Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Time for Newstalk

• Registered Users Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He’s in full panic mode this morning over boris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

For a man who presents the day's stories in such a subjective, skewed manner, I think he is the last person that should be slagging off the authenticity of certain history documentaries. He would be a great history teacher if you only wanted one side of the story.

This has to be the worst I've ever heard him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

sligojoek wrote: »
    This has to be the worst I've ever heard him.

I had to turn him off after maybe 2 minutes.

• Advertisement

"My eyes are welling up here"

The sign of a made up text.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,655 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I’m out.

"Kind" three times in that email.

Made up.

It's his latest favourite word.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

"My eyes are welling up here"

The sign of a made up text.

That’s Ryan’s version of Alison Curtis’s “we’re all dancing around the kitchen”.

You could hear Turbridy squirming at Treacy's assertion that there were actually women out there who targetted famous footballers. That didn't fit the RTE narrative at all.

• Advertisement

Bonkers start to the show

Books. Books.

Children (young people)

Green stuff.

Yawn

Very fired up about the LLS

What's with colm Wilkinson? He's had about 10 mentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Bonkers start to the show

Books. Books.

Children (young people)

Green stuff.

Yawn

Turned off after 5 mins. Tubbers lecturing about history in GMIT. The Kennedys The Late Late. Sane ding dong every day

And history! Don’t forget how sexy history is!

And can watch it on YouTube - but digital is really really really really bad every other day of the week.....

Gavin Lambe Murphy.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Late Late Show is back with a bang with

Wait for it

A tribute to part time members of the emergency services

Wait for it

Mr. Duffy will love this if "De Fibre Gade" gets a mention.

Gavin Lambe Murphy.

Jesus wept.

I had stopped listenigng by then. What did the spoofer have to say (GLM, not Ryan in this case)?

Wait for it

"They're part of Ireland and part of what we are."

Ya. No other countries have emergency services.

Cocaine :eek: Ask him about G Ryan.

Mr. Duffy will love this if "De Fibre Gade" gets a mention.

He'll be watching it in the den with the door locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

I had stopped listenigng by then. What did the spoofer have to say (GLM, not Ryan in this case)?

Absolute bollox talk about how crazy and exhausting his 'old' life was.

Dining in the finest restaurants,spending 3 grand on a Gucci jacket, taking cocaine morning,noon and night.

All that is behind him now of course.

Although he had to crowbar in the fact ,that he was wearing Prada at the time of the interview.

:rolleyes:

Pretentious prìck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Uncharted wrote: »
    Absolute bollox talk about how crazy and exhausting his 'old' life was....

Lambe Murphy. Holy f*ck.. why was he on the show anyway? I didnt quite catch the reason. Is he going to write a book about the dangers of being an absolute tosser?

What an insincere effort to portray himself as someone who has recovered from 'vacuous wanker syndrome'. Calls himself 'the original influencer' to try and have some relevance in today's world.

obviously, back in the early 00s he was acting like a snob "ironically". He was actually taking the piss out of the D4 scene and "intelligent people got that" i.e. if you dont like him youre just not clever enough to get him.

He's living in MOR-BAY-YAW dont you know? And he has taken up "plogging" with a couple of Swedish lads. Sounds like something that would require an awful lot of lube.

The worst thing is that Tubridy and co are giving this idiot air time 20 years after he retired from being an irrelevant loser. Cant say Im surprised though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Lambe Murphy. Holy f*ck.. why was he on the show anyway? I didnt quite catch the reason. Is he going to write a book about the dangers of being an absolute tosser?

What an insincere effort to portray himself as someone who has recovered from 'vacuous wanker syndrome'. Calls himself 'the original influencer' to try and have some relevance in today's world.

obviously, back in the early 00s he was acting like a snob "ironically". He was actually taking the piss out of the D4 scene and "intelligent people got that" i.e. if you dont like him youre just not clever enough to get him.

He's living in MOR-MAY-YAW dont you know? And he has taken up "plogging" with a couple of Swedish lads. Sounds like something that would require an awful lot of lube.

The worst thing is that Tubridy and co are giving this idiot air time 20 years after he retired from being an irrelevant loser. Cant say Im surprised though.

+1.

In a nutshell.

As for Tubridy's patronizing crusade to promote history degrees: As always, he doesnt explore the issue in any depth and just romanticizes his own interests in the most infantile of ways.

Students are rightly worried about their future prospects and they want to get something concrete out of college. Where does Tubridy suppose all these history graduates go after studying for 3+ years? Not everyone can study philosophy (or whatever he did at UCD) and relax in the knowledge that family connections will get them a big salary and a job for life in RTE.

The NUIG big shots getting him in to talk about history should be ashamed to be asking such an unqualified person to sell their degree. He's not fit to give a history speech in a primary school. But then again, the university big wigs are only interested in churning out as many graduates as possible to justify their own six figure salaries.

There's some amount of fake text messages being read out too:

"Ryan, I'm intrigued that someone from the Central Statistics Office called to your home yesterday. What exactly did they ask you?".

Strange how the texter used the Tubridy's favourite word and how Tubridy just happened to have the CSO questionnaire with him.

Any excuse to fill air time with his inane personal interests. Boring and self-indulgent.

At least hed be writing on a subject on which hes an expert ! :);)

Expert indeed! Unlike Tubridy, who has written books about JFK yet has no interest in analyzing the man's politics or criticizing him in any way.

What does the history expert talk about in these books anyway? How many scones and cups of tea JFK had when he visited Ireland? Whether he preferred Jacobs Kimberley or Mikado?

Expert indeed! Unlike Tubridy, who has written books about JFK yet has no interest in analyzing the man's politics or criticizing him in any way.

What does the history expert talk about in these books anyway? How many scones and cups of tea JFK had when he visited Ireland? Whether he preferred Jacobs Kimberley or Mikado?

Coconut Creams caller.:).
    He'll probably have that other fuggin egit Baz on next week....just for balance ;)

Cocaine :eek: Ask him about G Ryan.

They wouldn't have to leave the studio to talk about it.

• Advertisement

Gavin Lambe Murphy.

Jesus wept.
    Wasn't aware that he was still alive.

Very curious -- I can't understand how there are still drugs in Ireland. After Katy French died, Lamb Murphy said he was going to sit down to lunch with Pat Carey and sort out the problem. :rolleyes::pac:

Fcuking eejit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement