Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

He'll probably just accidentally on purpose spell Ireland with a "C" after the I by "accident" in the brief some week.

Well that scuppers that idea then.

The YHA hostel is centrally located by the lake. Got locked accidentally inside it's woollen shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Have we had a mention of the Toy Show yet today?

Should be included on any itinerary...

And there is is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Ryan will be in first plane over to Iceland, will he visit the Penis Museum in Reykjavik?

He'd be the biggest dick there.

Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Deadly! Who were the best guests you saw?

I saw Garf from Wayne's world and some girl from a Netflix show I don't know, I have my suspicions Garf is the Mary O Rourke of conan, is in the area and available to fill in if needed. I missed snoop dogg by a few days which was annoying but still so good to see how its done. The entire recording probably took 90mins for the roughly hour long show, nearly all of the interviews are broadcast exactly as they happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I saw Garf from Wayne's world and some girl from a Netflix show I don't know, I have my suspicions Garf is the Mary O Rourke of conan, is in the area and available to fill in if needed. I missed snoop dogg by a few days which was annoying but still so good to see how its done. The entire recording probably took 90mins for the roughly hour long show, nearly all of the interviews are broadcast exactly as they happen.

That was the thing I was most surprised at, how slick it all is from a production standpoint. I half-expected there'd be more pauses and breaks and that they'd re-shoot a segment etc.; but only once did that happen in all the shows I went to and that was because a lighting rig failed - which they had removed and replaced in under 5mins. Incredibly smooth and well run production.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It’s Garth

• Advertisement

Talk this evening on Drivetime regarding lack of delivery capability for the online Christmas orders. Oh course this could be foreseen, yet Tubridy & Duffy keep telling all that Christmas is NOT cancelled, Santa is a COVID-PROOF and he WILL be getting around to all the houses.

Should their efforts not be better spent advising that this year Covid might disrupt Santa, and it's not that he has forgotten everybody, but that he has been advised to delay some visits down the chimney?.

If I were a parent I would be none too pleased with these possibly unfulfillable promises made to children on behalf of parents/Santa. Ryan could have used his Toy Show to have Santa address the children & explain that he had received all the letters but that there could be delays this year. Of course that would be way too sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Talk this evening on Drivetime regarding lack of delivery capability for the online Christmas orders. Oh course this could be foreseen, yet Tubridy & Duffy keep telling all that Christmas is NOT cancelled, Santa is a COVID-PROOF and he WILL be getting around to all the houses.

Should their efforts not be better spent advising that this year Covid might disrupt Santa, and it's not that he has forgotten everybody, but that he has been advised to delay some visits down the chimney?.

If I were a parent I would be none too pleased with these possibly unfulfillable promises made to children on behalf of parents/Santa. Ryan could have used his Toy Show to have Santa address the children & explain that he had received all the letters but that there could be delays this year. Of course that would be way too sensible.

I belive the opposite was the case, I think it was said that Santa would DEFINITELY be comming and there wouldnt be any changes. Awkward for any parents struggling at the moment to hear that within ear shot of their kids. Not that that thought would cross Ryan's mind in a million years.

I belive the opposite was the case, I think it was said that Santa would DEFINITELY be comming and there wouldnt be any changes. Awkward for any parents struggling at the moment to hear that within ear shot of their kids. Not that that thought would cross Ryan's mind in a million years.

That's exactly what I'm meaning to say. They've been expressing it in various ways over the past weeks, even months. It's so unfair on parents for any number of reasons, that they might be seriously down on earnings, and with the inevitable delays on accessing many toys in time for Christmas.

On his local shop again in MonksToytown

• Registered Users Posts: 55,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Back to his bookshop!!!

Insufferable!

Looking tired yesterday in a bookshop. Another book, probably a freebie.

Free John Banville book,
    Free Barack Obama autobiography

Obama's big book, heavy as a brick, landed on his desk.

Freddie Freeloader? Do we have a new nickname for the Boy-man.

Obama's big book, heavy as a brick, landed on his desk.

All for a little plug-een. Dem buke marketeers know de value of a freebie - it’ll pay for itself many times over.

• Advertisement

A box-set he bought for himself

Ffs. He’s just discovering Veep now?

A box-set he bought for himself

I’d say he no more bought that.....

Ffs. He’s just discovering Veep now?

A busy hardworking man just doesn't have the time.

Pyjamas for LL Boy Show not available, how sad.
    Christmas must be cancelled.

Toy Show pyjamas? Seriously??????

A busy hardworking man just doesn't have the time.

Sure........:rolleyes:

Win a Boy Show pyjamas! Wow! Can't wait!

I’m out. Fock this, this entitled deluded Boy-man is depressing me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is he still waffling?

Some life this lad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement