Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,655 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Alexa, turn off RTE Radio 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Today's show has been brought to you by "Alexa
    WORD OF THE DAY - twardrobe - not sure if I'm spelling that correctly. I have a word for you Bryan. TWAT.

Feck this I'm out.

I think the word was "Tourdrobe".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

You should write a story about a cockroach that has been given his own Friday night TV show.

The constant Anti - BREXIT propaganda from RTE is bordering on ridiculous at this stage. We get it, RTE does not want BREXIT, but unfortunately the people of the UK do, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    Today's show has been brought to you by "Alexa

I think the word was "Tourdrobe".

That's what I thought he meant (logically), but he pronounced it as "twardrobe" - and I'm a bloody southsider! Unless I need a hearing aid.....

Watch the Korn video though, it's very good. Lots of subtle and not so subtle musical references to other music genres and personalities, there's a very Spinal Tap feel to it.

• Advertisement

I'm going to echo sligojoek 's comment yesterday on the livrline thread. We just had an ad break involving three adverts. The first was a tv license reminder, the next was a trailer for a program on at 6.30 on Sunday (a tv time slot that is tricky for most stations), and finally an advert for a guy who I've never heard of selling a book.

One of the arguments for Tubs huge salary is he brings in big advertising. Really? No wonder RTE is broke. I hate constant advertising when watching or listening to something but i hate it even more when the advert is for the station or channel I'm watching or listening to at that time.

You should write a story about a cockroach that has been given his own Friday night TV show.

The constant Anti - BREXIT propaganda from RTE is bordering on ridiculous at this stage. We get it, RTE does not want BREXIT, but unfortunately the people of the UK do, get over it.

Ahah! A brexiteer. 51% of Britain 3 years ago wanted Brexit. 49% don't. It is truly disingenuous to say Britain wants Brexit.

Ahah! A brexiteer. 51% of Britain 3 years ago wanted Brexit. 49% don't. It is truly disingenuous to say Britain wants Brexit.

51% is certainly a convincing enough majority when the establishment wants it.

I'm going to echo sligojoek 's comment yesterday on the livrline thread. We just had an ad break involving three adverts. The first was a tv license reminder, the next was a trailer for a program on at 6.30 on Sunday (a tv time slot that is tricky for most stations), and finally an advert for a guy who I've never heard of selling a book.

One of the arguments for Tubs huge salary is he brings in big advertising. Really? No wonder RTE is broke. I hate constant advertising when watching or listening to something but i hate it even more when the advert is for the station or channel I'm watching or listening to at that time.

Anyone listening to Radio 1 on a regular basis knows the schedule. It never changes.
    Morning Ireland
    Tubbs
    Sean OR
    Ronan Collins
    News
    Liveline
    Darcy
    Drivetime
    etc

Why do they have to keep constantly reminding us?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Anyone listening to Radio 1 on a regular basis knows the schedule. It never changes.
    Morning Ireland
    Tubbs
    Sean OR
    Ronan Collins
    News
    Liveline
    Darcy
    Drivetime
    etc

Why do they have to keep constantly reminding us?

And why tell me about something happening on RTE one on Sunday evening on Thursday morning's radio advertising?

If the adverts your doing bring in no actual revenue, how about make tubs or liveline ad free? As in no commercial breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,655 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“There does seem to be a lack of grown-ups in the room.”

I thought grown-ups were just ‘kids with wrinkles’, Ryan.

You know even when we sent Dustin to the Eurovision, RTE at least respected the democratic vote. Their behaviour with this whole BREXIT vote has been shameful.

And why tell me about something happening on RTE one on Sunday evening on Thursday morning's radio advertising?

If the adverts your doing bring in no actual revenue, how about make tubs or liveline ad free? As in no commercial breaks.

Some of us used to run an "Ad Watch" feature on The Live Line Thread years ago. Invariably 90% of it was ads for RTE Projects in one way or another - the orchestra(s), TV Licence, what's coming up on D'Arcy, etc. Aiken Promotions laughably used to advertise concerts a lot during Live Line - talk about NOT knowing your audience - but they seem to have stopped doing this.

Or did you really enjoy it because it echoed all of your own personal opinions Ryan?

ad for ELF, talk of the toy show..

*checks ******** calendar in disbelief*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

More Music wrote: »
    A bit like here.

So you actively seek out and engage with things that you admit are poison to your soul. Seem like an odd choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

withless wrote: »
    So you actively seek out and engage with things that you admit are poison to your soul. Seem like an odd choice.

No, I don't seek anything out. I have been here long before this turned into the mostly negative echo chamber that it is now. I do still occasionally visit but it's not like I come on here every day to post elsewhere about how rubbish it is.

Who would do that.

....The constant Anti - BREXIT propaganda from RTE is bordering on ridiculous at this stage. We get it, RTE does not want BREXIT, but unfortunately the people of the UK do, get over it.

The UK voted for Brexit, just as well this is Ireland so.

Pretty much all of Ireland's industry groups don't want Brexit either.

The economic impact of Brexit is negative, for both the UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe.

Because there would be no point telling you on Monday morning.

Forward selling promos are an industry standard. Even a non-commercial operation like the BBC do it on every channel, multiple times, every single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

The economic impact of Brexit is negative, for both the UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe.

It's the crossborder mushroom industry I feel sorry for.

• Advertisement

Mod
    People are entitled to their opinions without being accused, directly or indirectly, in public, of having a vested interest. That is against the Charter.

Remember that we value all relevant opinions, positive or critical, reasonably expressed.

If you are concerned that someone has a vested interest then PM a Mod. One post has been deleted

Now let's get back on topic.

Uncharted wrote: »

It's the crossborder mushroom industry I feel sorry for.
    Keep 'em in the dark and feed them with sh1te. They'll be grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

But at the end of the day democracy rules in a just society.

Even it's not right for economics or the country, the people voted.
    Out they go.

The top politicians accountants,actuaries and consultants will have to sort it out.

Supposedly they're the brain's inside the machine..

But on the other side you've rage against the machine....

The perfect **** storm.

It won't impact my life as I am not a big consumer, living within my means since I was 18
    Have a salary of around 35k a year.
    Bought my house with inheritance, top up mortgage of 160 Euros a month.
    Living in a detached house in a nice estate in a village in the west coast of Ireland

And I'm not undermining people who'll struggle, it might be hard on the sanctimonious middle classes who've not cut their cloth according to their measure.

We all have the ability to adapt, but some people just never think of the rainy day, there's no point in complaining when it's staring you in the mirror....

Just have to suck it up and take stock....

^^ Great attitude in every way. Couldn't agree more, although there are genuine concerns about things like medicines (in the short term) and job losses.

But this morning, when saying goodbye to Ian McEwan, Tubridy lamented that it might take Mcewan a bit longer to get through the airport queues and that's exactly the kind of attitude that can get to Ffffff...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

^^ Great attitude in every way. Couldn't agree more, although there are genuine concerns about things like medicines (in the short term) and job losses.

But this morning, when saying goodbye to Ian McEwan, Tubridy lamented that it might take Mcewan a bit longer to get through the airport queues and that's exactly the kind of attitude that can get to Ffffff...

My attitude might not sound very empathic, but once one's an adult they have to take responsibility for their decisions and what lies ahead.

I'd hate to see anyone loose their jobs, relationships stretched and people loosing out.
    But if my life went tits up due to the political landscape I can't see people propping me up, they'ed looks after themselves and me likewise.

Hopefully people will get the medicine they need and I think it's a bit like the climate debacle, a lot of scare mongering....

Christmas
    Board games
    Jigsaws

A cute toy with a life lesson.

Toy show and LLS plugs.

Plug for Doirrean Garrihy, LLS and RTE player

"That's Ariana Grande doing an impression of Britney Spears. Speaking of which we will have Doireann Garrihy on the show tonight"

No, just NO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I don't understand Alexa.
    It's a lonely road not being tech-savvy in 2019.
    Apparently Alexa talks back to you.
    I don't really get it.
    Everytime you say Alexa the machine goes bonkers!
    Korn or Limp Bizkit or one of these crazies - RAMMSTEIN! Never thought I'd hear those named on Bryan's show.
    Celebrity voices on Alexa. I wonder if Ryan is looking for a royalty fee? :pac:
    Ariana GRAND :rolleyes:
    "Ah you're grand" pun x 3. Wasn't funny the first time but don't let that stop you Bryan.
    A lovely shop, not owned by someone in an office in London.
    That's good. She's really funny.
    Andrew Scott, who we all like. Don't speak for me Ryan please.
    Football "ledge-end".
    Late Late Show plug.
    Meghan Markle.
    WORD OF THE DAY - twardrobe - not sure if I'm spelling that correctly. I have a word for you Bryan. TWAT.
    Prince Charles has a great line in suits.
    Beyoncelicious trademarking her daughter's name.
    Bryan's impression of Anthony Hopkins was so bad it wouldn't even get on FunnyFryday.
    Wikipedia is full of lies and mistruths.
    Brexit shenanigans.

Feck this I'm out.

what did he say about rammstein?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement