Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

As someone who reads an awful lot of autobiographies, I have to say the Agassi one is a great read, though it’s a little over-hyped.

He spent 5 minutes talking about how great it was to hear about a non-boring tennis player, then refuses to read the life story of possibly the most interesting elite male tennis player of the last 30years. How very peculiar....

Truly bonkers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

He’s just said “shenanigans” and “jiggery pokery”, followed by 3 “remarkables” and now Saoirse Ronan. There’s more Bingo Buzzwords here than on Da Lahv Lahn.

He has a very irritating way of speaking which he seems to think is charmingly quaint.

I was surprised he described the two lady friends of said man as “stunners”. That’s very offensive.....I wouldn’t have expected this from someone so woke. :rolleyes:

Par for the course here. One minute he'll be looking for pats on the back by championing diversity and "kindness" and the next he'll be making some comment that could easily offend those he seems to want to appeal to.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I was surprised he described the two lady friends of said man as “stunners”. That’s very offensive.....I wouldn’t have expected this from someone so woke. :rolleyes:

He’s just said “shenanigans” and “jiggery pokery”, followed by 3 “remarkables” and now Saoirse Ronan. There’s more Bingo Buzzwords here than on Da Lahv Lahn.

To be fair to Tubbs, he was quoting a tabloid newspaper when he said "stunners".

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    To be fair to Tubbs, he was quoting a tabloid newspaper when he said "stunners".

Was it so? Ok, fair enough if that was the case. I wasn't giving the radio my full attention at the time as I was slowly moving in Dublin traffic and simultaneously observing and eavesdropping on a boisterous "conversation" betwixt a ne'er do well and a member of the local constabulary so to speak.

I would ask though why he needed to quote a tabloid word for word on this. Why not just say "2 ladies" or "2 women" or "2 female companions" or something else? You can't be acting all woke and then use the "I was only reading out what it said in the tabloid" as an excuse....so to speak.

#justsayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,639 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Turn on radio

baz in full verbal diarrhea flow

Turn off radio

• Advertisement

Turn on radio

Turn off radio
    Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Come back tubbers,we're sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I turned off after five minutes. Who cares if he was at a wedding in Windsor? Why is there this need to tell us what he was doing in his own time? Who cares? Nonsense.

I noticed Ryan Turbity has managed to get himself onto Leo Burdock's wall of fame.

Ryan Tubridy hasnt made the cut however. Not important enough I'd say. Or just doesnt like chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Turn on radio

Turn off radio

Change from the Tubridy line of patter. The thing with Baz though is that he overdoes the domestics a bit. Amusing the first few times you hear him, but at this stage it's more like a calling card. How his better half stands for it, is beyond me, must have great patience.

• Advertisement

I noticed Ryan Turbity has managed to get himself onto Leo Burdock's wall of fame.

Ryan Tubridy hasnt made the cut however. Not important enough I'd say. Or just doesnt like chips.

Lisa Murphy made that list. Wow.

Lisa Murphy made that list. Wow.

With the general calibre of names of that wall , I'm sort of offended that I'm not on it!

"TV3 crew" - wtf!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Why does this guy always talk like a fifteen year old girl having a stroke?

Way too casual to be a presenter on the national broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

On the same level as Tubs with personal interests, only instead of books, JFK and The Beatles, it's "de kids" "de missus" and "de mammy". No one cares.

Baz just said he was a recruitment consultant for years

Well suited to him

If ever there was a career for bullsh1tters...

Baz just said he was a recruitment consultant for years

Well suited to him

If ever there was a career for bullsh1tters...

Hes a shíťéhawk.

"We have tech free days in our house."

He got the memo from Tubbs then.

Tubbs doing Joe Duffy proud with the sorrowful tone.

Noel was a prolific READER !!

Uncharted wrote: »

Duffy was on the bat phone to tubbers coaching him at 6am this morning.

• Advertisement

Brindin O Cardle on now.

All the usual suspects being wheeled out.
    RTE really are so predictable.

Uncharted wrote: »

Wat colour was de sorrowful tone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Holy Moly! Don’t usually hear this show in full. Ryan name dropping every book, tv show, Gil, gig etc. he’s been to this past week. Is this a usual occurrence?

honeybear wrote: »
    Holy Moly! Don’t usually hear this show in full. Ryan name dropping every book, tv show, Gil, gig etc. he’s been to this past week. Is this a usual occurrence?

How many gigs did he pay for? I’d be willing to bet the sun total of zero.

#RTÉ #junkets

"Google this and Google that. Watch this and that on YouTube".
    In the next breath he'll be telling us to stay away from the internet.

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Google this and Google that. Watch this and that on YouTube".
    In the next breath he'll be telling us to stay away from the internet.

Digital detox is so important folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

No mention of Clinton in relation to the Monica Lewinsky thing. Completely absolved of all involvement or any responsibility.

Could you imagine if it was the other lad. It wouldn't be a "pithy", laughing matter then would it.

BONKERS. within the first 20 seconds

"Kindness" seems to be the word of the day.

• Advertisement

Willy Wonka and "kindness" mentioned in first 2 minutes.

New record.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement