Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

It's called a one man show you spanner. And it is not that rare. Patrick Stewart recorded a one man show of A Christmas Carol about 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

sligojoek wrote: »
    Christmas FM

Gorgeous
    Gorgeous
    Gorgeous
    gob****e in the office would have this on in july if it was possible

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Halloween is recalibrated ;)

Ask you're parents what that means ;)

Just texted the show:

Serious question. Shouldn't the Ryan Tubridy Show be on RTÉ Junior? 90% of the programme is aimed at children.

I’m absolutely certain it will be read out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

that was not me texting in about the fake dog poo..white if possible

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It's called a one man show you spanner. And it is not that rare. Patrick Stewart recorded a one man show of A Christmas Carol about 20 years ago.

He made it so :)

• Advertisement

dvcireland wrote: »
    that was not me texting in about the fake dog poo..white if possible

I’m sure Young Ryan referred to dog’s “doo-doo”, so you are in the clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You never told me you worked in RTE.

A teacher.

What a surprise.

Is there a cancer story in this?

There’s a death, I bet. And maybe more than one.

• Advertisement

Probably. I am really hoping it's not a dead child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Let's have a whip around for the Christmas lights in loughrea

This!

ridiculous thing to be asking people to donate to.

The show is now dedicated to telling you where to spend your money.

Have you taken notes of what you're to do?

loughrea town lights.
    a joke shop that Tubridy likes
    a one man play.
    jack and jill candles.

Pretty sure there were more.

He goes on about how much people are struggling financially and then he's telling people to spend their money funding Christmas lights. What a twat.

He has lost the ability to pronounce the word children,even in a semi serious conversation

Terribly sad story.

But Tubridy, having said at the outset that he wanted to revisit the story after 3 years, can't really now say that he doesn't want to go into the sad details.

"Let's all be happy and keep our spirits up in all this doom and gloom. Now here is someone to tell a story about there deceased child".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

RTE Website says:

The Ryan Tubridy Show is a fast paced entertaining and informative sixty minutes of morning radio.

Next up, mother and baby homes.

Why is this on? Other than to satisfy RTE's obcession with death and misery.

Salve. He was using that word yesterday. Must have seen it in a book over the weekend.

Salve. He was using that word yesterday. Must have seen it in a book over the weekend.

Or read it on the ointment that he was putting on his grazed knees following a fall off the swings

Micro kindnesses

Honestly it's just an easy way to fill a half hour.

Its very jarring and a little tasteless. At the start of the show. He was talking to children as if they listen to the show. Then "we all need to be happy think of the good things. Block out all the sadness". And now a mother talking about the tagic death of her daughter.

Fup that, I am out. Back to Kenny in the mornings.

• Advertisement

Ryan made a new friend today.

“I hope we can be friends”

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bryan would have it on in July too, if he wasn’t on holidays.

"That wasn't easy for you".

It would of been a lot easier if you didn't prod her trying to find out all the heartbreaking details.

Let her come on explain what happened. The spend the rest of the half hour explaining the challenge and what they so with the money.

An emotional vampire. Feeding off people's misery.
    It's disgusting

The Beatles.

What a shock!

Beatles shyte to fill in time ..then an ad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

"That wasn't easy for you".

It would of been a lot easier if you didn't prod her trying to find out all the heartbreaking details.

Let her come on explain what happened. The spend the rest of the half hour explaining the challenge and what they so with the money.

An emotional vampire. Feeding off people's misery.
    It's disgusting

He's only the Grasshopper to Mr. Duffy's Master Po.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

He's only the Grasshopper to Mr. Duffy's Master Po.

Indeed, Tubbs has not yet learned to walk the rice paper of ghoulish, macabre interview techniques.

If ye boardsies were producing/hosting the Tubridy morning show how would you do it?

Personally I'd start off with a small bit up upbeat chatter, not too much waffle, just a short warm up. I'd follow up with a short interview with somebody with a light-hearted jocular take on life, even the bad stuff. Then I'd play an upbeat song, with a short bit of chatter at the end of it. Then a chatter with a guest about a brand new bobby, where they return on a later show to see how they are getting on. Then some other end filler of current interest that isn't inane repetitious waffle, is positive, and devoid of any element of misery and doesn't keep going on about Christmas.

You've heard the new shocks of the day on morning Ireland, you know they are going to be expanded upon during the Today Show, and either misery or tedium on Joe Duffy, a magazine show on Farcy that may have misery but is perhaps slightly better handled and not inevitable, then more shocking news at Drivetime and News, and if it's Friday the most miserable slot will be before bedtime. Chance for RTÉ to give us a little genuine upbeat between 9 and 10, with a recipe completely different to Tubridy's.

Any ideas of yer own to fill that time slot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭StevenToast

If ye boardsies were producing/hosting the Tubridy morning show how would you do it?

Personally I'd start off with a small bit up upbeat chatter, not too much waffle, just a short warm up. I'd follow up with a short interview with somebody with a light-hearted jocular take on life, even the bad stuff. Then I'd play an upbeat song, with a short bit of chatter at the end of it. Then a chatter with a guest about a brand new bobby, where they return on a later show to see how they are getting on. Then some other end filler of current interest that isn't inane repetitious waffle, is positive, and devoid of any element of misery and doesn't keep going on about Christmas.

You've heard the new shocks of the day on morning Ireland, you know they are going to be expanded upon during the Today Show, and either misery or tedium on Joe Duffy, a magazine show on Farcy that may have misery but is perhaps slightly better handled and not inevitable, then more shocking news at Drivetime and News, and if it's Friday the most miserable slot will be before bedtime. Chance for RTÉ to give us a little genuine upbeat between 9 and 10, with a recipe completely different to Tubridy's.

Any ideas of yer own to fill that time slot?

Yes, heres an idea...

Do a simulcast of rte gold or lyric fm for the hour....do away with that overpaid, talentless dlb.....

Cost effective....i guarantee no one would complain outside of NK management...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement