Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Just woke up and flicked on the radio. I'm not even joking but the first word I heard was 'hospital'. Welcome to a day on rte.
    sometimes I move the dial and pick up hospital radio from...portrane

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I think this freebie might have been missed.

Anyone want to rename it to “Ryan’s Little Jar of Despair” or some such?

(Not my photo).

530285.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

530285.jpeg

FFS.
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

The suit makes him look like Henry Sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Hmmmm unless its mentioned specifically I'd be reluctant to add it to the list. It is possible (unlikely) that it was a gift from a colleague or something just as a nice gesture or a bit of craic as can happen in offices. I wouldn't like to compromise the lists credentials, as we know - truth matters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

It's incredible that he lives in this bubble where the Late Late Show is this massive rollercoaster of success, he is in fact The Greatest Showman, negative critiques of the show (like Larissa Nolan's article last week, or John Carney's comments about him) simply do not exist, and the Toy Show is the highlight of all kid's year - it's cancellation would be akin to Kris Kringle being found guilty of fraud in Miracle On 34th Street. The man is completely delusional.

But given the times that we are in, maybe living in denial is better for you.

It's incredible that he lives in this bubble where the Late Late Show is this massive rollercoaster of success, he is in fact The Greatest Showman, negative critiques of the show (like Larissa Nolan's article last week, or John Carney's comments about him) simply do not exist, and the Toy Show is the highlight of all kid's year - it's cancellation would be akin to Kris Kringle being found guilty of fraud in Miracle On 34th Street. The man is completely delusional.

But given the times that we are in, maybe living in denial is better for you.

Oliver Callan did a brief background sound bite in his Kicks this evening of Tubridy going on about Christmas show not being cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Oliver Callan did a brief background sound bite in his Kicks this evening of Tubridy going on about Christmas show not being cancelled.

I heard it Cat, he hit the exact mark. I can envisage the narrative on the RTE website on the Saturday after the Toy Show - "Tubridy Saves Christmas"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Great thread here about the Late Late in the Television forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058124805

Marty Morrissey and Brek (Brenda) in for Tubs Z this morning (the top talent can’t be expected to work on Bank Holiday Monday’s). It’s actually worse than Tubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

This interviewee sounds like a mirror image of Marty.

They’re playing Marty’s jingles, but the app is displaying it as Tubs Z’s Show. Bonkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Marty Morrissey and Brek (Brenda) in for Tubs Z this morning (the top talent can’t be expected to work on Bank Holiday Monday’s). It’s actually worse than Tubs.

Tubbs is so good it takes two people to do his job

sligojoek wrote: »
    Tubbs is so good it takes two people to do his job

Thanks for the giggle.

Marty learning from the Master Of Freebies giving John Fitzpatrick and his NY Hotels a nice auld extended plug-een there. Should be good for a few nights free accommodation or at least an upgrade to The Presidential Suite next time Marty is in NY.

Good to see Marty’s Gaeilge is right up there with Mr. Duffy’s :rolleyes:.....come to think of it, has anyone ever heard Tubs Z speaking Irish?

Wow, Marty is going for a second hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Was interested in the mccarthy basketball commentator interview there until he had to draw down prostate cancer, enough already on a bank holiday morning

Was interested in the mccarthy basketball commentator interview there until he had to draw down prostate cancer, enough already on a bank holiday morning

Missed that as had tuned out before then.

I know Timmy from my basketball playing days. Will have to listen back now. He was a great player, terrible commentator though if you know the game well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I know Timmy from my basketball playing days. Will have to listen back now. He was a great player, terrible commentator though if you know the game well!

Boom-shacka-lakka

Boom-shacka-lakka

Please don’t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did you ever see the CYE episode where Larry David tripped Shaquille O'Neal as he was preparing to come on?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Did you ever see the CYE episode where Larry David tripped Shaquille O'Neal as he was preparing to come on?

Of course caller!

I actually believe at times I’m the Irish reincarnation of Larry David such are the people I come into contact with on a regular basis, an example of which was yesterday on the radio thread debating why we have more stringent lockdown measures than other countries which largely fell on deaf ears. Ears that weren’t being used to hold masks in place I suspect.

I know I shouldn’t be giving him ideas but has the Boyman told us how many sleeps there are until three Toy Show yet?

I know I shouldn’t be giving him ideas but has the Boyman told us how many sleeps there are until three Toy Show yet?
    i hope you did not hear him about the teachers, getting a well earned rest (week off)

Friends!
    A short week, THAT’S good news!

I’ve news for you Bryan, every week is a short week for you.

A little rain, with a side-serving of sunshine.

“Dja member”

Books. I’m shocked.

this guy from outside Dundalk, Tommy Smyth...Smith with a Whoy...does the soccerball commentary in the states

hqdefault.jpg
    Please don’t!

• Advertisement

Beautiful book. Tremendous.
    Ask me bollix. I’m out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement