Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anybody have a link to Liam Fays hatchet job on Tubridy.....i would love to read THAT!

Had a quick google, there's more than one it seems....but this is likely the offending article:
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liam-fay-twisted-tale-of-the-tubs-wh9xv6lqds0

Sadly, behind a paywall.....:(

Or this:
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/television-liam-fay-growth-industry-kv0hk3c0958

There's also this:
    https://twitter.com/SunTimesIreland/status/9389232736

And this, seems like Liam didn't like Bryan's buke about De Oirish in Engerland innit..
    https://twitter.com/LarryPDonnelly/status/415204995022454784

Seems like Liam isn't the only one....
    https://villagemagazine.ie/interview-film-director-john-carney/
    “Well I read Liam Fay in the Sunday Times and it was so timely about the Late Late Show and what that means and it’s great, someone really needed to say it”. Journalist Liam Fay called Ryan Tubridy, “a karaoke talk show host”, and wrote amongst other things, that his interviewing approach makes him “appear dated and smarmy”, and that he approaches his celebrity guests “like an oily supplicant”. “It’s a terrible, terrible show”, says Carney “and it’s hard to watch Ryan Tubridy impersonate all these [other hosts]. And I like him, Ryan Tubridy is a very nice guy, but for some reason when he’s on TV he has this sort of gossipy cheap light entertainment thing…”

I do like "the man wit the Toyshow in his hands"

I do like "the man wit the Toyshow in his hands"

I think Kate will be on TV this evening say that her song has been taken and used out of context, it was really about her first boyfriend, not Ryan.

It’s a bit like Dr Anthony Fauci being misused by The Donald! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

He's not a good egg then?
    :rolleyes::pac:

It's blatant bad-eggery

• Registered Users Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

But of course his brother is the neurologist.

Who, despite all his years of advanced training, is likely on less of a salary than this brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's not a good egg then?
    :rolleyes::pac:

Have you been reading those PG Wodehouse books again, Dougal?

• Advertisement

And I see Dermot Bannon is on the LLS this weekend.

Didn't take long.

NIMAN wrote: »

Didn't take long.

Jaysus. This must be Bannon's 14th appearance on the LLS.

RTE have been well and truly called out at this stage for churning out shít interviews with the same group of canteeners over and over.

Clearly they have no intention of trying to improve things. They're getting away it, and they will continue to do so.

Every time they wheel this gobshíte out, it's a big "fúck you" to the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Didn't take long.

All over the usual "journalistic" outlets again the last few days, then again isn't he one of NK's stable of high class media-tarts that he pimps around the place to the usual clients for a few shekels

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just talking to a friend on the Isle of Wight. She's as English as can be . Terry Wogan came up in conversation and it turned out we used both listen to him in the late 80s and early 90s. Me while "bottling up" in the pub and her while opening her shop. Wogan did something different every day. You never knew what was coming up. She said while Tubbs was in Terry's seat he wasn't liked among people she knew.

He needs to stop the repetition. It's the same silly stuff every day. He thinks the children of the nation are listening to him with bated breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just talking to a friend on the Isle of Wight. She's as English as can be . Terry Wogan came up in conversation and it turned out we used both listen to him in the late 80s and early 90s. Me while "bottling up" in the pub and her while opening her shop. Wogan did something different every day. You never knew what was coming up. She said while Tubbs was in Terry's seat he wasn't liked among people she knew.

He needs to stop the repetition. It's the same silly stuff every day. He thinks the children of the nation are listening to him with bated breath.

He can't stop it, he's incapable. The man has no life experience, is restless in everything he does, and is still self aware enough to know he's inadequate.

Watch him in a "big ticket" interview, rare as they are-he's afraid of his life.

Terry was a total contrast, witty, good humoured, and well able to take the mick out of himself. And he had a happy and fulfilled personal life.

I wouldn't trade with Tubridy in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Catch Tubridy taking the mick out of himself like this.

He'll do the musical numbers alright, but he'll spend nine months of the year preparing for them, and only, ONLY, if he's the centrepiece.

Who, despite all his years of advanced training, is likely on less of a salary than this brother.

If he’s on a Public only contract he most definitely is. If he’s both public and private, or private only, he’d be on more......

I’m not sure which contract he’s on, I’ll find out.

Even if he is on more though he’s working more hours in a week than Bryan does in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Terry was a total contrast, witty, good humoured, and well able to take the mick out of himself. And he had a happy and fulfilled personal life.

I wouldn't trade with Tubridy in the morning.

Well said! The gulf in broadcasting between Wogan and Tubridy is enormous. Wogan’s genuine good humour and care for his colleagues (Paulie Walters, Ray Moore, John Marsh etc) is in marked contrast to the blatantly faux bonhomie from “The Toyman”.

One was a broadcasting legend, who really understood the maxim of talking to one listener, the other is a charlatan, who tries to create the impression of speaking for a nation by constantly referring to “our friends”, “we’ll be talking to xyz” etc, etc.

In my opinion, that is.

Will the free Irish Christmas Cards for Tubridy have arrived yet?

What does The Boyman have in store for us today?

What does The Boyman have in store for us today?

Fake texts,
    Teachers,
    Books,
    Freebies,
    Toy show

Bryan is very happy to be with us THIS MORNING!
    If Fungi is safe, everything IS GOOD!
    THAT'S good news.
    The "Mr. Chips", the "Captain! My Captain!"! Isn't it "Oh Captain! My Captain!"?
    When the vaccine comes...... When's that Bryan?
    Don't eat your car park ticket - NOT. GOOD.
    Delicious! Curry Sauce!

Bonkers!
    Marathon runner runs 49miles.
    Play "The Flaming Lips" says "a fan". "I will" sez Bryan. "but I lied". "I'll tell you about their gig instead".
    Zorbing - GREAT FUN!
    Lily James being a little naughty. 3 stars, not so hot. That's the headline THERE!

Everything in CAPS and BOLD was over-emphasised.

That didn't happen on the pier.

They must be putting hallucinogenics in Teddy's ice cream.

Free loose leaf tea
    Free bread knives

It’s 9.12

FREE BREAD KNIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Advertising leakage - something Dee 4Bes promised to cut down on many years ago.

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WORKS!

(more over-emphasised words)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

So that's recently:
    Unknown volume of free books
    Free bespoke jewellery x 2
    Free essential oils for mask
    Free buns from bewleys
    Free trip on the navy ship
    Free 8 Glasses cases
    Free accessory for vinal record player
    Free flowers
    Yop Fruit of the Forest and Yakult
    Holland and figges supply
    Free Calm App
    Free Scents of Ireland commercial air diffuser and scents
    Epicurean Delights (i.e. Grub)
    Watercolour
    Candles
     A book about Elvis' comeback in 68
    Waterford Famine Buke
    Free pints
    Free sweets from shandans
    Free loose leaf tea
    Free bread knives
    Free candles

A big TYFYS to those who flag what I miss.

George's Marvellous Medicine.

Fúck off. "how about that?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

What was that stuff that he said he was like a chemist mixing? Wickless candles? Is that seperate from the other candles mentioned?

All over the usual "journalistic" outlets again the last few days, then again isn't he one of NK's stable of high class media-tarts that he pimps around the place to the usual clients for a few shekels

Yeah funny enough I read the guest list on the DerryNow or Derry Journal website. They have a section every week entitled "The late late show line-up announced ", and i was wondering why it would be such a thing for a Derry based news outlet.

Obviously just filler material that these websites pull from some centre point.

FREE BREAD KNIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't they hazardous to de Toyman?

PieOhMy wrote: »
    What was that stuff that he said he was like a chemist mixing? Wickless candles? Is that seperate from the other candles mentioned?

Not sure. It's hard to follow him with all the absolute bollix he talks.

More texts written by the staff.

There is absolutely nothing of substance in this show. It’s a smorgasbord of disconnected clippings from the papers, makey-upey texts, tweets, Instagram posts, unsubtle pleas for freebies which wanders its way around, lost in the brain fog.

There is no comparison whatsoever between Ryan and the relaxed, genial, jocular manner and humanity of Terry Wogan

• Advertisement

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299942859ac6324fdec5873ca1c27a7d0394301161&rid=giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement