Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

sligojoek wrote: »
    As an aside I see Rory Cowan has got the start with Fair City. Jobs for the boys.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Would he be an eddie rockets man?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Tubridy only likes the forms of social media that don't hold him to account for his awful Late Late show.

The awful Late Late Show is back on Friday,so cue the latest fake celebrities,Dermot Bannon,the RTE canteen staff,Dermot Bannon,Jason Byrne,Dermot Bannon,Jason Byrne,and Dermot Bannon + the misery slots and fake country and Irish singers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The awful Late Late Show is back on Friday,so cue the latest fake celebrities,Dermot Bannon,the RTE canteen staff,Dermot Bannon,Jason Byrne,Dermot Bannon,Jason Byrne,and Dermot Bannon + the misery slots and fake country and Irish singers
    What about Daniel, Pat Shortt, that gay hotel fella, Nathan Carter, Brendan O Cardell, Marty the Alien?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Throw in the former Irish Love Island contestants now to boot

• Advertisement

Portsalon wrote: »
    While simultaneously sneering at Jacob Rees-Mogg who knew his history well enough to cite Parnell! You just can't win with binary bRyan Tosspot!
    Rees-Mogg's book has been absolutely savaged by critics. The Times (London) called it "a dozen clumsily written pompous schoolboy compositions about 19th century characters", and "anathema to anyone with an ounce of historical, or simply common, sense".

In another review, in the same newspaper, Dominic Sandbrook, historian and broadcaster, wrote "there is just no denying it: the book is terrible, so bad, so boring, so mind-bogglingly banal that if it had been written by anybody else it would never have been published.”

Others said similar (see tweet below). In fairness, Tubridy's own sycophancy towards the Kennedy's 'Camelot' is deserving of a serious thrashing too, but lets not anybody be confused. Rees-Mogg is no historian, and deserves every bit of ridicule he gets.

https://twitter.com/steveplrose/status/1130148770124111873

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

The awful Late Late Show is back on Friday,so cue the latest fake celebrities,Dermot Bannon,the RTE canteen staff

Well, I knew that I would need something to watch on Friday night so I downloaded David Icke's new movie Renegade (2019) and I said that's grand I'll watch that on Friday night when the hatstand is on.

Then I said "oh, better just make sure that it plays", started it off playing, and then.......... I hear it...... I don't believe it.... I must be losing my mind..... It's not........ It f**king is........ the f**king hatstand is on my Friday night hatstand-replacing film. :confused::mad:

Yep, you guessed it.

489913.jpg

They started the movie by showing a section of Icke's interview with him. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Throw in the former Irish Love Island contestants now to boot

Fake celebrities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Rees-Mogg's book has been absolutely savaged by critics. The Times (London) called it "a dozen clumsily written pompous schoolboy compositions about 19th century characters", and "anathema to anyone with an ounce of historical, or simply common, sense".

In another review, in the same newspaper, Dominic Sandbrook, historian and broadcaster, wrote "there is just no denying it: the book is terrible, so bad, so boring, so mind-bogglingly banal that if it had been written by anybody else it would never have been published.”

Others said similar (see tweet below). In fairness, Tubridy's own sycophancy towards the Kennedy's 'Camelot' is deserving of a serious thrashing too, but lets not anybody be confused. Rees-Mogg is no historian, and deserves every bit of ridicule he gets.

https://twitter.com/steveplrose/status/1130148770124111873

I am aware of all of the above, thanks.

However, given that my post referred to an entirely correct historical analogue mentioned by Mr. Rees-Mogg, I am puzzled as to its relevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭hawley

The 46-year-old said he didn't want to big up his role in the rescue - but said a passer-by commented he was the "right man in the right place" after he caught the buggy.

Tubs said the shopping centre he shops at has been having work done "for ages" and the incident happened on a flat escalator that's not working at the moment.

Speaking on his RTE Radio One show, he revealed: "The shopping centre I go to is a war-zone, it's a building site and it's been going on for ages.

"That's fine, I love the place, loads of Irish shops."

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4512371/rte-ryan-tubridy-saves-baby-escalator-buggy/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

hawley wrote: »
    The 46-year-old said he didn't want to big up his role in the rescue - but said a passer-by commented he was the "right man in the right place" after he caught the buggy.

Tubs said the shopping centre he shops at has been having work done "for ages" and the incident happened on a flat escalator that's not working at the moment.

Speaking on his RTE Radio One show, he revealed: "The shopping centre I go to is a war-zone, it's a building site and it's been going on for ages.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4512371/rte-ryan-tubridy-saves-baby-escalator-buggy/

So opens a prime time radio show with the story. Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Reminds me of mitch hedburg...escalators don't break down, they become stairs:)

Portsalon wrote: »
    I am aware of all of the above, thanks.

However, given that my post referred to an entirely correct historical analogue mentioned by Mr. Rees-Mogg, I am puzzled as to its relevance.
    You insinuated that Rees Mogg had a decent grasp of history -- or at least one that Ryan Tubridy should show some respect for. Rees Mogg has been widely ridiculed for his poor grasp of 19th century UK history. That's the point.

Furthermore, he was wrong about Parnell.

How were Parnell's actions unconstitutional, as claimed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭applehunter

Who's better at history? Really

• Registered Users Posts: 72,655 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Keith Barry on tomorrow night’s Late Late Show...for a change. :pac:

And he'll be "messing" with the love island crowd.

Fairly woeful line up on fairness. Although he has a new chair. I might tune in for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

More LLS talk. Ffs!

It's ad nauseam at this stage.

Piss off Tubbs.

" I'm feeling a bit goofy today " says he.

:rolleyes: you poor fool Ryan.

He'll be going tieless. "Which we think is right"

"Feeling Goofy today, cos it's Thursday"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He's feeling goofy today :D

• Advertisement

Although he has a new chair.

Hopefully this one...

125328.gif?quality=90&lb=620,413&background=white

Is this a 60 minute ad for the Late Late

Who will you pick to win today Ryan ?

Tears rolling down somebody's face listening to LLS theme tune.

I'm even more convinced those texts are made up.

Toy show costumes on mannequins at the ploughing comp.
    WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Tears rolling down somebody's face listening to LLS theme tune.

I'm even more convinced those texts are made up.

Toy show costumes on mannequins at the ploughing comp.
    WTF?

Tubbs is an utter man child. It's cringe inducing to listen to this buffoon.

This personality is the result of a privileged existence and never hearing the sacred words " cop yourself on and do what you're told, you gobsh1te " .

Spoilt brat becomes spoilt man child. QED.

Is this bint crying?. Duffy would be proud of tubbers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Is this bint crying?. Duffy would be proud of tubbers

Why the pejorative term? Why wouldn't she cry?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

So opens a prime time radio show with the story. Right.

I posted this yesterday but here's some actual footage of Ryan's dramatic rescue of the runaway baby buggy yesterday:

Ryan will be disappointed to learn that this mystery teacher is now a convicted paedophile.

• Advertisement

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Why the pejorative term? Why wouldn't she cry?

Because that's how I see her. Why would she cry ?. She knew in advance what she'd be talking about,so should be prepared for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement