Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A TG4 docu about walls. I was wondering when he'd turn it around to include Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i heard him say he was intrigued by the drop kick murphys and wanted the listeners to educate him on same, but I missed it and can't remember what day it was to listen back, anybody hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

i heard him say he was intrigued by the drop kick murphys and wanted the listeners to educate him on same, but I missed it and can't remember what day it was to listen back, anybody hear it?

I wonder would he be "intrigued" by a good hard kick in the balls? What a asrehole! Thank God we live in the internet age, where I just don't have to listen to mainstream radio ever, and can get better stuff by more informed, more likable, more interesting, more entertaining people, online. Hopefully in a few years, RTE and the mainstream media will be dead in the water. They deserve it for their lack of quality and hubris. They are really taking the piss in RTE these days, and BBC is not much better.

I think the reason that Tubridy likes talking misery with guests, is because nothing bad has ever happened to him and he is "intrigued" by this idea of bad things happening to somebody. He cannot comprehend it at all, it fascinates him, and maybe it explains why he comes across as lacking empathy when he does interview afflicted people (beyond the token expressions of empathy any good sociopath could learn from a youtube video :P). He was born in Dublin into a well-to-family with connections to RTE, he got on there as a kid, he went to a uni down the road from his house (UCD), he got a job down the road from his house in RTE, he has a job for life there now as their top earner, despite have no discernible talent nor aptitude for the job. He is also a published author (although his sales figures are never revealed!). Life is a doddle when you are Ryan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I wonder would he be "intrigued" by a good hard kick in the balls? What a asrehole! Thank God we live in the internet age, where I just don't have to listen to mainstream radio ever, and can get better stuff by more informed, more likable, more interesting, more entertaining people, online. Hopefully in a few years, RTE and the mainstream media will be dead in the water. They deserve it for their lack of quality and hubris. They are really taking the piss in RTE these days, and BBC is not much better.

I think the reason that Tubridy likes talking misery with guests, is because nothing bad has ever happened to him and he is "intrigued" by this idea of bad things happening to somebody. He cannot comprehend it at all, it fascinates him, and maybe it explains why he comes across as lacking empathy when he does interview afflicted people (beyond the token expressions of empathy any good sociopath could learn from a youtube video :P). He was born in Dublin into a well-to-family with connections to RTE, he got on there as a kid, he went to a uni down the road from his house (UCD), he got a job down the road from his house in RTE, he has a job for life there now as their top earner, despite have no discernible talent nor aptitude for the job. He is also a published author (although his sales figures are never revealed!). Life is a doddle when you are Ryan :)

A lot of truth in that post, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I wonder would he be "intrigued" by a good hard kick in the balls?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Like a lot of those churns out in Montrose, he would get ‘emotional’.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Agree with a previous poster, I wont cry for RTE, Newstalk, the Irish Times and the rest of the national media when they inevitably go under.

The obvious biased left-wing agenda has made people like me switch off. There are so many choices now, even in the car. I can listen to podcasts that are more balanced without having to listen to smug overpaid politically correct RTE presenters anymore pontificating about the latest fashionable cause. I don't think I ever will listen to RTE again unless there is a cultural shift. There wont be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Agree with a previous poster, I wont cry for RTE, Newstalk, the Irish Times and the rest of the national media when they inevitably go under. The obvious biased left-wing agenda has made people like me switch off.

Yeah that's where I am at the moment as well. The sheer wealth of podcasts and audiobooks and youtube (to mp3s) that are available to listen to in the car is amazing, so there is no excuse to listen to the brainwashing that is on offer from most of the mainstream stations.

Tubridy running through his morning checklist.

No major ballsup or professionally embarrassing moments on Friday night's Late Late................... check

Okay, it's safe to spend five minutes promoting myself.

It's the time of year for the emotional rollercoaster suffered by the DWTS losers.

How did you feeeeeel?

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    It's the time of year for the emotional rollercoaster suffered by the DWTS losers. How did you feeeeeel?

Never has so much emotion and broadcasting time been devoted to something so irrelevant. Get over it Eilish, ffs.

So, twas the ageists wot did it.

Paying Benefit In Kind on your Beatles jacket or is BIK just for the little people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Just because he does not understand something does not make it stupid. Some of us are educated or at the very least watch the news. The super blood wolf moon for example. It was like a thing of fiction that he didnt understand and therefore was silly with its silly names and such nonsense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

The sheer wealth of podcasts and audiobooks and youtube (to mp3s) that are available to listen to in the car is amazing, so there is no excuse to listen to the brainwashing that is on offer from most of the mainstream stations.

Maybe, but if you're not brainwashed by one, you'll be brainwashed by the self selecting material you choose from the other sources!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

Just because he does not understand something does not make it stupid. Some of us are educated or at the very least watch the news. The super blood wolf moon for example. It was like a thing of fiction that he didnt understand and therefore was silly with its silly names and such nonsense!

ah yes but show the man a few plastic storage boxes and he is as giddy as a titmouse!

Qoute of the decade

tumblr_plmkb1XQ0N1rq333g_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ryan sees every asylum seeker the same as an Irishman in the queue at Ellis Island in 1900's

What a kind virtuous man he is.

Talking about helium this morning with the assumption that nobody listening could possibly comprehend it has a important use in the medical industry.

• Advertisement

Got the misery email in early so he could talk to someone about their book for 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,631 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Missed the start of today’s show, did he throw the toys out of the pram because Saoirse didn’t get nominated?

I had to turn it off. What he does not understand or like he has to condemn it like its something evil. Tubbs doesnt get it so nobody else should or even try.

Mentions of
    LLS
    Gay Byrne
    Paul McCartney
    Kids books

WTF is "Teening"?

The only story that we ever hear about from WWII is the Jewish story. What about all the Chinese killed by the Japanese, American POWs in Japan, all the Poles killed by the Russians and Germans surely their story is worth at least a fraction of the time spent on WWII stories. Seems like there is serious push on the Jewish story in the media. It's almost as if they were the only victims.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Mentions of
    LLS
    Gay Byrne
    Paul McCartney
    Kids books

That's everything :)

Once I heard Paul McCartneys name..........bang...hit the off button with some force.

He's definitely getting a backhander off Marie Condo. He hasn't shut up about her book and decluttering all week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Hugh Jackman is becoming one of his odd little obsessions.

He seems to really like saying the name "Jean Valjean" , and talking about The Greatest Showman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement