Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

If Trump loses, will Tubridy finally shut the fúck about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

NIMAN wrote: »
    I couldn't give a monkey's who wins, my life will go on exactly the same.

But to listen to rte and it's obvious anti Trump bias of late, I would have a laugh if he wins again.

Retired lad on a civil service pension you must be?

Otherwise I can’t see how you won’t be affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I couldn't give a monkey's who wins, my life will go on exactly the same. But to listen to rte and it's obvious anti Trump bias of late, I would have a laugh if he wins again.

The fact that they can give him no coverage at all for not starting any wars - something that almost every contributor to RTE pre-2016 said that he would do. How many bombs did liberal hero Barrack Obama drop?

The fact that Tubridy himself can spend the week giving out about Trump and his relations with women, and then give a fawning interview with Bill Clinton to sell his book - this tells you all you need to know about how RTE cover American politics. I agree with all candidates being criticised when they do wrong, but it seems like RTE always has blind spots for the Democratic candidates.

The fact that they can give him no coverage at all for not starting any wars - something that almost every contributor to RTE pre-2016 said that he would do. How many bombs did liberal hero Barrack Obama drop?

The fact that Tubridy himself can spend the week giving out about Trump and his relations with women, and then give a fawning interview with Bill Clinton to sell his book - this tells you all you need to know about how RTE cover American politics. I agree with all candidates being criticised when they do wrong, but it seems like RTE always has blind spots for the Democratic candidates.

Obama cleaned up the kip before he took over.

Did the heavy lifting.

Took out the perps......

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Retired lad on a civil service pension you must be?

Otherwise I can’t see how you won’t be affected.

I wish.

I work for a multinational and my life this last 4 years when Trump was in charge has been unaffected. Not sure why another 4 years would definitely affect me?

• Advertisement

Oh god will you shut up with the american election. It was bad enough with the other eejit.

Obama cleaned up the kip before he took over.
    Some parts of the world might not see Obama through the rose-tinted glasses that most do.

Warmonger.

But anyway, back to discussing the show....does Tubs write the script for Callan? I could just imagine Tubs speaking those words this morning.

Someone in Ireland texts in "after 4 miserable years, salvation at last".

Sweet Jesus, if your life was miserable for the last 4 years because Trump was POTUS, you need to assess your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Is Tubridy off this week because of the US election?

Probably a mix of that and his hectic preparations for the oh-so-important toy show.

• Advertisement

Is Tubridy off this week because of the US election?

I thought he was off in preparation for the Toy Show then I realised that it is not even on this week. The whole show in that RTE place is a complete joke.

Ryan: "I need to take a week off to practice my dance and costume".
    Manager: "Are you sure that's enough, we can give you two if you really need it. RTE and Ireland needs the Toy Show to be that one single unifying thing that lifts us out of COVID"

Probably a mix of that and his hectic preparations for the oh-so-important toy show.

The grown up men (and women) children will have their opportunity to watch the business show friday 6th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

how can anyone in Ireland think the US election wont affect them? Ireland and particularly Dublin would be a backward bleak economic cesspit of poverty and depression without american investment (albeit our tax haven status doesn't do any harm)..

without america its still the commitments in Dublin, and Butcher Boy in Limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

gourcuff wrote: »
    how can anyone in Ireland think the US election wont affect them? Ireland and particularly Dublin would be a backward bleak economic cesspit of poverty and depression without american investment (albeit our tax haven status doesn't do any harm)..

without america its still the commitments in Dublin, and Butcher Boy in Limerick...

Do you mean angelas ashes in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

gourcuff wrote: »

Was that not Cavan?

Busy week, is the BoyMan Toyshow tonight? Not that I'll be watching..............

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Was that not Cavan?

Was that not Monaghan?

clones - you're right, angelas ashes i meant

Busy week, is the BoyMan Toyshow tonight? Not that I'll be watching..............

No .

Jennifer O’Brien writes:

In October, Ryan Tubridy issued an impassioned call-out for local small-to-medium sized Irish businesses to get in touch

Tomorrow, The Late Late Show will be dedicated to promoting Irish businesses across various sectors who have had to close their doors and adapt accordingly to survive.

Singer Niall Horan will speak to Ryan about how the music industry has been affected by Covid shutdowns…

Deirdre O’Kane, will discuss changes in the comedy scene…

And experts including Diarmuid Gavin, Anna Geary, Kevin Dundon, and Roisin Murphy will showcase some of their favourite businesses…

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amlinopta

No, it’s not for another three weeks. Presumably another break to follow in the aftermath, ahead of the Christmas break.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    No .

Jennifer O’Brien writes:

In October, Ryan Tubridy issued an impassioned call-out for local small-to-medium sized Irish businesses to get in touch

Tomorrow, The Late Late Show will be dedicated to promoting Irish businesses across various sectors who have had to close their doors and adapt accordingly to survive.

Singer Niall Horan will speak to Ryan about how the music industry has been affected by Covid shutdowns…

And experts including Diarmuid Gavin, Anna Geary, Kevin Dundon, and Roisin Murphy will showcase some of their favourite businesses…

All the usuals, so.

No .

Jennifer O’Brien writes:

Experts on self-promotion from the Noel Kelly Agency?

Was that not Monaghan?

From memory, de buke was set in Cavan and de mooooovie filum was filmed in Cavan/Monaghan, with the character relocated to Clones so to speak?

Could be completely wrong this of course, long time since I read de buke or watched de mooooovie.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amlinopta

No .

Jennifer O’Brien writes:

What class of an expert is Anna Geary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Deirdre O'Kane has yet another bloody talkshow starting tomorrow night so on she goes, means Jennifer O'Brien.

No .

Jennifer O’Brien writes:

Niall Hoan (est. net worth north of €70million) will really be able to express the plight of the average pub singer........

Deirdre O'Kane has been seriously affected by COVID. Got to host the RTE "Comedy" Red Nose Day (lol) and is getting a new show. It's been very good for her!

Diarmuid Gavin (another Noel Kelly stablemate) will be on to tell us about the fall in sales of his luxury paving collection by Kilsaran Concrete.

Is that ex-Moloko songstress Roisin Murphy? Or some other Roisin Murphy?

amlinopta wrote: »
    What class of an expert is Anna Geary?

As above, expert in self-promotion.

From memory, de buke was set in Cavan and de mooooovie filum was filmed in Cavan/Monaghan, with the character relocated to Clones so to speak?

Could be completely wrong this of course, long time since I read de buke or watched de mooooovie.

You could be right. Doing some rough mental arithmetic, I'd say it was 2004 when I read the book. I saw the film before that but it's all a blank now.

As above, expert in self-promotion.

pretty sexy though..

• Advertisement

Somehow at some stage I must have clicked something that has RSVP posting notifications on my screen. This just popped up:

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/rtes-ryan-tubridy-confirms-date-22967817

"The vaccine is coming" according to Tubs in the video in the link above. Nothing irresponsible there in that comment at all is there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement