e4d101a256f47920494038c&rid=giphy.gif

Needs a few puffins. Oh sorry, they don't exist.

sligojoek wrote: »

They're there, you just can't see them.

What it needs is The Flame of Fertility!

God this is the longest story ever.

You've not heard Mr. Duffy in full flow then caller.....;)

sligojoek wrote: »

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29a53afb8410e10d8855fdd4dcd7e4bc3c5df82ce9&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

His radio show the Late Late show and Joe Duffy are obsessed with death, have given up on the Late Late and the rest, when we need light entertainment like now RTE fail miserably .

Storm 10 wrote: »
    His radio show the Late Late show and Joe Duffy are obsessed with death, have given up on the Late Late and the rest, when we need light entertainment like now RTE fail miserably .

Don't forget RTE's amazing line of comedy such as:

Mrs Browinz Boyiz
    Upwardly Mobile
    The Cassidys
    Some Amy Huberman shoyte
    Some Stephanie Preissner shoyte
    Some Jason Byrne shoyte
    Some Ed Byrne shoyte
    Some Maeve Higgins shoyte
    Soem Alison Spittle shoyte
    Killinaskully
    Bridget & Eamonn
    Damo & Ivor
    RTE Destroys Comic Relief (apart from Rats from the Flats)

I could go on............

Even when they occasionally get it right - like once a decade - they then f*ck it up by basically censoring it (The Savage Eye) or there's just 1 season (Paths To Freedom). irish Pictorial Weekly had its moments too.

One of my sisters contends however that the bst comedy on RTE is "Fair City". She has a pint, as it's impossible to watch it without laughing.

Don't forget RTE's amazing line of comedy such as:

Mrs Browinz Boyiz
    Upwardly Mobile
    The Cassidys
    Some Amy Huberman shoyte
    Some Stephanie Preissner shoyte
    Some Jason Byrne shoyte
    Some Ed Byrne shoyte
    Some Maeve Higgins shoyte
    Soem Alison Spittle shoyte
    Killinaskully
    Bridget & Eamonn
    Damo & Ivor
    RTE Destroys Comic Relief (apart from Rats from the Flats)

I could go on............

Even when they occasionally get it right - like once a decade - they then f*ck it up by basically censoring it (The Savage Eye) or there's just 1 season (Paths To Freedom). irish Pictorial Weekly had its moments too.

One of my sisters contends however that the bst comedy on RTE is "Fair City". She has a pint, as it's impossible to watch it without laughing.

When Fair City first started out I generously gave of my opinion on the quality, or lack thereof of its screenwriting, at break time in the workplace. I was later taken aside to be told one of my colleagues was the main screenwriter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299a2160cbdf8d79844e4d101a256f47920494038c&rid=giphy.gif

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Donal Fallon is “our friend” apparently

Covid will not like that.

Is he a fcukin child?

Deliciously written.

"A deliciously written, beautiful, gorgeous book"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

If you describe every book as "beautiful and rare"; then none of them can be "beautiful and rare".

"children like me, over 3"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Trump x book = Tubridy²

3 over-emphaisesed "that"s and an over-empahsised "it" already.

Albert Nobbs is the film you're thinking of Tubs. Good to see you pay attention to your guests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

That glen close story just rambled off into gibberish mis sentence and then changed topic. Mentioned a 'gift' and then just changed topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement