Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

can almost picture him wincing when the kid said she had a kindle- a dirty dirty kindle

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Googling the last line in willy wonka ;)

Man sobbing in his car...yeah right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Seems to be a lot of crying people in Ireland right now.

Seems to be a lot of crying people in Ireland right now.

Yeah. They're starting to realize how much this chump is getting for this drivel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yeah. They're starting to realize how much this chump is getting for this drivel

I don't normally listen to it but there's only so much Pat Kenny I can take too.

Tubridy has some gig.. maybe 45 mins actual talk time with the researchers doing all the actual work, the Late Late misery show and paid a fortune for it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Wow cannot believe the hate on here this morning. That was a beautiful, inspirational chat with a little girl and her mum. Why are you even tuning in if it's all so painful? Do something more productive with your hour instead of spreading your malicious rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Maybe it’s just me, but Tubridy telling children that he has never met that he loves them sounds really, really strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wow cannot believe the hate on here this morning. That was a beautiful, inspirational chat with a little girl and her mum. Why are you even tuning in if it's all so painful? Do something more productive with your hour instead of spreading your malicious rubbish.

Your post is not very kind, is it?

He'll be back to sign off :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He'll be back to sign off :eek:

RTE seem to do that alright from what I've heard. Very American of them

I hav a TV licence. That entitles me to say as I wish (within reason)about this charlatan.

Your post is not very kind, is it?

Well you're clearly a lost cause

Surely the production team do a routine search when somebody is coming on? I don't expect a presenter to recall everything (I know Ryan recalls •nothing•), and surely got this reason a little search of keywords relating to every new guest should be done & cross-checked with previous previous items recorded on show archives, simply to stop host saying something stupid & insulting to previous guest that he has forgotten them:

Names of institutions/organisations previously discussed

Names of rare illnesses previously discussed.

As a library/researcher person I would maintain a very simple show database of keywords with quick references which could be looked up in a second, as a quick reminder and put a note on Ryan's screen:

RELATING to TODAY'S GUEST:
    Previous interview widower Mark Early of SUDEP victim (Liane Deasy) for Epilepsy Ireland awareness. SUDDEN DEATH IN EPILEPSY

This would have prompted Ryan to quickly reiterate "indeed we had a previous guest speak of this".

Are there no researchers in RTÉ?

I hav a TV licence. That entitles me to say as I wish (within reason)about this charlatan.

Is that what a TV licence is for? Snide comments about a segment on radio with a kind little girl from a bunch of sneering adults? Good to know.

Is that what a TV licence is for? Snide comments about a segment on radio with a kind little girl from a bunch of sneering adults? Good to know.

The remarks are about the host, not the girl. And in MOD capacity here I reiterate it is valid to express opinion on any host, using their handling of a segment by way of illustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

the girl and the mother were very entertaining

The remarks are about the host, not the girl. And in MOD capacity here I reiterate it is valid to express opinion on any host, using their handling of a segment by way of illustration.

It is not valid however that having a TV licence entitles you to say what you want without challenge. Just seems to me that people on here can't wait to get outraged by Tubridy every morning. Books? Children?!?! A TRAGIC STORY?!?! How dare he!

Well you're clearly a lost cause

I didn't actually comment on today's show but perhaps lead by example and instead of insulting others? Why am I a lost cause pray tell?

It is not valid however that having a TV licence entitles you to say what you want without challenge. Just seems to me that people on here can't wait to get outraged by Tubridy every morning. Books? Children?!?! A TRAGIC STORY?!?! How dare he!

We are all entitled to express opinion here, please heed that. You are just as entitled to express your own opinion about the show but trolling posters here will get you cards. You are warned here, no more of it.

• Advertisement

I didn't actually comment on today's show but perhaps lead by example and instead of insulting others? Why am I a lost cause pray tell?

Q. E. D.

Q. E. D.

Interesting debating style. Please tell me why I am a lost cause for asking you to be kind?

We are all entitled to express opinion here, please heed that. You are just as entitled to express your own opinion about the show but trolling posters here will get you cards. You are warned here, no more of it.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. But as I am the only one on here not hating on Tubridy and/or his show I'm suddenly trolling? Really?

I did qualify my statement with a (within reason) ;)

If tubridy, duffy Darcy or any others on the rte gravy train did a good job or heaven forbid a good interview,I and others here would acknowledge it. It hardly ever happens though.
    I,as you point out don't have to wait to be outraged,I wake up that way,locked and loaded. :)

Edit. Just see that there has been further posts on this as I was one finger typing.

MOD - No further comments please from anyone on recent thread incident which has been dealt with by a week's ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Seeing as it was me who commented about the Books and Children above, allow me to explain my frustration.

If it were a one off event, or even once a week, that would be fine. But this is prime time radio, on the so called flagship station. It's every bloody day!

The preaching about books is constant. Not just any book though, gorgeous, beautiful books, no less. Gorgeous, beautiful, delicious books that make great reading during The Thing. Every bloody day. Whether he actually reads the books he recommends instructs the listener to read is another matter, though.

Then there's the daily children section. Jolly japes with fizzy pop and walls being built with marshmallow. Frequent Willy Wonka references. Constant Toy Show plugging. Multiple times per day. Please tell me the last time Tubridy didn't mention the Toy Show on his radio show. Seriously.

Then we have this daily preach to the nation, the US obsession, the obligatory misery section, the regular movie reviews (and don't dare disagree with him), the constant referral to last week's/next week's Late Late Show, the freebies and the made up emails and texts (that last bit is conjecture on my part).

I acknowledge you enjoy his daily show, but please don't tell me that I can't take a different view.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. But as I am the only one on here not hating on Tubridy and/or his show I'm suddenly trolling? Really?

Do you tune in regularly?

It seems me that he points a lot in his publicity photos. Obviously, nobody told him that it’s rude to point.

I've commented on this before and posted a selection of his "best points". Here's a new one:

0_RTE-Photocall2990406411.jpg

There's something Hugh Hefner-y about this one.

• Advertisement

Could be a Muppet Show “Singing in the Rain” type number.

He mentioned Kermit yesterday

Only one word of that post fits the bill as far as I am concerned.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement