Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

hawley wrote: »
    It's all about him, no matter what he keeps saying. It's a massive ego trip for him, being the centre of attention. Look at the poster in the photo.

The fact he's singing a song (first time ever a host has done it!!! WOW!!!) - and hasnt shut up about it for weeks - just shows he wants to be centre of attention. That poster on the wall in that promo too...cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

On the money there.

Judging by his self-righteous rants the last few weeks, the Toy Show is going to be one big excuse for him to show everyone how empathetic he is to kids who have trouble fitting in for one reason or another.

That's BONKERS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

That's BONKERS!!!

you sure it's not just very PECULIAR?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Newstalk did a promo item on the Toy Show this morning .
    I never listen to Ryan Tubridy on the radio and haven’t watched the LLS since the Peter Casey debacle . So I’m not a regular follower of his .

I actually think there’s something a little strange and off about his fascination with children . In one clip this morning he actually said he loves when the kids hug his legs “really tightly “. Imagine if Gaybo or Pat had said that ?

I know it’s probably all very innocent and childlike but it’s all a bit strange . Gaybo and Pat were better as they still acted like adults slightly bemused at trying to put toys together or get them to work. You could empathize with them throwing their eyes up to heaven . We all do this.

But Tubridy is different. He becomes a child himself and it’s just weird.

I agree, and it's a bit nauseating the way he has managed to make the toy show all about himself, and people are meant to find it endearing that a man of his age behaves as he does.

I don't watch the LLS anyway, nor do I listen to the radio programme.
    I know watching the toy show is a nice tradition for many but I dislike the caper he goes on with.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,630 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Is she supposed to be impersonating people?

They all sound the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Is she supposed to be impersonating people? They all sound the same!

Hey WMM, I thought the Amy Hubermann was pretty uncanny all the same. She could start a telesales company selling Newbridge Silverware through the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Bit OTT reporting here of the quiz on Tubridy's Radio 1 show, on independent.ie:

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/oh-god-im-brutal-questions-didnt-really-suit-hilarious-quiz-contestant-on-ryan-tubridys-radio-show-37593893.html

Do RTE pay the Indo for this??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,494 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bit OTT reporting here of the quiz on Tubridy's Radio 1 show, on independent.ie:

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/oh-god-im-brutal-questions-didnt-really-suit-hilarious-quiz-contestant-on-ryan-tubridys-radio-show-37593893.html

Do RTE pay the Indo for this??

Nothing OTT about it, exactly as it happened, shows you what can happen when fellas like this get on the airwaves.

NO disrespect to the lad, but he saw a chance to get something for nothing and didn’t give a fork how he might be portrayed.He obviously knew no matter what he would be quids in and coming the auld soldier was the best form of operation.

Very prevalent attitude these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He is absolutely insufferably smug and tone deaf

He spent a few minutes just now talking about some expensive men’s fragrance that JFK discovered in France, that -surprise surprise, tubs uses

Awful broadcaster.

Ryan interviewing Leo Varadkar on the LLS tomorrow night! :eek:

Just when Ireland (and an extremely small part of Wales) had recovered from the Peter Casey debacle!

Going to have to make space behind the couch again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Late Late.
    Toy show
    US presidents
    Kids
    Kids books
    Late Late

Change the f*ckin record.

And now for the misery slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not misery, more glamorising violence and thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Needed subtitles for that. Da Genoddle's brudder, "yaknowwharrameeyan"

Books, presidents, sweets, late late. No mention of Macca today.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    No mention of Macca today.

He actually did! :D

When he played that song that sounds McCartney-esque (‘Keeping The Dream Alive’ by Freiheit)!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Gwan Gerry, wipe the floor with him.

Gerry Adams has brought out ‘The Negotiator’s Cookbook’! :eek:

Not even Chris Morris or Armando Iannucci could script that :D

Put the turkey in the oven. Set timer. Phone in warning. Run.

Baz on message giving the customary phone lecture during school run time. Kids in their thousands giving up their phones because of it.

Ye're at nothing lads. The genie is not going back into the bottle.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Baz on message giving the customary phone lecture during school run time. Kids in their thousands giving up their phones because of it.

Ye're at nothing lads. The genie is not going back into the bottle.

Like ‘done’ and ‘seen’ Joe.......here to stay. I seen it coming...

Soon as I heard the word ‘Baz.’.......bang!! Off button in the motor got a thump.

Funny how Ryan is off the day after RTÉ salaries are revealed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its the great unwritten rule among all the Rte presenters.

They like to talk about all the things making the news on a daily basis, but I have never heard one of them turn over their radio show for a debate on Rte salaries.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its the great unwritten rule among all the Rte presenters.

They like to talk about all the things making the news on a daily basis, but I have never heard one of them turn over their radio show for a debate on Rte salaries.

And you wont...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

This morning was one of the few times I've tuned in as heard Mr.Tubridy was out for the day......

Pipes Of Peace

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Pipes Of Peace

*shudder*

Holy Moly, Macca there - as I call him - with an uplifting ditty for the festive yuletide season. Did I mention I'm off to see him at a private gig for celebrities designed purely to cynically cultivate PR in order to increase record sales, downloads and streaming at Christmas time? I didn't? Yoinks, I don't know how that slipped my mind. Normally of course we on The Tubridy Show disapprove of anyone using their fame to cash in on the season to be jolly, but seeing as I'm doing it myself that would of course be hypocritical...but hey, this is RTÉ so Jimminy Crickets to you Bah Humbug. Note to self: give all the unsold copies of The First Christmas Jumper to the Vincent De. Paul - after Christmas. Did I mention I'm better than you because I read books? What's that peasant? You read too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

ha ha, i turned on the radio for 5 minutes this morning.... it was mid way through the pipes of peace... and thought of you guys!!!!:D:D

after the song ended, he thanked all the lovely people for writing in and congratulating him about the late late toy show etc etc... then he went on to tell a story how he was doing a book reading for children in easons or somewhere.... I turned it off then...

so in that time he ticked the macca, letter writing, toy show, book reading & children boxes!!! :D:D

didnt stay around long enough for trump/jfk/history to make an appearance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭amlinopta

He was full of chat on Monday about there being no let-up before Christmas, ten radio shows and two late lates. Missing yesterday the day after the salaries were published and we now have Baz "looking after us" on Monday as well. So the ten is down to eight. And a pre-recorded late late tonight. Builders holidays and €495k salary. A joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    so in that time he ticked the macca, letter writing, toy show, book reading & children boxes!!! :D:D

didnt stay around long enough for trump/jfk/history to make an appearance. :)

I got that covered.

I haven't heard much this week either but when I did briefly tune in he was saying to Dermot f*cking Bannon of all people: "you're a bit like Trump".

No, Tubridy. Dermot Bannon is not like Trump. Sh*t up now you strange little man. And what is going on with Bannon constantly being interviewed? It's just so bloody weird.

Was there any excuse given for Tubridy being off yesterday?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement