Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I think we should get a day off work on national toy show day..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

If it was kept to it's own megathread in Television, it would not be polluting this one.

If he stopped plugging it on his radio show, you would have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

If it was kept to it's own megathread in Television, it would not be polluting this one.

Not sure the Television one has changed, its always for people who watch the show no?

But I understand, having not listened to Mr. Tubs I doubt he ever mentioned the Toy Show on his radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

If he stopped plugging it on his radio show, you would have a point.

I don't listen to him, so I wouldn't know about that.

I don't listen to him, so I wouldn't know about that.

True. Oliver Clahan was presenting today.

The thing he calls, The Late Late Toy Show.

Tubs needs a rest for tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I suppose on Monday morning he'll be giving himself a big pat on the back and talking about his plans for next years show.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

does no one find it weird that the Late Late toy show, hosted by the toyman, starring kids, aimed at kids nowadays, marketed for kids is on at 2130 pm to midnight

if the toyman, soon to be toyking after he single handidly lifts the spirtis of the nation, was as kind as he claims he would start earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

bm_1212 wrote: »
    does no one find it weird that the Late Late toy show, hosted by the toyman, starring kids, aimed at kids nowadays, marketed for kids is on at 2130 pm to midnight

if the toyman, soon to be toyking after he single handidly lifts the spirtis of the nation, was as kind as he claims he would start earlier
    Big shillings at stake here, big shillings

But but but, de parents wouldn't be lubricated enough earlier to give in to the kids' demands for the various toys promoted. The toy companies would not be impressed with totally sober parents moderating their children's demands by saying sensible things like "Santa has run out of those very expensive yokes."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

On the today show now - showing a clip from a few years ago when Ryan was a bit more normal, when he had the 'young fogey' persona. Not a sincere bone in his boney body.

The Toyshow isnt wanted, its needed this year. Not just in ireland this year but across the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

A studio audience full of píssed adults watching a show about kids and Toys, hosted by a 50 yr old man trying to market himself as Willy Wonka.

Yep. It's weird as fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

When is he going to ram a book down some kids neck??

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I didn't watch but I see people are losing their minds at Captain Kindness cursing. Can't we all just forgive him?

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

When is he going to ram a book down some kids neck??

That's not how you spell......................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I didn't watch but I see people are losing their minds at Captain Kindness cursing. Can't we all just forgive him?

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:D:D

he was in full-on casual Tubridy mode; converse runners, skinny jeans and naughty words. Just to remind the audience that he's one of them.

It's all a bit Jimmy Saville isn't it?

In all fairness I would say Tubridy & Saville have nothing at all in common, and this years (not toy) show was genuinely good in the second half, but the man should not be getting top dollar for essentially faving the acumen for a niche role as a children's tv show host.

Friday night is Roald Dahl themed.

0015c394-800.jpg

I think this is the only context in which one could ever address Tubridy as "Fabulous"
    For Fox Sake.

How very clairvoyant of me, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Probably the first time in 20 years I watched the toy show. Vodka helped!

Was the show just an extension of the radio slot? Lots of talk about books, lots of misery and lots of tubby asking stupid questions of those with disabilities?

Were they not supposed to actually review some toys or what kids are asking for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Robbed this from the funny pics thread

4o3lw4.jpg

Another

rljV75f.jpg

• Advertisement

Coke make fanta ... Just connecting the dots

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Elmo wrote: »
    Coke make fanta ... Just connecting the dots

Ryan screaming to the new intern: "Just get me some FCUKING COKE FOR THE FCUKING TOY SHOW!!!"

Intern goes to vending machine; Coke sold out, decides a Fanta is just as good.

Ryan not too happy, says the F-word when he finds out.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,643 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I’m just thankful for Friday night’s many Accidental Partridge moments...

‘Polly Protestant’

‘For f**k’s sake’

The Joe Biden gag that would have gone way over the kids heads

And, of course...

“I CANT LET YOU TOUCH IT OR WE'LL ALL DIE"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

I’m just thankful for Friday night’s many Accidental Partridge moments...

‘Polly Protestant’

‘For f**k’s sake’

The Joe Biden gag that would have gone way over the kids heads

And, of course...

“I CANT LET YOU TOUCH IT OR WE'LL ALL DIE"

:D
    was there an f bomb ?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Forgot about the bloody toy show. He'll be banging on about that for the next hour. Off to Newtalk

Forgot about the bloody toy show. He'll be banging on about that for the next hour. Off to Newtalk
    next hour? he'll be dining out on this for the next month at least

A contagion of kindness

• Advertisement

a lot of these charities pay their top brass too much

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement