Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Trump, sweets, Beatles, Toy Show. The radio has gone out the window.

You're bonkers!

How intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Books books books books books, and a snide comment about a Kindle, more books, books and more books.

Yeh the kindle comment was uncalled for!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Tubbs will tell us what we should be reading this summer.....turns off radio!

Patrick and The President?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

Yeh the kindle comment was uncalled for!

also a snidey comment about some local group - medievalists or somethings

A near 50 yr old man who lists shrek and the muppets as his favourites sneering at other people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Tubs and Joe Duffy must have dirt on the Irish Times radio reviewer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Tubs and Joe Duffy must have dirt on the Irish Times radio reviewer.
    He was spot-on about Ivan Yates though. "Bloviating" How accurate. I'll use that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Toy show mentioned in the first minute.
    Kylie Cancer.
    Bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Tubridy: "And when you tried to commit suicide, was that just a cry for help"
    Guest: "No I wanted to kill myself".

ffs, do they really need to put this on first thing on a Monday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭applehunter

Only caught the last few minutes of the interview but he was talking to a female comedian and was giving our the phone number for the Samaritans at the end.

I was thinking that sounds about right.

Caught moments of him today, in the car. Talking to a retiring Deis school teacher. By the sounds of him a change of underwear was imminent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Tubs a big cheerleader for Christine le gard ?!

Tubs a big cheerleader for Christine le gard ?!

And the womens USA team

sligojoek wrote: »
    And the womens USA team

How peculiar....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Never did get the appeal of the Carry On films actually, just to mention......

Imhof Tank wrote: »

Does Tubs like then? The man should have been born in 1900.

I shouldn’t be surprised he likes them on one level, but I am from a woke PC perspective as you know everyone in RTÉ is so “right on”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

https://www.thejournal.ie/bai-peter-casey-4708247-Jul2019/9/

Can’t see tubbs mentioning this on his show.

Tubbs didn’t lose control.....strange as I don’t think he could control a wet dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,832 ✭✭✭✭L1011

https://www.thejournal.ie/bai-peter-casey-4708247-Jul2019/9/

Can’t see tubbs mentioning this on his show.

The BAI found nothing wrong - realistically its the kind of thing he might mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Does Tubs like then? The man should have been born in 1900.

I shouldn’t be surprised he likes them on one level, but I am from a woke PC perspective as you know everyone in RTÉ is so “right on”.

No there was something in the papers about them remaking the Carry On series, ideal opportunity for a quick virtue signal from Saint Ryan.

No there was something in the papers about them remaking the Carry On series, ideal opportunity for a quick virtue signal from Saint Ryan.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 21,029 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

they were the funniest thing ever when i was a kid but discovering monty python and the young ones finished them for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Like Mrs Browns Boys......so bad……………………they are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Facepalm. Get the name right. He cant imagine that a biography on a tennis player could be interesting, yet he bores everyone to tears with books about dead US presidents.

Man has a few pints.

Pretty intriguing

sligojoek wrote: »
    Man has a few pints.

Pretty intriguing

I was surprised he described the two lady friends of said man as “stunners”. That’s very offensive.....I wouldn’t have expected this from someone so woke. :rolleyes:

He’s just said “shenanigans” and “jiggery pokery”, followed by 3 “remarkables” and now Saoirse Ronan. There’s more Bingo Buzzwords here than on Da Lahv Lahn.

Now Trump. Quelle surprise....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This is 'hard to believe radio"

What’s needed now Buttersuki is some GOLD from Tubbs. He’ll play safe though.

What’s needed now Buttersuki is some GOLD from Tubbs. He’ll play safe though.

I’m not listening now, back in the office. I was at a breakfast meeting in google where I discussed the future with execs young enough to be my kids (and I’m in my 40s) then I turn on the radio to hear a man in his 40s talk like an 85year old Luddite would. It was an intriguing and peculiar juxtaposition so to speak.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

This is 'hard to believe radio"

It's like listening to a car crash.

• Advertisement

Facepalm. Get the name right. He cant imagine that a biography on a tennis player could be interesting, yet he bores everyone to tears with books about dead US presidents.

As someone who reads an awful lot of autobiographies, I have to say the Agassi one is a great read, though it’s a little over-hyped.

He spent 5 minutes talking about how great it was to hear about a non-boring tennis player, then refuses to read the life story of possibly the most interesting elite male tennis player of the last 30years. How very peculiar....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement