Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,784 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ha! Ha! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ryan-tubridy-faces-a-backlash-over-his-remarks-about-greta-thunberg-38532504.html

If he truly believes what he said yesterday he should stick to his guns and not apologise, but of course being an RTE luvvie right on woke SJW wannabe, he'll have to appear (at least) to be down with the kids and will apologise today after "extensively researching the subject last night" and no doubt mention he should have minded her himself and shown some kindness or some meaningless waffle.

It is interesting to me that the article mentioned RTE received no complaints from listeners. Yet out of nowhere a Green Party councilor wades in for the oxygen of publicity! :rolleyes:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Ah the irony of government leaders and their huge entourages flying to NYC on private jets or Business Class to lecture us all on climate change.

Could most of them including Thunberg not organise a video conference?

This idea of everyone from all over the world having to meet in one place is a huge driver of CO2 emissions.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Just because you place females on pedestals doesn't mean the rest of us venerate miss Thunberg

This is the bit that amuses me she is a an infallible green pope (who makes statements no soloutions same as the real pope) immune from any negative critism whatsoever (unlike the real pope). Even implied criticism is jumped upon.
    It is verging on religious zealot type stuff.
    Even in the papers some have tried to create a narrative that it is middle aged males v Thunberg :D
    Personally, I wonder what Maggie Thatcher would have made of her? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Uncharted wrote: »
    I'm hopeful there will be some ' kindness ' shown to Tubbs here.

If not,I'm fearful he won't enjoy his jelly beans,as he reads his new intriguing history book beside a delicious fire.

fixed that for ya. :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Question a sacred cow of the left in even the mildest possible manner and they will descend like vultures and rip the flesh from your bones

Bizzare statement, climate change has nothing to do with left or right, it is affecting everyone on earth regardless of their politics.

Tubridy, s comments have nothing to do with climate change, his crime was asking a question about a Saint of the left, it's the left who are visiting damnation on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Just because you place females on pedestals doesn't mean the rest of us venerate miss Thunberg

This is the bit that amuses me she is a an infallible green pope (who makes statements no soloutions same as the real pope) immune from any negative critism whatsoever (unlike the real pope). Even implied criticism is jumped upon.
    Even in the papers some have tried to create a narrative that it is middle aged males v Thunberg :D

The left are deeply religious about these things, tubridy is guilty of blasphemy by insulting the prophet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

She doesn't need solutions, that's the governments job.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The left are deeply religious about these things, tubridy is guilty of blasphemy by insulting the prophet

The left ....ffs

Seems that way no matter what direction they would class themselves as. I would not have believed it until I made the mistake of commenting on a Thunberg thread in the environmental forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111328205

It has been much more relaxed elsewhere on boards - it was kind of the hornets nest there.

She doesn't need solutions, that's the governments job.

But by doing so and not even understanding the potential solutions and the problems implementing such solutions - Thunberg could be said to be blinkered on the issues as she only sees one side of the coin.

All she is doing really is making noise solving nothing - it all seems like hot air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

withless wrote: »
    Hopefully it will be a full heel turn.

I wont be listening either way.

Tubridy is soul poison.

A bit like here.
    I'm out, was hoping for better than that.

Of course you were, but I'm sure you'll be back. Nothing short of resignation will be good enough.

I never said anything about pedastels ...

And Tubs never told anybody to toddle off. But don't let facts get in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

More Music wrote: »

Of course you were, but I'm sure you'll be back. Nothing short of resignation will be good enough.

Sorry, I should have said I'll parachute out of here and go and listen to my Christie Hennessy CDs or play some amateur snooker.

I didn't call for his his resignation, but hey, just go ahead and make things up now.

And Tubs never told anybody to toddle off. But don't let facts get in the way.

The irony! Did you hear your chum Mr. Duffy accuse a man repeatedly of lying today because of an ommission. Fairly simple to understrand the difference between the two, but not for the great one who went to Trinity College it seems.

A bit like here.

None of us are here to police others' choices to listen to any radio programme or not. Cut it out please. - Mod

Sorry, I should have said I'll parachute out of here and go and listen to my Christie Hennessy CDs or play some amateur snooker.

I didn't call for his his resignation, but hey, just go ahead and make things up now.

1. I don't get the reference to Christy Hennessy - you might explain
    2. I don't get the reference to amateur snooker - you might explain
    3. I never said you called for any resignation, so I didn't make anything up. That was a general statement for people with a massive chip on their shoulder.

More Music take a break from the Forum for a couple of hours, will PM later.

Everyone else, please do not quote or reply further. Can we get back on topic please and be "kind" to each others. Mind each other x

Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Christ ! Can we go back to slagging off .. discussing Tubridy please?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

This history crusade he's on is sickening. He was particularly bad today:

- inspirational teachers (I'd say he's knocked a few out to Dead Poets Society)
    - gorgeous and delicious history books
    - we must learn from the past (how original!)
    - we must all write to the minister for education to demand that history be compulsory.

The whole thing just stinks of him trying to appear bookwormish.

He would be an awful history teacher anyway. Utterly biased.

A pompous eejit getting half a million quid to push his own personal agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Have to say I was amazed at the woman who took the kid from the surrogate. Very very unusual. She seemed to speak of the surrogate mother as someone who had actually lost a child and she was comforting her through the trauma - as opposed to somebody that she was paying to go through the trauma for her own personal gain. Just didnt sit right with me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

He would be an awful history teacher anyway. Utterly biased.

This is the key to it. I've spent half my life learning what the Education System had to say, and then the rest of my life trying to deprogram myself and learn a bit of the truth about life.

Could you imagine Tubridy telling the story of the US Election in 2016. He'd probably just tell all the kids that Hillary won because the truth hurts too much. He should stick to writing books about sheep, that's about his level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

This is the key to it. I've spent half my life learning what the Education System had to say, and then the rest of my life trying to deprogram myself and learn a bit of the truth about life.

Could you imagine Tubridy telling the story of the US Election in 2016. He'd probably just tell all the kids that Hillary won because the truth hurts too much. He should stick to writing books about sheep, that's about his level.

His students would be well set for the leaving cert if asked how much tea and biscuits JFK had when he came to visit. He is incapable of providing real insight into history or politics.

He can't contrast opposing points of view and is either licking the holes off those he idealizes or attacking/patronizing anyone not of his FF/Democrat ilk. And he is so self-absorbed that he thinks that this approach will get him kudos.

His history crusade is in itself a perfect example of his mindset. He likes the subject so it never crosses his mind that it might be unproductive to force someone to memorize it at the expense of something else that they are passionate about and will excel in.

Tubridy is all tweed jacket and no substance. He is in need of a major reality check.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

From this article today:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/it-came-from-the-heart-just-genuine-concern-ryan-tubridy-addresses-greta-thunberg-remarks-after-backlash-38532862.html

Tubridy said: "Never underestimate my love and appreciation for the next generation, please don't."

Passive agressive comment from Tubridy...
    ...We will think what we like Tubridy, don't tell us how we should think ...especially about you!!

His students would be well set for the leaving cert if asked how much tea and biscuits JFK had when he came to visit. He is incapable of providing real insight into history or politics.

He can't contrast opposing points of view and is either licking the holes off those he idealizes or attacking/patronizing anyone not of his FF/Democrat ilk.
    I think that's the nub of it. For someone who claims to be such a passionate defender of the study of history, Tubridy's approach to processing news and history is quite at-odds with the dispassionate, open-minded approach that history is supposed to defend.

Maybe someone can correct me, but I think most of us learned in our history lessons that, in interpreting facts, personal political bias is generally considered toxic. You should try to be open to all kinds of conclusions and consequences, if that's humanly possible, even to the point where you risk undermining your own personal view.

I know I'd make a terrible historian because I find it difficult at the best of times to park my own biases (nobody is shocked to hear that). I'd like to hear Tubridy try to give an honest review of his own impartiality/ fairness of insight, before he preaches to everyone else on this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,655 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Things looking a bit ‘impeachy’ for Trump.

I’m sure Ryan won’t mention this tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Finish your words and sentences Ryan. It's annoying and not edgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,655 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Korn?! Limp Bizkit?!

*checks calendar to make sure that it’s not the year 1999*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

LLS plug #1

I don't understand Alexa.
    It's a lonely road not being tech-savvy in 2019.
    Apparently Alexa talks back to you.
    I don't really get it.
    Everytime you say Alexa the machine goes bonkers!
    Korn or Limp Bizkit or one of these crazies - RAMMSTEIN! Never thought I'd hear those named on Bryan's show.
    Celebrity voices on Alexa. I wonder if Ryan is looking for a royalty fee? :pac:
    Ariana GRAND :rolleyes:
    "Ah you're grand" pun x 3. Wasn't funny the first time but don't let that stop you Bryan.
    A lovely shop, not owned by someone in an office in London.
    That's good. She's really funny.
    Andrew Scott, who we all like. Don't speak for me Ryan please.
    Football "ledge-end".
    Late Late Show plug.
    Meghan Markle.
    WORD OF THE DAY - twardrobe - not sure if I'm spelling that correctly. I have a word for you Bryan. TWAT.
    Prince Charles has a great line in suits.
    Beyoncelicious trademarking her daughter's name.
    Bryan's impression of Anthony Hopkins was so bad it wouldn't even get on FunnyFryday.
    Wikipedia is full of lies and mistruths.
    Brexit shenanigans.

Feck this I'm out.

• Advertisement

Just on Korn, I'm not a fan, but I quite enjoy this video:

It is rather amusing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement