Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A bonkers schedule over the next few weeks. More work than usual with the Toy Show. €500k.

Not sure I'm buying this claim as it wasn't followed by either "so I am" or "so I am hi". ;)

No bother, I’m in Draw-da and I think I’d need to be a bit further north to be allowed us those words

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Joe-sus Christ

No ordinary Inspector Dufficau

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

amlinopta wrote: »
    More work than usual with the Toy Show. €500k.

More work than usual still means less than what most ordinary workers do for a fraction of his wages.

He loves to make it sound like he's just so busy, that he is being worked to the bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,784 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Honest question here now - why do people listen to radio shows that they obviously don't like?

I mean - of course we all love to tune in to da Laahhvvline but surely time could be better spent ;)

People enjoy giving out. Would be no liveline or even boards.ie without that fact.
    There is one fella (for example) that hates the way Tubridy puts emphasis on the word 'that' and reminds this thread of the fact 3/4 times a day. :D.

I don't really listen to the show. But I find it amusing watching others giving themselves ulcers over very little. Which is why I follow this thread. Way more entertaining than the show itself. I have a quick look and wonder what did they give out about today?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

People enjoy giving out. Would be no liveline or even boards.ie without that fact.
    There is one fella (for example) that hates the way Tubridy puts emphasis on the word 'that' and reminds this thread of the fact 3/4 times a day. :D.

I don't really listen to the show. But I find it amusing watching others giving themselves ulcers over very little. Which is why I follow this thread. Way more entertaining than the show itself. I have a quick look and wonder what did they give out about today?

I like THAT guy.

Also, can't you show a little kindness? ;)

Don't give myself ulcers btw; just laugh at the piss poor "quality" of the offering from the state broadcaster and then cry a little on the inside (note: not actually) when i think of the fees these muppets take from the public coffers for their upkeep so to speak. As someone who paid €160 in the last week for my TV licence it warms the cockles of my cold heart to know that I and approx 10,000 others pay this annually to fund the lifestyles of Mrs. Duffy, Tubridy, and D;Arcy alone....before a single cent is spent on the rest of RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Honest question here now - why do people listen to radio shows that they obviously don't like?

I mean - of course we all love to tune in to da Laahhvvline but surely time could be better spent ;)

Eh, duh...

So we can shoot the breeze and rip the piss on threads like this...

The show is still garbage, but we rely on it to be, so that we can have our fun here......ala Fr. Fintan Stack style......

• Registered Users Posts: 55,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

10 seconds in and two gorgeous refs..

I am out...

Prat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

He’s going to include the Toy Show in the reason for hope, alongside Biden and the vaccine, isn’t he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hate the theme music to this show.

• Advertisement

Free Hot Chocolate Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

He’s going to include the Toy Show in the reason for hope, alongside Biden and the vaccine, isn’t he?

All ticked 10 minutes in.

A film for/from the Toy Show was very, very gorgeous.

Ah, the Toyman might get a cold, working in meteorologically challenging conditions.

FFS!

One of the greatest interviewers of all time is about to be interviewed by Tubridy. This will be toe curlingly embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

It's a Wonderful Life (for some)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

When Parky said that he was wearing a BGS badge, my mind almost instantaneously put a modern context on it and assumed that it was for "Black Girls Significant". It's amazing the way you get programmed.

Funny listening to Tubridy talking about being in awe of some of the guests. I remember when he called out for being extremely nervous when interviewing Jonah Hill!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

So that's recently:
    Unknown volume of free books
    Free bespoke jewellery x 2
    Free essential oils for mask
    Free buns from bewleys
    Free trip on the navy ship
    Free 8 Glasses cases
    Free accessory for vinal record player
    Free flowers
    Yop Fruit of the Forest and Yakult
    Holland and figges supply
    Free Calm App
    Free Scents of Ireland commercial air diffuser and scents
    Epicurean Delights (i.e. Grub)
    Watercolour
    Candles
    A book about Elvis' comeback in 68
    Waterford Famine Buke
    Free pints
    Free sweets from shandans
    Free loose leaf tea
    Free bread knives
    Free candles possibly wickless candles
    Free teapot
    Free vinyl (Beatles/McCarthy)
    Tea brack
    Cards
    More cards (rejected - Catholics need not apply)
    Free haloween masks
    Free Cufflinks
    Free fudge
    Free Southern Star newspaper
    Free Opinion magazine
    Freebie print from book (gorgeous, apparently)
    Free crisps and earplugs
    Free greetings cards
    Free Beatles book
    Free bottle with fairy lights
    Free Hot Chocolate Bomb

A big TYFYS to those who flag what I miss.

I must retire from the freebie list callers, too busy in the mornings and unlike Liveline which both entertains and annoys me, this programme is just too much. So if anyone else is willing to make the sacrifice and continue it please by all means go ahead and god bless.

Devoid of creativity or any semblance of being genuine the show problems are compounded by the hosts hypocrisy and hubris. At best it is due to being tone deaf / ignorance but I suspect there is an undercurrent of a type of private schoolboy / inner circle type of meanness at play.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

When Parky said that he was wearing a BGS badge, my mind almost instantaneously put a modern context on it and assumed that it was for "Black Girls Significant". It's amazing the way you get programmed.

Funny listening to Tubridy talking about being in awe of some of the guests. I remember when he called out for being extremely nervous when interviewing Jonah Hill!

jonah put on a master class that night

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »
    So that's recently:
    Unknown volume of free books
    Free bespoke jewellery x 2
    Free essential oils for mask
    Free buns from bewleys
    Free trip on the navy ship
    Free 8 Glasses cases
    Free accessory for vinal record player
    Free flowers
    Yop Fruit of the Forest and Yakult
    Holland and figges supply
    Free Calm App
    Free Scents of Ireland commercial air diffuser and scents
    Epicurean Delights (i.e. Grub)
    Watercolour
    Candles
    A book about Elvis' comeback in 68
    Waterford Famine Buke
    Free pints
    Free sweets from shandans
    Free loose leaf tea
    Free bread knives
    Free candles possibly wickless candles
    Free teapot
    Free vinyl (Beatles/McCarthy)
    Tea brack
    Cards
    More cards (rejected - Catholics need not apply)
    Free haloween masks
    Free Cufflinks
    Free fudge
    Free Southern Star newspaper
    Free Opinion magazine
    Freebie print from book (gorgeous, apparently)
    Free crisps and earplugs
    Free greetings cards
    Free Beatles book
    Free bottle with fairy lights
    Free Hot Chocolate Bomb

A big TYFYS to those who flag what I miss.

I must retire from the freebie list callers, too busy in the mornings and unlike Liveline which both entertains and annoys me, this programme is just too much. So if anyone else is willing to make the sacrifice and continue it please by all means go ahead and god bless.

Devoid of creativity or any semblance of being genuine the show problems are compounded by the hosts hypocrisy and hubris. At best it is due to being tone deaf / ignorance but I suspect there is an undercurrent of a type of private schoolboy / inner circle type of meanness at play.

giphy.gif

A very nice put-down, well done! Well done!

I especially like the inclusion of the word "meanness"; designed no doubt to cause a mortal ego-wound to the self-styled King of Kindness.

A very nice put-down, well done! Well done!

I especially like the inclusion of the word "meanness"; designed no doubt to cause a mortal ego-wound to the self-styled King of Kindness.

This is Senior hurling caller, for the Sam McCarthy trophy as the nations flagship host would say.

This is Senior hurling caller, for the Sam McCarthy trophy as the nations flagship host would say.

Sam MacCarthy and Liam Maguire, great lads the pair of them.

I would ask did he really say "Sam McCarthy", but I know the clue is in the question. I wouldn't be surprised if he said the Sam McCauley Cup FFS.

Sam MacCarthy and Liam Maguire, great lads the pair of them.

I would ask did he really say "Sam McCarthy", but I know the clue is in the question. I wouldn't be surprised if he said the Sam McCauley Cup FFS.

As I recall he was attempting to talk sport and on the topic of hurling he mentioned the word Sam and then trailed off when he realised he didnt actualy know what the trophy was called.
    The point being the host of the countries flagship talk show doesnt know, or isnt bothered to know, the absolute basics of the countries main sports.

Not knowing something isnt a crime and theres no issue with that, but the absolute lack of effort and interest that shone through was evident.

As I recall he was attempting to talk sport and on the topic of hurling he mentioned the word Sam and then trailed off when he realised he didnt actualy know what the trophy was called.
    The point being the host of the countries flagship talk show doesnt know, or isnt bothered to know, the absolute basics of the countries main sports.

Not knowing something isnt a crime and theres no issue with that, but the absolute lack of effort and interest that shone through was evident.

I do find it hilarious when Tubs Z and Mr. Duffy attempt to talk sport so to speak. They are so out of their depth and clearly disinterested it often makes for hilarious listening. It's almost as good as the Ciara Kelly and Alan Quinlan SportsTalk for Dummies section on Newstalk on Monday and Fridays - now that is comedy gold!

I always wonder why someone like Dara Ó Cinnéide is not brought in on a sports issue or the late late with a sports guest.
    Come to think of it I think Dara Ó Cinnéide would do a good job of presenting the Late Late or Tubridy's radio show full stop. Good delivery. listens and is knowledgeable.

I do find it hilarious when Tubs Z and Mr. Duffy attempt to talk sport so to speak. They are so out of their depth and clearly disinterested it often makes for hilarious listening. It's almost as good as the Ciara Kelly and Alan Quinlan SportsTalk for Dummies section on Newstalk on Monday and Fridays - now that is comedy gold!

It always ends up sounding like women who have no interest in sport in the canteen, or beside the water cooler - knowing something was 'on'. Wanting to engage, but they get all the names mixed up and followers of the sport are too kind to correct them.

Mod - have snipped a post & quote that was "speculative", so to speak.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement