Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

I'm skeptical of both sides, and tbh I don't really know enough.
    What makes you skeptical about climate science as opposed to, say, physics? Or algebra, or plant biology?

Reason I ask is, it is puzzling when people accept that agriculture would be wiped-out in parts of the globe if temperature rose an average of 7 degrees by 2100, but they (randomly?) attack other areas of science which adapt the exact same principles and standards. It's almost like they're choosing to disbelieve things they prefer not to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Some of the creatures in politics nowadays"

There's a few in broadcasting too.

Ads.

TV licence.

RTE orchestra

Sean O Rourke

Sky sponsors

School.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,656 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Jason Byrne’s entire stand-up routine:

“Do you remember the things you used to do at school?! Wasn’t it Maaaad?!”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This means Jason will be on the LLS in the next few weeks.

I hate the way Ryan tries to join in on the madness by explaining all of Jasons stories to us.

JB: I'd come in with muck to my knees
    RT: cos you were out playing in the wet

JB: I'd scoff my food down as quick as I could
    RT: so you could get back out to play

Cheers Ryan, I'd never have understood the madness without you

Ryan is correct in saying that Doireann Garrihy and Jason Byrne are similar.

Neither of them are funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

"Anyone who's been a child in Ireland will enjoy this book" ....only a few million people so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Ryan, I was in my car on Friday and I pulled over and started crying. But this was nothing to do with Celine Dion, it was just to do with the general level of broadcasting.

• Advertisement

........& the finall ad break

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭applehunter

Jon Snow, Christopher Hitchens, Stephen Fry and Jason Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Got a few laughs out of him this morning:

- Talking about some people in the public eye: 'out of ten reviews, they remember the one bad one and forget the nine good ones.' The complete opposite of you, then, Tubridy.

- Tried his anti-British lark but this was thankfully dismissed by Jason Byrne. "The Brits are not like us are they?". They're not like YOU, Tubridy, nor are the vast majority of Irish people.

- Funny hearing him squirm through Byrne's stories about working class childhoods. Byrne talking about playing with other kids in his estate. Tubridy responds awkwardly: "Did you ever just stay in and watch the Muppets, though? Thank goodness for that". :D

- Tries to get in on the bunk beds joke - "it was funny when we used to have to use them on holidays". Must've been a right mind f*ck for young Tubridy to have to share a room for a couple of weeks per year. :pac:

- As he reads yet another miserable text, he exclaims in a slightly excited tone: "crikey, all these people with their stories and their pain" before back-peddling 'but also with their love'. FFS.

- He mistakenly thought Celine Dion's tour was called 'Carnage'. Wrong Tubridy, but keep that title in mind just in case you ever want to rename your own show...

I hear RTE are doing Brexit all day, for a change. Will we have wall to wall Boris from (B)ryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

sligojoek wrote: »
    I hear RTE are doing Brexit all day, for a change. Will we have wall to wall Boris from (B)ryan?

Anything to avoid mentioning Greta again. :pac:

Tubbs will be ultra-woke from here on in,regarding Queen Greta.

Dublin Ireland. FFS. I know there's a Dublin in the USA but come on.

HISTORY

Intriguing

Young people

Young people

Young people

Its true what Ryan say about the importance of history in understanding current affairs. I was dancing around my kitchen this morning listening to the Brexit "leak" and I thought "The Hawarden Kite" (where we get the term 'flying a kite'). Gosh, golly, jolly hockey-sticks, maybe Ryan has a point. How intriguing.

Dead Poets Society.

What's he on about that in the context of history ...???

Take a shot every time "Young people" are mentioned.

I'll be pi$$ed by 9.30.

• Advertisement

Mental alarm goes off as he uses the word man... "but being gender aware..."

Still smarting from that social media slap he got last week & taking no chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Mental alarm goes off as he uses the word man... "but being gender aware..."

Still smarting from that social media slap he got last week & taking no chances.

He won't go down that rabbit hole again.

Tubbs will be a woke-aholic from that day forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

The minister should look at the whole JC debacle & ignore the NCCA on this too

Christmas

Toy show mention Incoming

There he is, at it again. Insinuating that's he's too high brow for Mariah Carey. "... Interesting for anyone that cares".

Now imagine if Ms Carey was to agree to appear on the LLS. He'd he talking about it nonstop. And he's be fawning all over her.

Hypocrit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Admiral Tubridy, indeed. I'd say the only time he was on a boat was when he played one of the masts in the Blackrock college production of South Pacific.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

NIMAN wrote: »
    There he is, at it again. Insinuating that's he's too high brow for Mariah Carey. "... Interesting for anyone that cares".

Now imagine if Ms Carey was to agree to appear on the LLS. He'd he talking about it nonstop. And he's be fawning all over her.

Hypocrit.

You're right.

I'm guessing she was asked to come on the show when she was in ireland/europe.
    But blanked the mickey mouse death show.

I hate him so much

I’m all for Ryan heading out to Hurricane Lorenzo to test this whistling theory.

"Harness all that goodness and turn it into something beautiful."

• Advertisement

I heard Darcy on about "kindness" and "minding each other" this evening. It must be a directive from upstairs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement