Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The Tubridy team must be reading the thread again.

After months of shameless bragging about the daily bribes he gets sent in, today he tells people that he doesn't want free stuff at all! He even made the token suggestion of sending stuff to charity instead.

Unbelievable how long it took for the penny to drop on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭hawley

https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/rtes-ryan-tubridy-gives-epic-22930142
    Ryan Tubridy dropped yet another teaser this morning as public excitement reaches fever pitch ahead of next month's Late Late Toy Show.
    And the Dubliner revealed to listeners of his cult RTE radio show that he's taking a week-long break to ensure he's in tip-top shape ahead of the big night.
    "I'm not with you next week – I'm taking a few days to regroup with the Toy Show coming up," Tubs said this morning."It's going to be epic, and I really want to be match fit for it."The 47-year-old – who lights up the airwaves five days a week – signalled his intent to "take a few days off".

Tubridy also revealed his plans for the few days off, with the US presidential election – which will be held next Tuesday – leaving him audibly exhilarated.
    "The election falls on Tuesday night, so I'm thinking of pulling an all-nighter, and going for it," said Tubs, sounding like a child ahead of Christmas morning."And maybe get a few beers in, and watch it through the night.Because it's too good – it's too historic – not to be watching on the hoof."He even went as far as to urge Ireland's parents to allow their children to witness the historic event, which pits President Donald Trump against Democratic candidate Joe Biden."If you had a kid, I'd say take the Wednesday off and watch it – watch history.Don't learn about it in 10 years, watch it now. It's too interesting." But Tubridy was tight-lipped when it comes to issuing any prediction about which way the election might go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

The Tubridy team must be reading the thread again.

After months of shameless bragging about the daily bribes he gets sent in, today he tells people that he doesn't want free stuff at all! He even made the token suggestion of sending stuff to charity instead.

Unbelievable how long it took for the penny to drop on that one.

This is great to hear. Not that I believe them for a second but just an acknowledgement that they see their embarrassing reflection in the mirror held up to them. The isntrgram page may be another source of freebies for the list if anyone is willing to make that sacrifice and monitor it.

hawley wrote: »
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/rtes-ryan-tubridy-gives-epic-22930142
    Ryan Tubridy dropped yet another teaser this morning as public excitement reaches fever pitch ahead of next month's Late Late Toy Show.
    And the Dubliner revealed to listeners of his cult RTE radio show that he's taking a week-long break to ensure he's in tip-top shape ahead of the big night.
    "I'm not with you next week – I'm taking a few days to regroup with the Toy Show coming up," Tubs said this morning."It's going to be epic, and I really want to be match fit for it."The 47-year-old – who lights up the airwaves five days a week – signalled his intent to "take a few days off".

Tubridy also revealed his plans for the few days off, with the US presidential election – which will be held next Tuesday – leaving him audibly exhilarated.
    "The election falls on Tuesday night, so I'm thinking of pulling an all-nighter, and going for it," said Tubs, sounding like a child ahead of Christmas morning."And maybe get a few beers in, and watch it through the night.Because it's too good – it's too historic – not to be watching on the hoof."He even went as far as to urge Ireland's parents to allow their children to witness the historic event, which pits President Donald Trump against Democratic candidate Joe Biden."If you had a kid, I'd say take the Wednesday off and watch it – watch history.Don't learn about it in 10 years, watch it now. It's too interesting." But Tubridy was tight-lipped when it comes to issuing any prediction about which way the election might go.

Not wishing the man any bad fortune etc, but what are they goi g to do if, eg, Tubridy was required to technically self-isolate during the all-critical Toy Show. What then, get Dustin as a stand-in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭hawley

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I did a 'ctrl F' search on the mirror home page last week for 'Tubridy' and the word was featured 12 times. Theres an 'article's every day about that days show and then the other ones about the toy show. It's hard to know if its paid promotion or if the paper is just looking for content. No other shows get that treatment so it makes me suspect the former. Any thoughts?

There's at least eight articles featuring him in the last twenty four hours. Far more than any other Irish personality. It does seem like a publicity campaign, especially trying to generate interest in the Toy Show. It seems like they're trying to turn it into a worldwide event. He is even in newspapers from Saudi Arabia and the UAE over the last few weeks.
    https://alkhaleejtoday.co/entertainment/5224900/RTE-presenter-Ryan-Tubridy-is-amazed-at-the-new-grim-lockdown.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I really don't understand how he equates staying up all night drinking beer and watching TV as "ensuring that he is match fit for the late late toy show". Such absolute rubbish. And needing to take a week off to prepare for the Toy Show - does he realise that he is speaking to adults and not the actual Toy Show audience? You would think some of the supposed grown ups in RTE would have put an end to this, as it makes them all look ridiculous.

hawley wrote: »
    There's at least eight articles featuring him in the last twenty four hours. Far more than any other Irish personality. It does seem like a publicity campaign, especially trying to generate interest in the Toy Show. It seems like they're trying to turn it into a worldwide event. He is even in newspapers from Saudi Arabia and the UAE over the last few weeks.
    https://alkhaleejtoday.co/entertainment/5224900/RTE-presenter-Ryan-Tubridy-is-amazed-at-the-new-grim-lockdown.html

Noel Kelly Talent Management. Global Reach. :pac:

I find it all completely vacuous stuff. Time for a change at the helm of the LLS - let alone the radio show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Noel Kelly Talent Management. Global Reach. :pac:

I find it all completely vacuous stuff. Time for a change at the helm of the LLS - let alone the radio show

Should be called NED KELLY talent management for anybody stealing a living!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not wishing the man any bad fortune etc, but what are they goi g to do if, eg, Tubridy was required to technically self-isolate during the all-critical Toy Show. What then, get Dustin as a stand-in?

It would be a delicious irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Dustin is vastly overqualified.;)

• Advertisement

I really don't understand how he equates staying up all night drinking beer and watching TV as "ensuring that he is match fit for the late late toy show". Such absolute rubbish. And needing to take a week off to prepare for the Toy Show - does he realise that he is speaking to adults and not the actual Toy Show audience? You would think some of the supposed grown ups in RTE would have put an end to this, as it makes them all look ridiculous.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d251027f36b862c34836d6b42fa4f55b4a8bc6b4&rid=giphy.gif

Dustin is vastly overqualified.;)

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297934a055a45d7e97d7961addc3ad036c79787bf9&rid=giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295f48c480c8e4aaff0aa2128a63a0788b1ccfa014&rid=giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

God I really like Callan but this is awful. It's like they gave him the script and said "don't you dare deviate from this nonsense Ryan was going to do".

So he's put on his best (inoffensive) Ryan impersonation and he's just done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

s1ippy wrote: »
    God I really like Callan but this is awful. It's like they gave him the script and said "don't you dare deviate from this nonsense Ryan was going to do".

The guy knows which side his bread is buttered on.

He must think that folk are total fools though, spends the first seven or eight minutes attacking Varadkar and then slips in the’ I’m only doing this through the comedic prism of course’.... does he not realise people read his tweets and journalistic garbage on the rags he ‘writes’ for.

People are not idiots...

s1ippy wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. I don't mind Callan but this show is abysmal.

What was the craic with the interview with the posh teacher about handwritten letters than she hasn't even read?! There's no getting away from Tubridy, even when he's on holidays (though it would have been way worse to have to listen to HIM interview her)

I don't think the show can be fixed because it is entirely based on Tubridy's persona. Total overhaul needed. Remove him and his producers as they seem to be incapable of churning out anything else other than this kind of drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Jesus, this is dreadful radio. Dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jesus, this is dreadful radio. Dreadful.

What? I thought Tubs was off this week?
    :pac:;)

Callan seriously needs to up his game if he wants to continue replacing BoyMan.

The woman with the alcohol problem didn't shed any tears at all. Missed a trick there. And he didn't mention teachers, schools, or books once. Wouldn't like to see his next performance review.

At least he did Trump impressions, I suppose.

I went in to my boss today and I asked "Can I have the week off because I need to dress up like a clown on Friday night and do a stupid dance?"

Surprisingly they said no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

I went in to my boss today and I asked "Can I have the week off because I need to dress up like a clown on Friday night and do a stupid dance?"

"...remember Kindness is not just for Christmas.."

215px-The_Wizard_of_Oz_Ray_Bolger_1939.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I can’t listen to Callan’s voice..

But answer me this..

Did Tubridy say he’d be off this week due to the U.S. election? That he wanted to ingest it in-depth?

walshb wrote: »
    I can’t listen to Callan’s voice..

But answer me this..

Did Tubridy say he’d be off this week due to the U.S. election? That he wanted to ingest it in-depth?

He said he was taking week off because he had been preparing for the Toy Show.

He is incapable of realising how spoiled such a comment sounds. The reality of work is alien to him.

The election wasn't stated as the reason but he did say he wanted to have a party and pull an all-nighter for it. He was always going to get a week off before the Toy Show, he just made sure it happened this week.

Every year as the Toy Show gets nearer, his disregard for responsibilities gets even worse than normal. Major bang of entitlement around it.

I would imagine that even with the Toy show approaching, he still doesn't come anywhere near to doing full-time work. Deluded fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm glad he's taken the week off. I haven't heard a word about the toyshow since last week.

If I tried that, I think they might give me the week off

And the following week

And the following week

You see where I’m going. Out of the door.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Most normal workers get 1.5 days holidays for each month.

But not if you work for rte it appears.

I'd say it's squeaky bum time at Chez Tubridy at the moment. Getting flashbacks of the tears when Hilary lost the last time.

#PrayForToyman

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I hear that once again Callan has to get the boot into Varadkar to kick off the show.

Seems to be his go to target to kick off the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I'd say it's squeaky bum time at Chez Tubridy at the moment. Getting flashbacks of the tears when Hilary lost the last time.

#PrayForToyman
    This is the one and only reason I hope Trump does it. Not just to make RT cry ;) but those like the fool.

I can't stand either Trump/Pence/Rep party or Biden/Harris/Dem party, both are corporatist Wall Street parties, D's being worse IMO as they pretend to be on the working class side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I couldn't give a monkey's who wins, my life will go on exactly the same.

But to listen to rte and it's obvious anti Trump bias of late, I would have a laugh if he wins again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement