Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Can't be bothered trying to find a more suitable thread, but do TV3/Virgin still do a sort of a Toy Show? I remember they used to have one years ago about a week after the Late Late one.
    It was dire compared to the LLS but at least we might get to see some toys this year if it's still going.

You NEED pyjamas... you will be out at 4.45 in morning to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Pity there weren’t regular “Johnny Public Health” announcements at the “Farewell to Phil” shindig, eh Ryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Sonic Conflict were supposed to play Glastonbury

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

You NEED pyjamas... you will be out at 4.45 in morning to buy them.

The disdain in his voice.
    Yeah we all think it is a bit mad but A morning out for a pair of Pjs is an 'event' and if that gets people through a few days then let them off.

• Advertisement

Free bag of marbles, but no steelies (yes, seriously)

Freebies for Tubridy’s mates now! Sennheiser headphones!!!!!

Consistency in Kindness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭flasher0030

How dare you enjoy something that is presented by someone - who is avidly denigrated on boards.ie. With a thread primarily created with the same goal! :D
    You must not have read the memo!?
    Saying that Tubridy does anything half decent on this thread (without making it a backhanded compliment) is almost sacrilegious!

I believe most people on this thread listen to Tubridy 'ironically' as it is the hipster thing to do. And a lot surely think to themselves 'I could have done that job as well if I had the connections, and RTE nepotism etc'.

However, I believe Tubridy's core listenership are not on this thread at all. It is just set up as piece of satire between a small clique of posters who enjoy critiquing it, negatively in the main. I follow this thread to follow their annoyance. It is funny to read. I rarely listen to the show either.

But, I am delighted you enjoyed the Toy Show, because it will wind the clique up on this thread no end! Plus, it is nice people can find a bit of happiness in the simple things in life. Even though some almost resent you for it!

Wow. I see what you mean. I just saw the name of this thread on the main page, and thought it would be fun to check out other parents experience of the Toy Show.
    I guess I got that wrong. Just plenty of begrudgery because people think he earns too much. The average folk don’t realise that it takes an incredibly strong personality to put themselves in front of TV cameras, put yourself out there in front of hundreds of thousands of people. The vast majority of people wouldn’t do it. Of course they’d say that they could do a better job; but if asked to throw on a bit of a suit, sit behind a desk for 2 hours and have chats with say Michael D, The Edge, Tommy Tiernan and Tom Cruise. In front of a live audience and multiple camers facing you as you are being shown to a million people across the country – most people would be shouting for new underwear.
    Anyway, I’m out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Wow. I see what you mean. I just saw the name of this thread on the main page, and thought it would be fun to check out other parents experience of the Toy Show.
    I guess I got that wrong. Just plenty of begrudgery because people think he earns too much. The average folk don’t realise that it takes an incredibly strong personality to put themselves in front of TV cameras, put yourself out there in front of hundreds of thousands of people. The vast majority of people wouldn’t do it. Of course they’d say that they could do a better job; but if asked to throw on a bit of a suit, sit behind a desk for 2 hours and have chats with say Michael D, The Edge, Tommy Tiernan and Tom Cruise. In front of a live audience and multiple camers facing you as you are being shown to a million people across the country – most people would be shouting for new underwear.
    Anyway, I’m out of here.

This is the Radio Show Thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    This is the Radio Show Thread.

Yup, the Radio Show Thread where he discusses the Toy Show, and occasionally some other topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Maybe they should bring in Joe Duffy to give the complete "other side" of that dynamic.

Can you describe the pain in your heart as your child did doyed in your arms on the eve of the eve of Christmas Eve so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Yup, the Radio Show Thread where he discusses the Toy Show, and occasionally some other topics.

Ah right, i thought the Toy Show Thread might be the place to go to get other parent's experiences , but I understand now the caller meant Liiiiive on air positive only feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Anyway, I’m out of here.

You might like the Toyshow thread.

However, for some 'edgy' people bringing up issues such as the race of the kids on the show.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115447872

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Wow. I see what you mean.

Anyway, I’m out of here.

Thanks for popping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

...The vast majority of people wouldn’t do it. Of course they’d say that they could do a better job; but if asked to throw on a bit of a suit, sit behind a desk for 2 hours and have chats with say Michael D, The Edge, Tommy Tiernan and Tom Cruise. In front of a live audience and multiple camers facing you as you are being shown to a million people across the country – most people would be shouting for new underwear.
    Anyway, I’m out of here.

Tubridy the talented aul hoor, being able to "throw on a bit of a suit". :D

He's far superior to all those wannabes who shít themselves at the thought of a Louis Copeland freebie with matching pocket square and tie combo.

Continuing PieOhMy's sterling service:

So that's recently:

Free Unknown volume of books
    Free bespoke jewellery x 2
    Free essential oils for mask
    Free buns from Bewleys
    Free trip on the navy ship
    Free 8 Glasses cases
    Free accessory for vinyl record player
    Free flowers
    Free Yop, Fruit of the Forest and Yakult
    Free Holland and figges supply
    Free Calm App
    Free Scents of Ireland commercial air diffuser and scents
    Free Epicurean Delights (i.e. Grub)
    Free Watercolour
    Free Candles
    Free book about Elvis' comeback in 68
    Free Waterford Famine Buke
    Free pints
    Free sweets from Shandons
    Free loose leaf tea
    Free bread knives
    Free candles possibly wickless candles
    Free teapot
    Free vinyl (Beatles/McCarthy)
    Free Tea brack
    Free Cards
    Free More cards (rejected - Catholics need not apply)
    Free halloween masks
    Free Cufflinks (monogrammed for Tubridy, of course)
    Free fudge
    Free Southern Star newspaper
    Free Opinion magazine
    Freebie print from book (gorgeous, apparently)
    Free crisps and earplugs
    Free greetings cards
    Free Beatles book
    Free bottle with fairy lights
    Free Hot Chocolate Bomb
    Free Personalised Christmas Stocking
    Free Novelty Mug
    Free Handmade Scarf (moss green in colour, and long)
    Free multiple handmade Christmas Cards
    Free John Banville Book (delivered personally to him while shopping)
    Free Barack Obama autobiography (extremely large and heavy)
    Free box of Lindt chocolates (only 8 in box, Tubs not happy)
    Free face mask from Chester Beatty
    Free books
    Free Paul McCartney poster
    Free Aerial photography coffee table book
    Free Christmas jumper
    Free Waterford Festive Star (a magazine)
    Free Holly Bough (a Cork annual)
    Free Santa Beard Face Mask
    Free chocolates from Bean & Goose (called out paucity of Lindt in their freebie, again)
    Free Art from Trish Taylor Thompson (something visual)
    Free Books (from “listener” doing her Marie Kondo clearout)
    Free Shandon Sweets, again
    Free invite to chess convention
    Free Lighthouse Book
    Free chess lessons
    Free Book (Elf Isolation)
    Free crate of Club Orange
    Free bag of Marbles, but no "steelies", much to Tubs' chagrin.

A big TYFYS to those who flag the freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Anyway, I’m out of here.

You'd be surprised how many would don a bit of a suit and have a vanilla chat with the people you've mentioned. I can think of 500,000 reasons why,and I'm certain that a good proportion of them would do a better job ( not that difficult really)

You'd be surprised how many would don a bit of a suit and have a vanilla chat with the people you've mentioned. I can think of 500,000 reasons why,and I'm certain that a good proportion of them would do a better job ( not that difficult really)

Is he still earning that much??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Is he still earning that much??

495,000 as of 2016, RTÉ have yet to release 2017, 2018 and next year they are due to release 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

It’s not that wagon that is our “mayor” to gift the grounds of the Mansion House

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

A gorgeous freebie

christmasann2020.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

The good old "rabbit hole"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Free copy of Ireland's Own annual

And asking for a free copy of a very collectible and valuable single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

The good old Late Late country show, seems like a monthly event at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

NIMAN wrote: »

It's a very common vinyl single to find in fairness, there were millions sold!!
    RTE should have many copies in their vinyl library

NIMAN wrote: »

His request there was unbelievably shameless.

"I'd love one of those original vinyls of Do they Know its Christmas in my collection. So if anyone can send me one that would be great....I could even offer money...trails off"

Someone needs to have a word with him about that sort of stuff.

And apparently the Toy Show gave us permission to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

His request there was unbelievably shameless.

"I'd love one of those original vinyls of Do they Know its Christmas in my collection. So if anyone can send me one that would be great....I could even offer money...trails off"

Someone needs to have a word with him about that sort of stuff.

Could add 'freebie requests' to the list. Trip to iceland and Christmas vinyl to kick it off. Actualy encouraging the freebies is arguably worse than passively receiving them and negates the usual excuse that he cant control what is sent in or not.
    At this point the list is so so rediculous to scroll through it makes the point more impactful than I had intended. Good work everyone!

• Advertisement

And apparently the Toy Show gave us permission to cry.

Our Diana moment.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement