Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Full on misery this morning, compelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dead child.

Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

More dead child!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's going for the full house today.

Intriguing conversation
    The greatest showman
    "Store bought" eggs.
    Trump.
    Dead children.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

sligojoek wrote: »
    He's going for the full house today.

Intriguing conversation
    The greatest showman
    "Store bought" eggs.
    Trump.
    Dead children.

Just need books about jfk, some mention of the Beatles, and interview with Francis Brennan now

Yeaaaaaaaaaa

• Advertisement

Sometimes I think that Tubbs is a flat earther!

If he doesn't get it or understand it it has to be evil and not something that the rest of us common folk should be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I only heard 5 minutes of it this morning. I heard the word "intriguing". It seems to be his favourite word at the moment. When you use a word like that too much it loses its meaning. In the 5 minutes I heard, there was a few Beatles references too.
    I really don't know why I do this to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I only heard 5 minutes of it this morning. I heard the word "intriguing". It seems to be his favourite word at the moment. When you use a word like that too much it loses its meaning. In the 5 minutes I heard, there was a few Beatles references too.

That's BONKERS

When he talked about the beatles and Arianna Grand :mad:At least get the name of the artist right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

When he talked about the beatles and Arianna Grand :mad:At least get the name of the artist right!!

Sure he has no interest in her, so therefore it means nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That's BONKERS

Was it not peculiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Here, this should finish you off.

https://www.instagram.com/instatubridy/?hl=en

Enjoy :D

ps he used the word "intriguing" in his most recent Instagram post, about some podcast he listens to. I'd say at this stage he is just trolling this thread :)

More death & bereavement this morning. Blind Boy speaking about how he deals with death. Speaking of Tibetan sky burials of rotting corpses up on top of masts being picked by vultures. RTE have an absolute fetish with death. I know it’s a very important subject to tackle, but we are spoon fed it on a daily basis now, and it seems at times it’s almost to the delight of the hosts. RTE need to change the record occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

More death & bereavement this morning. Blind Boy speaking about how he deals with death. Speaking of Tibetan sky burials of rotting corpses up on top of masts being picked by vultures. RTE have an absolute fetish with death. I know it’s a very important subject to tackle, but we are spoon fed it on a daily basis now, and it seems at times it’s almost to the delight of the hosts. RTE need to change the record occasionally.

yep, but theyre not about to change the record any time soon.

The Late Late show this week is gonna be about sick kids in Temple Street. Intriguing Friday night entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I wonder could RTE impale the corpses of dead employees onto their TV mast so there could be the constant smell of death, carrion crows swooping overhead ...

• Registered Users Posts: 72,642 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

What was that official apology for?

The Rose Of Tralee assualt incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

No death today.

Except of course for Tubbs dying at the end of the show,as he delivered a grovelling apology to the Tramline bar for airing false info early in the week.

RTE lawyers in a hasty backtrack meltdown.

How intriguing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Uncharted wrote: »
    No death today.

Except of course for Tubbs dying at the end of the show,as he delivered a grovelling apology to the Tramline bar for airing false info early in the week.

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

What was that official apology for?

The Rose Of Tralee assualt incident?

Maybe, or the Junior cert girl outside semi story?

What happened?

I didn't hear the show during the week,so i can't answer that,sorry.

• Advertisement

Check out his recent instagram update: him messing around on the set of Fair City. He really is like a big man-child, our Michael Jackson, and RTE is his Neverland. Hopefully he will won't meet the same end :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Check out his recent instagram update: him messing around on the set of Fair City. He really is like a big man-child, our Michael Jackson, and RTE is his Neverland. Hopefully he will won't meet the same end :p

come on now, Michael Jackson had talent :D

A weird one but I find his take on food is very childish. He was complaining about crusts on bread again this morning. Such a weird thing for a man approaching 50 to say. The sort of sh*te a 7 year old would moan about to his mother. He describes eating as a chore in general: hates anything healthy, only likes eating Jellybeans, etc. etc. Pretty much the attitude of a primary kid. He must be seriously undernourished.

He also got about 30 seconds in this morning before mentioning an intriguing book.

goose2005 wrote: »
    I wonder could RTE impale the corpses of dead employees onto their TV mast so there could be the constant smell of death, carrion crows swooping overhead ...

Ah that’s being very unkind to Ray Darcy etc..:)

No death today.

I only half listen to the show as it’s in when I’m making breakfast. Was it the mother phoning in to give out about the way a place allegedly treated her 14 year old daughter who had been let into the city alone for a night out, for first time in her life? I didn’t hear any place named, but I thought she might be skating on thin ice saying how an establishment should be held responsible for her very young daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Tuned in for about two minutes this morning - he was on about how he got up early so he could get in a bit of a read of the new book he has.
    Had to laugh. This thread has the man down to a tee. :D:D #tubridybingo

I think Tubs is more enamoured with the idea of reading; it gives him a niche in RTE, the (pseudo-) intellectual presenter. Joe has the gossipy housewives and loonies, Ray has the bland listeners too bored to change the station, so Tubs has to have something for the 5 hours he is on in the week. He's not really interested in anything beyond the surface level, so he can't do politics or sports; he never talks about his private life, so there's nothing there to discuss. Even with his love of books, it's all general fiction, usually rubbish; nothing heavyweight about it. I'd love to see Tubridy on one of those Arts review shows, but he knows he's not up to that serious level of debate/bull****, and would avoid it. Give the man some credit; he knows his limitations!. He doesn't care enough about anything to have serious opinions. When you are in a bubble and life is good, who needs to let negativity inside. It's why he loves dressing up as people like Willy Wonka; another successful, but isolated public figure, who can live in fantasyland. Tubs is our bubble boy :)

He really is like a big man-child, our Michael Jackson, and RTE is his Neverland.

Hmmmm.

Makes that sweet jar under his desk on the LLS seem more sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Red Fred

He also sneaked in a comment that he will be off next week.

Yet there was no apology over the treatment of Peter Casey!

• Advertisement

Red Fred wrote: »
    He also sneaked in a comment that he will be off next week.

Back to the chocolate factory,don't you know.

Those curiously intriguing Easter eggs with a Scandi - noir crime novel inside won't make themselves.

How intriguing. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement