Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

SUPERMARKET SAVE RTE’s Ryan Tubridy reveals he saved baby who was ‘hurtling’ down shopping centre travelator in buggy
    Claire Healy

RTE's Ryan Tubridy has told how he saved a baby who was "hurtling" down a broken travelator in a buggy yesterday.

The Late Late Show host revealed a strap on the buggy snapped, sending the baby flying down the ramp - before he stopped the pram in its tracks at the bottom.

RTE's Ryan Tubridy revealed he stopped a buggy that was hurtling down a broken escalator

RTE's Ryan Tubridy revealed he stopped a buggy that was hurtling down a broken escalatorCredit: Tony Kinlan
    The 46-year-old said he didn't want to big up his role in the rescue - but said a passer-by commented he was the "right man in the right place" after he caught the buggy.

Tubs said the shopping centre he shops at has been having work done "for ages" and the incident happened on a flat escalator that's not working at the moment.

Speaking on his RTE Radio One show, he revealed: "The shopping centre I go to is a war-zone, it's a building site and it's been going on for ages.

"That's fine, I love the place, loads of Irish shops.

"So one of the escalators that doesn't have steps - you know the flat ones, that's not working now - but you can still go down it, it's covered in a mat and you can still go down it if you want, and there's someone standing at the top for safety and security."
    'SLOW MOTION'
    Tubridy - who returns for another season of the Late Late Show this Friday - said it all happened in "slow motion".

He said: "So I was at the bottom of it, looking up towards the top and this all happened in slow motion.

"At the very top, there was a mum with a buggy, with a child of about 18 months in the buggy, eating what looked like a cinnamon swirl.

"Child happy, mother hassled, box under the arm, holding the buggy, but there was a strap she was holding the buggy by.

"Then, split second, the strap snapped open. The buggy was released, I look up and all I see hurtling down the escalator is runaway baby with cinnamon swirl snapped in half."

BUGGY DRAMA
    Tubs said the baby seemed "oblivious" as the buggy kept coming down the escalator.

He added: "I crouched, put my arms out and stopped the buggy in its tracks."

And he said he was just glad that the mum and baby were both okay.

He said: "I did look over my shoulder and if no one had been there, the baby would have been in a bit of pain, there would have been a bruise, a burst lip, something.

"So it just happened that it worked out in the end. The mother had done nothing wrong, it was just something faulty with the strap holding onto the pram.

"The guy at the top, the health and safety guy, he had done everything right 'are you okay, do you want a hand', 'no I'm fine'.

"It just was one of those things and thankfully everything was okay."

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hurtling hurtling hurtling.

How steep was it. I'd like to see a pic.

Never mind the baby. Was the cinnamon swirl okay?

Ryan will be disappointed to learn that this mystery teacher is now a convicted paedophile.
    I turned off shortly after the Goofy music. Was it a mystery teacher or a history teacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,655 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

sligojoek wrote: »
    I turned off shortly after the Goofy music. Was it a mystery teacher or a history teacher?

The guest gave a ‘Dead Poets Society’ -esque quote from one of her old teachers, which made Ryan instantly turn his y-fronts white.

He then started quizzing/pressuring her about the teacher’s name (she couldn’t remember) and asked listeners to help him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Toy show costumes on mannequins at the ploughing comp.
    WTF?

Couldn't get any more Irish than that.

Christ I just remembered, it's nearly ploughing championship time of year, isn't it?

Rte will be creaming themselves at the prospect of that, full on coverage like it's the Irish world cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Because that's how I see her. Why would she cry ?. She knew in advance what she'd be talking about,so should be prepared for it.

That explains it.

Apologies for the silly question.

Ryan will be disappointed to learn that this mystery teacher is now a convicted paedophile.

I thought it was a producer in RTE? Oh, no, that was a differnt person who shall never be talked about again on RTE.

He'll be going tieless. "Which we think is right"

I read recently that a new study showed that ties were a sign of patriarchy. Ryan must have read the same study.
    He's feeling goofy today :D

Has he changed his name to Pluto?

I read recently that a new study showed that ties were a sign of patriarchy. Ryan must have read the same study.

Oh ffs. He should burn his bra along with the tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Congratulations to Tubridy for finally making one single contribution to society.

• Advertisement

Peter Andre :D

(Obligatory ‘I’m in tears listening to this’ comment read out from ‘listener’ after Peter discusses whatever illness he has)

Peter Andre :D

(Obligatory ‘I’m in tears listening to this’ comment read out from ‘listener’ after Peter discusses whatever illness he has)

Is that a post from somewhere between 1996 - 2004?

It's just insania.

Bryan to mention the LLS within:
    a) 1 minute
    b) 3 minutes
    c) 5 minutes

Dublin, Ireland

Huge response to the late late show.

Brexit
    Trump
    Orban
    Boris Johnson
    RTE (News Now) plug
    The Troubles
    carry on
    HUGE RESPONSE TO THE LATE LATE SHOW!
    something special happened
    we all fell in love with Sinead O'Connor
    epic opening of the show
    About 5 mentions of The Late Late Show already
    a nice thing to do
    Camogie - Bryan is delighted for Galway which is grr-reat!
    I didn't go to the match but I watched it on telly and then went in for a pint.
    it will be exciting!
    Town was abuzz, people stopping to say hello, a great sense of kindness.
    I stopped to talk to a homeless woman - not out of some sense of virtue signalling or amn't I great.................but I'll say it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

"A sense of kindness around Dublin on Saturday."

:rolleyes:

Just fcuk off Ryan :mad:

Inevitable Kennedy reference on the way soon........

Lee Harvey Oswalk mention....Kennedy by proxy

Lee Harvey Oswalk mention....Kennedy by proxy

Snap :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Uncharted wrote: »

:rolleyes:

Just fcuk off Ryan :mad:

Ryan already producing far more drool and slobber than my infant twins did when they were both teething. :(

The Irish Sun did a big interview with Tom Hanks. :pac::pac::pac:

They did in their hoop Bryan. They cut and paste it from somewhere else you muppet. Like The Irish Sun would get an interview with Tom Hanks FFS. They'd be doing well to get an interview with Mondo from Fair City.

I'm out, can't be dealing with this nonsense so early.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Peter Casey to get a mention soon to complete Ryan's bingo card
    BINGO

Well done

Nice soft interview so far.

Any questions about how they want to screw more money from us?

Wow, she sounds really mature.

Perfect politician, then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Uncharted wrote: »

I suppose if you loll about on Tubridy's salary, you see things differently. Heard some talk of pay cuts - is he lined up for that as well. Pay slashing though is what is needed.

This wan will go far in politics :rolleyes:

Not even elected yet and she's already a total pro at the verbal gymnastics.

Her website is ........

Aligned to any party just to get nose in the trough.com

Now I know what Boris is wearing, I can go to work in peace.

The toy show.

• Advertisement

My god, I hope there is some Malcolm Tucker-type character ready to chastise Boris after this speech!

Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement