Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Another letter from the Montrose Canteen.

"Kindness, Bubblewrap, Minding"

Yeah, right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

There's the arnotts plug - paying off their "kindness" from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The words gorgeous and beautiful should only be used when describing a person or things like food etc..not a bloody TV show about "country" pop/middle of the road/karaoke music.

Not at all..

Tubridy, the self professed nerd and bookworm can use that word in any out of context description he chooses..

You’d wonder if anyone close to him has said, “cut that sh1t out, lad. You sound fooking ridiculous now!!“

• Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

walshb wrote: »
    You’d wonder if anyone close to him has said, “cut that sh1t out, lad. You sound fooking ridiculous now!!“

It would appear not, or if they have, he has decided it's best to ignore their good advice.

• Advertisement

Folks, can we tone down the language here on the thread a tad - it's gone below the belt in places, which were snipped.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291dba2046bbe534ede95b25d54e7059097e02f219&rid=giphy.gif

The competition for vaccine in ROI could get interesting, maybe we could have a phone-in radio competition :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Folks, can we tone down the language here on the thread a tad - it's gone below the belt in places, which were snipped.

Agreed.

And I may have been guilty. It’s not acceptable!

walshb wrote: »
    Agreed.

It wasn't very kind caller.

Agreed.

It wasn't very kind caller.

Hereby Absolution..
    Yer sins are forgiven
    in the
    Spirit of Kindness

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    FFS Glen Campbell had to read from an autocue in the latter years of his life due to dementia....he didn't remember all the lyrics to his songs. Absolute waffle.

That is so sad and depressing.....Tubridy would have loved to interview him in that condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Jesus. He is so condescending. I am sure the government will be delighted to hear they have Ryan's seal of approval when it comes to who gets vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

People who take 500k for doing 5 hours of dossing per week are an economic inconvenience

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

He said Irish people have an innate need to mind each other because of what happened in the famine. And the 6mil donation during the Toy Show was evidence of that.

If that was the case we wouldn't put our oldies into care homes. We wouldn't stand by as homelessness gets worse. Elected officials who don't cater to the vulnerable would be abhorrent to us.

We don't have an innate need to mind each other because of the famine. We know how to put our hands in our pockets when asked. We wouldn't want to be seen not to be doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Who else could shoehorn the toy show into a chat about the famine.

RTE guide plug.

boarddotie wrote: »
    He said Irish people have an innate need to mind each other because of what happened in the famine. And the 6mil donation during the Toy Show was evidence of that.

If that was the case we wouldn't put our oldies into care homes. We wouldn't stand by as homelessness gets worse. Elected officials who don't cater to the vulnerable would be abhorrent to us.

We don't have an innate need to mind each other because of the famine. We know how to put our hands in our pockets when asked. We wouldn't want to be seen not to be doing that.

Awh look at you with your facts and your hard truths.

Let us live in our beautiful,ridiculous and sometimes blizzard wonderland. THATS what we want. To do truly blizzard and wondwerfull accents and voices all day.

Like puffins, no hard truths here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

No doubt the kind of highfalutin rubbish himself and his privileged dosser mates in rte endlessly spout to each other to massage their egos.

Nonsense lightweight academic talk that he heard somewhere else and he thinks repeating it makes him sound intellectual.

Bowie is reputed to have hated Little Drummer Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Tubs calling someone else's encounter wooden!!

Heard it all now:)

Bowie is reputed to have hated Little Drummer Boy.

Tru dat.

He wrote the alternative lyrics. All the peace on earth stuff.

He hates the song.

And Bing and Bowie reportedly did not get on.

So not sitting at a celestial table Ryan.

• Advertisement

Tru dat.

He wrote the alternative lyrics. All the peace on earth stuff.

He hates the song.

So typical of Tubridy, with the huge collection of Bowie’s work at his fingertips, to select the one song he hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

He said Irish people have an innate need to mind each other because of what happened in the famine..

Indeed, shure I remember 1847 as if it was only yesterday...

Here comes the misery slot.

Heady stuff. Austistic child. Delicate treatment necessary here please Tibbs.

Jesus. He is so condescending. I am sure the government will be delighted to hear they have Ryan's seal of approval when it comes to who gets vaccinated.

Heard on another show that Ryan us going to be offering himself for vaccination live on LLS, doing his civic duty to show us all how safe it is. Just as I predicted, RTE folk first in queue for testing, first in queue for vaccine regardless of the criteria for the rest of us. I don't mind likes of Michael D Higgins and other older celebrities getting it first or live on TV as an example of their confidence in it, as they meet the criteria of priority.

Indeed, shure I remember 1847 as if it was only yesterday...

Is that you Doc Savage?

It’s not approved until it receives “The Toyman Seal of Approval”.

It’s not approved until it receives “The Toyman Seal of Approval”.

Honestly I very seriously believe it needs to be called out loudly when it is proposed for celebrities/VIPs to skip the queue for the vaccine. Like I said, it would be valid for our first citizen, an elderly man, to be citizen no. 1 to get it. But if likes of any celebrity agencies have pre-ordered stocks I will go mad. No doubt we will hear of various discrepancies and annoyances along the way in this regard and absolutely no system can be perfect etc, but I just don't trust it to be altogether fair. I think the example of keeping place in the queue should be initial priority or people will get disgruntled when CF patients might have to wait behind RTE staffers (regardless of age etc). The very idea is repugnant to me.

Honestly I very seriously believe it needs to be called out loudly when it is proposed for celebrities and VIPs to skip the queue for the vaccine. Like I said, it would be valid for our first citizen, an elderly man, to be citizen no. 1 to get it. But if likes of any celebrity agencies have pre-ordered stocks I will go mad. No doubt we will hear of various discrepancies and annoyances along the way in this regards and absolutely no system can be perfect etc, but I just don't trust it to be altogether fair. I think the example of keeping place in the queue should be initial priority or people will get disgruntled when CF patients have to wait behind RTE staffers (regardless of age etc).

+1.

It's utter bollocks. Back in March/April (or whenever our brave heros:rolleyes: like Tubs, Ciara Kelly, Claire Byrne et al.) got tests I can tell you we couldn't get tests for front line medics. How is that not a national scandal?

Now we have Tubs attempting to queue jump under the guise of "oh look how amazing I am to volunteer to have it first", it's disgraceful.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement