Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,630 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

sligojoek wrote: »
    When is the toy show on?

Next Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thanks. I'd never have known otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

When is the toy show on?

The way he keeps plugging this really gets to me, particularly when he has completely ignored the response to the Peter Casey show. It's like he wants to remind people about his positive performances in the hope that they will all forget his pitiful, childish performance with Casey.

The Ryan Tubridy Show where you can cash in on your misery.

Seems like Ryan feels that the coast is clear again and it's okay to start mentioning the late late show again.

Toy show
    RTE Guide
    Late Late Show last Friday
    Paul McCartney
    Late Late Show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

What? no cancer, no books, no Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Jesus. He's one tiring cnut to listen to.

"i don't like reality tv but I love books"

"I dont like social networking, but I love books"

"I dont like having a big television, because book shelves are nicer"

"I dont like using emails, I only like hand-written letters"

All of this sh*te roughly translates as, "I'm so well-read and intellectual that I'm just not compatible with the modern world"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Paul McCartney
    Toy show
    Books
    Acting the maggot.

Just waiting on Trump now.

He's not big on the Good News stories, is he?

Peculiar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

What is the point of this one? Is she flogging a book or something?

"You have no movement from the chest down............. but the rest of you is moving just brilliantly".

Dear God.

I’d almost welcome back more trump talk!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

how insulting the girl has a spinal cord injury ffs

Leilak wrote: »
    how insulting the girl has a spinal cord injury ffs

This thread is not aimed at the guests rather the presenter and his love of all things miserable and tragic. Its the same stuff every day. Rinse and repeat. Although I did ask why she was on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Derek in in the morning.
    Even has his show under his own name.
    Looking forward to this even if he has Brenda with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I normally wouldn't be able for Derek, esp at this hour of the morning - but I want to hear the Master Mariner interview!

Listening now Heidi. Very interesting.
    Slightly OT but you may remember a conversation we had about Ciaran Devaney on the Tory island thread.
    I had a pint with him in Rosses Point on Sunday. He's finished his chemo treatment and the prognosis is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Listening now Heidi. Very interesting.
    Slightly OT but you may remember a conversation we had about Ciaran Devaney on the Tory island thread.
    I had a pint with him in Rosses Point on Sunday. He's finished his chemo treatment and the prognosis is good.
    Well that's good news, esp in light of the recent death of Patsy Dan, RIP.

I wish him well.

That show was a breath of fresh air. There wasn't a mention of death, serious illness or dying/dead children.

• Advertisement

Tubbs sounded great this morning.......

• Registered Users Posts: 72,630 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Never a big fan of Derek, but he sure makes a refreshing change from hearing about Trump, bukes and misery p0rn.

:)

What a nice change for a few days. No US Presidents, books, Beatles, jelly beans, acting the maggot, peculiar, bonkers.
    Mooney has copped himself on, not a word about Eurovision, Jedward or Mary Button.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

I was never a huge fan of Derek but by God when you compare the Tubs show and horror of horrors the Darcy show he is like a breath of fresh air. Even if he did go off on his dolphin in the Liffey stuff this morning. Shur its allowed is`nt it

Good to hear Mooney back again this morning. Far better than Tubridy, better enthusiasm and better range of topics - tends to discuss things that are of importance to other people and not just himself.

And on the Toy Show, you really would have to wonder where RTE priorities are. Tubridy takes two days off to prepare for the toy show, a novelty show that is for kids, and talks about it for weeks before and weeks after. Tubridy has a high profile interview with Peter Casey, puts little or no preparation in to it, and refuses to discuss it in the weeks after because it is such an absolute mess. Maybe they should give him two days off the next time there's an important adult guest on the show.

Gay Byrne could do a very good toy show without taking any time off from his radio show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Tubbs is probably off learning some choreography or getting some last minute tap lessons. He has such a wonderful affinity with children, it's so heart-warming to see. Kinda reminds me of this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭hawley

Good to hear Mooney back again this morning. Far better than Tubridy, better enthusiasm and better range of topics - tends to discuss things that are of importance to other people and not just himself.

And on the Toy Show, you really would have to wonder where RTE priorities are. Tubridy takes two days off to prepare for the toy show, a novelty show that is for kids, and talks about it for weeks before and weeks after. Tubridy has a high profile interview with Peter Casey, puts little or no preparation in to it, and refuses to discuss it in the weeks after because it is such an absolute mess. Maybe they should give him two days off the next time there's an important adult guest on the show.

It's all about him, no matter what he keeps saying. It's a massive ego trip for him, being the centre of attention. Look at the poster in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

hawley wrote: »
    It's all about him, no matter what he keeps saying. It's a massive ego trip for him, being the centre of attention. Look at the poster in the photo.

On the money there.

Judging by his self-righteous rants the last few weeks, the Toy Show is going to be one big excuse for him to show everyone how empathetic he is to kids who have trouble fitting in for one reason or another.

• Advertisement

Newstalk did a promo item on the Toy Show this morning .
    I never listen to Ryan Tubridy on the radio and haven’t watched the LLS since the Peter Casey debacle . So I’m not a regular follower of his .

I actually think there’s something a little strange and off about his fascination with children . In one clip this morning he actually said he loves when the kids hug his legs “really tightly “. Imagine if Gaybo or Pat had said that ?

I know it’s probably all very innocent and childlike but it’s all a bit strange . Gaybo and Pat were better as they still acted like adults slightly bemused at trying to put toys together or get them to work. You could empathize with them throwing their eyes up to heaven . We all do this.

But Tubridy is different. He becomes a child himself and it’s just weird .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement