Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Are you listening to Tubridy plamasing his way through this with his nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

DIVORCE! Good old misery slot this morning. Although no mention of his own situation. Sure why would he get personally involved unless he is going to take on Peter Casey of course.

The main thing to remember about this odd man is he was more or less gifted his position in RTÉ due to family connections (and of course strong FF links).

Could you explain the strong FF links and how he has a job because of it? Considering FF haven't been in power since 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I haven't heard him since before xmas. What's his problem with the movie, "Bohemian Rhapsody"? He was spitting out the words earlier, followed by "...and no mention of Saoirse Ronan."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭plodder

DIVORCE! Good old misery slot this morning. Although no mention of his own situation. Sure why would he get personally involved unless he is going to take on Peter Casey of course.
    Maybe because he'd want the permission of his own ex- before doing it, or because we're always telling these radio jocks that the show shouldn't be about them.

I thought she was interesting, but a few question marks arose in my mind, eg. money. To keep three houses going, one in negative equity, though rented out presumably (and would it really still be in negative equity?) takes money, either from very good jobs or support from elsewhere. Maybe you have to buy the book to get the answers...

I liked the quip about Jeff Bezos (of amazon) though, whose wife left him ...with a neighbour.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Could you explain the strong FF links and how he has a job because of it? Considering FF haven't been in power since 2011.

Yes. But tubs joined RTÉ in the mid 90s straight out of college.

Check out his familial links to the Andrews family and their connection to RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

he was intrigued twice in a very short space of time reading about Bezos

the man spends his day being intrigued by things, it take a very peculiar person to get so intrigued about everything

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thought that was pretty common knowledge! I see a previous poster has already briefed you on this, but google is your friend here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

My favourite tubs strategy is when he offers his own insight into what happened to his guest and they correct him and explain what actually happened and he shouts "yes absolutely of course"

plodder wrote: »
    Maybe because he'd want the permission of his own ex- before doing it, or because we're always telling these radio jocks that the show shouldn't be about them.
    :

How did he need permission to talk about his own personal circumstances?

Also, tubbs is farrrrrrrrrrrr from being a jock! But some of life experience would also help him engage with his audience. 10 mins listening to his show shows it is all about him and his book fetish!

• Advertisement

God this is already painful. The show is full of Ryan's personality, yet he wont even answer a question from Hugh Jackman about whether he is married or not.

I think Ryan got a little woody talking to Jackman!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Obviously that staged silence was Jackman's way of dodging the Trump question!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭plodder

It's rumoured phone calls were made to get him the Poparama gig with Ruth Buchanan. Much up and coming (12 yr old) talent may have been passed over ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I think Ryan got a little woody talking to Jackman!

Seemed to ‘get string’ as you say.

"Good morning from Dublin, Ireland."

Recap of the LLS.

Saoirse Ronan.

Operation Transformation. "Well worth watching on the Player" (Good luck with that pal)

LLS. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,633 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

sligojoek wrote: »
    Recap of the LLS.

Did that include the Peter Casey interview? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72,633 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

This one time, at band camp...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tubs knows well people compare his presenting style to Alan partridge but I was intrigued to hear the premise for the new BBC Alan partridge show is : Alan returns to the BBC because a presenter was ill and he was asked to fill in the vacant slot ..... THE NEW SHOW IS ACTUALLY ABOUT TUBRIDY

• Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Books books books

James Bond

Paul McCartney

Vintage cars

Tubs Is a bland boring yellow pack Alan partridge

• Advertisement

Trump
    Rte Player again.

A book about how great women are.

Did that include the Peter Casey interview? :pac:

Unfortunately that is another one that is joined to the "Never happened in Ryan's head" list of things he wont talk about.

In Ryan's head:
    - JFK was never shot. Him and Bobby now live in Camelot having successfully ran the country for many years. Ted didn't crash his car, Junior didn't crash his plane, and the cousin didn't rape that woman.
    - Clinton did "not have sexual relations with that woman, Monica Lewinsky".
    - Old Yeller did not have rabies, she had BAbies.
    - The Peter Casey, Paul Murphy, Jonah Hill ..... *not enough characters* .... interviews did not happen. I was interviewing Saoirse Ronan and eating Jelly Babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Not alone did Ted not crash he also didn't leave a woman to die in the car in water.

Death and books rolled into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He’s just after playing a wall of sound, like some guy shouting rubbish into a mic.

Only reason I didn’t turn off was I wanted to hear who was conning the public with noise like that.

Hosier...on the LLS next Fri.

Thanks for the warning Ryan.

What an amateur.

Joe Duffy would have her bawling by now

A dig at Boris Johnson before he runs out the door.

Praise for the morning Ireland team and a plug for DWTS.

Does he expect people to believe he's never seen a HD TV till yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    Praise for the morning Ireland team and a plug for DWTS.

Does he expect people to believe he's never seen a HD TV till yesterday.

Dancing With The Staff.

RTÉ Staff Member In Praising RTÉ Shocker!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement